• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL If prime Jordan played in today's NBA - would he be the best?

If prime Jordan played in today's NBA - would he be the best?

• Total voters

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You continue to make no sense, talk in circles as well as stalling on a point you try to make.

You probably need to hit refresh on your approach
Nah, my approach is own a mistake if I make it. Wanted to try the approach of shaqdaddy and wamu and dance and deflect instead. Doesn't work for me, though.

You really don't seem like the type to get triggered, panties in wad, etc by comments here. I was wrong. Like me, seems like it's all in good fun for you.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with that last comment.

But there's a couple things here. First, I don't think MJ ever played anyone close in the Finals on the level of the GS teams Lebron faced. Probably not even the SA teams.

Second, we have no idea what MJ might have done in today's NBA. Unless he was willing to take a massive paycut, with no max deals, he really had no choice but to stay.

Not a crazy notion to think he'd have stuck it to Crumbs if, say, the Knicks could have offered him a similar deal.

Jordan’s Bulls WERE the Golden State Warriors of his Era. They were more dominate than the Golden State Warriors. That’s how good Jordan was and he raised the level of play of everyone around him.
And the East was the dominate conference at the time, with Pistons, Celtics, Pacers, etc. So while some of the NBA finals series may not have been the toughest matchup they had while winning the titles.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan’s Bulls WERE the Golden State Warriors of his Era. They were more dominate than the Golden State Warriors. That’s how good Jordan was and he raised the level of play of everyone around him.
And the East was the dominate conference at the time, with Pistons, Celtics, Pacers, etc. So while some of the NBA finals series may not have been the toughest matchup they had while winning the titles.
He went to the Finals 6 times in 15 years. Even if you want to take out the Washington seasons did he forget how dominant he was in the other years?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, my approach is own a mistake if I make it. Wanted to try the approach of shaqdaddy and wamu and dance and deflect instead. Doesn't work for me, though.

You really don't seem like the type to get triggered, panties in wad, etc by comments here. I was wrong. Like me, seems like it's all in good fun for you.

Of course.

Someone points out your fuck up, and they’re triggered. Lol

Do you not see how dumb that sounds?

Admit your mistakes all you like. It doesn’t excuse you from the fact you’ve been wrong over and over again on a daily basis. Ever think about that?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course.

Admit your mistakes all you like. It doesn’t excuse you from the fact you’ve been wrong over and over again on a daily basis. Ever think about that?
do you have trouble with comprehension? He pointed out I was wrong and I owned being wrong. Never said he was triggered, though, I don't think. said panties in a wad (also not true)

You tried to make a point using odds that had the Cavs with a better chance to get to the Finals than Toronto and still cannot man up and admit how foolish that was.

and, I still maintain wamu can easily get his panties in a wad if someone does not agree with him.

anyone else want to go on record and say odds to reach Finals last season BEFORE FA began are relevant to anything regarding last season?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He went to the Finals 6 times in 15 years. Even if you want to take out the Washington seasons did he forget how dominant he was in the other years?

To this I would say he was dominate on his own but didn’t have the pieces around him. 63 points at the garden in 1986 I believe. Celtics were the better team early in his career, then the Pistons. He had to earn his stripes in the East most definitely.

It is a team game. 6 rings in 12 full years as a Bull, 1 year when he came back and only played a handful of games.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you have trouble with comprehension? He pointed out I was wrong and I owned being wrong. Never said he was triggered, though, I don't think. said panties in a wad (also not true)

You tried to make a point using odds that had the Cavs with a better chance to get to the Finals than Toronto and still cannot man up and admit how foolish that was.

and, I still maintain wamu can easily get his panties in a wad if someone does not agree with him.

How is pointing out the first title odds of the 2018/19 season something foolish on my part? I didn’t make them up, you realize that right?

True or false: the opening title odds before the start of last season had both the Cavs and heat above the Raptors. Which essentially placed them in the same bracket of “title contender”.

Very easy question. Let’s see if you can answer this without looking like a complete jackass

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course.

At least he owns up to it. He doesn’t have an alt to help with his battles so I’ll move on. I really just want to talk b-ball in here but it’s the dumbshit comments at times where I can’t hold back being a smart ass. It’s too much fun and what makes this board so entertaining in the summer time.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did Lebron ever figure out that 2nd place doesn’t mean shit in the NBA?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To this I would say he was dominate on his own but didn’t have the pieces around him. 63 points at the garden in 1986 I believe. Celtics were the better team early in his career, then the Pistons. He had to earn his stripes in the East most definitely.

It is a team game. 6 rings in 12 full years as a Bull, 1 year when he came back and only played a handful of games.
No doubt it's a team game, but Lebron led a team to the Finals without a true Pippen. I'd say Z was their 2nd best player in 2007. Eric snow and sasha Pavlovic started in the backcourt. Let that sink in.

Pistons probably the better team, but the Cavs - or pretty much Lebron - beat them.

MJ is great - arguably and probably even likely the GOAT - but in half his seasons he forgot how great he was? I mean, he left and they won 50+. Lebron left and the Cavs won 19 (both times I believe).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least he owns up to it. He doesn’t have an alt to help with his battles so I’ll move on. I really just want to talk b-ball in here but it’s the dumbshit comments at times where I can’t hold back being a smart ass. It’s too much fun and what makes this board so entertaining in the summer time.
No need to stop being a smart ass. It's all in good fun.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I guess we'll see. I don't think the NBA is having much trouble financially but :noidea:
They only just started the ridiculous act of ‘resting’ healthy players in the past few years.
So it’d take a while to really catch up to them, but it most definitely isn’t bringing in new fans to the game.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron got to the finals because he was in the East and the best teams were in the West. Hence the reason he has a losing record in the NBA finals.
Most years, the NBA finals were played in the Western Conference finals. Why do you think Lebron stayed in the East his entire career?
One year in the West and his team didn’t even make the playoffs.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is pointing out the first title odds of the 2018/19 season something foolish on my part? I didn’t make them up, you realize that right?

True or false: the opening title odds before the start of last season had both the Cavs and heat above the Raptors. Which essentially placed them in the same bracket of “title contender”.

Very easy question. Let’s see if you can answer this without looking like a complete jackass
you pointed them out to make a point about where Toronto was viewed before last season......and you did so before they got Kawhi and the cavs lost Lebron.

to answer your question, true

Now answer mine - did odds before the new NBA year and FA started matter as far as how Toronto and the Cavs were viewed when the year actually started? a yes or no will suffice.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt it's a team game, but Lebron led a team to the Finals without a true Pippen. I'd say Z was their 2nd best player in 2007. Eric snow and sasha Pavlovic started in the backcourt.

Pistons probably the better team, but the Cavs - or pretty much Lebron - beat them.

MJ is great - arguably and probably even likely the GOAT - but in half his seasons he forgot how great he was? I mean, he left and they won 50+. Lebron left and the Cavs won 19.

You’re all over the place.

1) Lebron’s East and MJ’s East is totally different. The East back then was loaded like the West has been for a decade. I thought this was obvious to most people.

2) You've got to come to grips with the different Eras. Pistons had a great player at PG, Dumars was a really good SG and Rodman was defense and rebounding. As a Team the Pistons were stout on D obviously because they won back to back titles. That WAS the game then. Lebron ain’t beating that team by himself and really it’s a silly comparison.

3) MJ was great and the Bulls were great, but when he left they were still pretty darn good as a Team coached by a great coach but couldn’t get by the Knicks.

You’ve got to accept that the eras are different the players are different the nba calls a different game now so it’s all kinda silly to compare

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron got to the finals because he was in the East and the best teams were in the West. Hence the reason he has a losing record in the NBA finals.
Most years, the NBA finals were played in the Western Conference finals. Why do you think Lebron stayed in the East his entire career?
One year in the West and his team didn’t even make the playoffs.
yeah we went through this, but maybe you can write it down this time and save it somewhere?.......

Lebron got to the Finals more because the East was easier. MJ won more in the Finals because he played lesser opponents.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re all over the place.

1) Lebron’s East and MJ’s East is totally different. The East back then was loaded like the West has been for a decade. I thought this was obvious to most people.

2) You've got to come to grips with the different Eras. Pistons had a great player at PG, Dumars was a really good SG and Rodman was defense and rebounding. As a Team the Pistons were stout on D obviously because they won back to back titles. That WAS the game then. Lebron ain’t beating that team by himself and really it’s a silly comparison.

3) MJ was great and the Bulls were great, but when he left they were still pretty darn good as a Team coaches by a great coach but couldn’t get by the Knicks.

You’ve got to accept that the eras are different the players are different the nba calls a different game now so it’s all kinda silly to compare

1) Agree, and I guess you and trustme both need to write this down as I've said it a few times....I agree, the East was much tougher for MJ with Finals opponents much tougher for Lebron. Probably why Lebron got there more and MJ won more once there.

2) This is irrelevant. That Piston team can be great and they were, but doesn't mean the team Lebron beat in 2007 was better than the team Lebron had. Talk about all over the place. Your comment was totally irrelevant.

3) agree....because he had far better teammates than Lebron had.