• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL If prime Jordan played in today's NBA - would he be the best?

If prime Jordan played in today's NBA - would he be the best?

• Total voters

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Agree, and I guess you and trustme both need to write this down as I've said it a few times....I agree, the East was much tougher for MJ with Finals opponents much tougher for Lebron. Probably why Lebron got there more and MJ won more once there.

2) This is irrelevant. That Piston team can be great and they were, but doesn't mean the team Lebron beat in 2007 was better than the team Lebron had. Talk about all over the place. Your comment was totally irrelevant.

3) agree....because he had far better teammates than Lebron had.

2) great teams will always beat great individuals. I’ll take that in any era. B-ball is b-ball so it’s the same fundamentals. It’s a weird comparison but that Pistons team was pretty stout. My guess is a young Rodman would guard Lebron

3) Lebron also jumped around and tries to play GM so it’s hard for me to use that as some kind of excuse for him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2) great teams will always beat great individuals. I’ll take that in any era. B-ball is b-ball so it’s the same fundamentals. It’s a weird comparison but that Pistons team was pretty stout. My guess is a young Rodman would guard Lebron

3) Lebron also jumped around and tries to play GM so it’s hard for me to use that as some kind of excuse for him.

2) Uh....no. and the 2007 Cavs proved that (or Lebron proved that). while they might not have been as good as the Bad Boy Pistons, that 2007 Piston team was a title winner and a favorite that season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you pointed them out to make a point about where Toronto was viewed before last season......and you did so before they got Kawhi and the cavs lost Lebron.

to answer your question, true

Now answer mine - did odds before the new NBA year and FA started matter as far as how Toronto and the Cavs were viewed when the year actually started? a yes or no will suffice.

Did it matter? There’s an argument for each side so yes and no.

If you thought the Raptors were title contenders before free agency a 40/1 shot sounds a lot better than 7/1. In which case yes it did matter.

How many people thought the Raptors legitimately would win it all even AFTER trading for Kawhi though?

I’m still waiting for you to find someone that would have picked them to win the Championship.

There was only ONE title contender last year and they were based in Oakland.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the dumbest thread in the history of the NBA forum? Can't believe it's almost at 40 pages.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2) Uh....no. and the 2007 Cavs proved that (or Lebron proved that). while they might not have been as good as the Bad Boy Pistons, that 2007 Piston team was a title winner and a favorite that season.

Yeah I’m not sure I can agree with you there.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the dumbest thread in the history of the NBA forum? Can't believe it's almost at 40 pages.

In all fairness, about 15 of those pages are of the same guy telling me to get back in the kitchen

The rest are of everyone else laughing at the OP

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a dumb debate.

If Jordan came up through this era, he would have come up playing this era's game. Therefore, there would have been more of an emphasis on the perimeter game and three point shooting. It's no different than people criticizing LeBron for playing in this "softer" modern era. If LeBron came up in the 80's like Micheal did - he would have adapted to the environment. Just like he adapted to his current one.

However, the reason this topic is dumb (in every sport) is because there's no way to accurately assess these potential situations. It's all going to come down to bias. So, there's no point... unless you just want to see posters spinning their wheels.

The debate is as good as saying that Jordan is the GOAT. How can fans claim he is the GOAT when he hasn't played against all the greats in the game? Yet, Jordan slurpers will claim he is the GOAT because he won 6 rings in a weak era, even though we don't know how other stars would have done in that same weak era. Even ranking players in the same era is flawed but still doesn't stop there from being an MVP every year and people debating it. Maybe we should shut down this whole forum because we can find a flaw in every debate we have over a team or a player.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron’s chances of being the GOAT went out the window when he started chasing titles with hand picked teams and still ended up with a losing record.

He will be one of the top 3-4 players, but I think it speaks volumes when no one wanted to join him in the two years he has been in LA. It took emptying the roster to trade for Davis.

So you're going to ignore that the trade was made because AD wanted out of Nawlins, signed with Lebron's agency and requested the trade to LA?

The only reason he was traded for was because he still had a year on his contract.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all fairness, about 15 of those pages are of the same guy telling me to get back in the kitchen

The rest are of everyone else laughing at the OP

Don’t forget 5-6 pages of us triggered
;)

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
43c9004c7c52cd1a4b99437fbab9794e623f3ed778c770cb23da2ea3090ad414.jpg

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s the annual mad slap the troll offseason nba thread. This time with alts :doh:

Not much else to do this time of year