• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL If prime Jordan played in today's NBA - would he be the best?

If prime Jordan played in today's NBA - would he be the best?

• Total voters

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt it's a team game, but Lebron led a team to the Finals without a true Pippen. I'd say Z was their 2nd best player in 2007. Eric snow and sasha Pavlovic started in the backcourt. Let that sink in.

Pistons probably the better team, but the Cavs - or pretty much Lebron - beat them.

MJ is great - arguably and probably even likely the GOAT - but in half his seasons he forgot how great he was? I mean, he left and they won 50+. Lebron left and the Cavs won 19 (both times I believe).

MJ isn't leading that team past the Pistons. I don't know who could have.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re all over the place.

1) Lebron’s East and MJ’s East is totally different. The East back then was loaded like the West has been for a decade. I thought this was obvious to most people.

2) You've got to come to grips with the different Eras. Pistons had a great player at PG, Dumars was a really good SG and Rodman was defense and rebounding. As a Team the Pistons were stout on D obviously because they won back to back titles. That WAS the game then. Lebron ain’t beating that team by himself and really it’s a silly comparison.

3) MJ was great and the Bulls were great, but when he left they were still pretty darn good as a Team coached by a great coach but couldn’t get by the Knicks.

You’ve got to accept that the eras are different the players are different the nba calls a different game now so it’s all kinda silly to compare

"The East was loaded"? During MJ championship runs? LOL...Please

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta say he's right on that one...

Philly, Detroit, New York was even pretty good back in the 90's...

east was the tougher conference then...

In the early to mid 90's? No. Detroit's run was winding down. The sixers? They were okay in 90-91. New York was Ewing and scrubs. I don't know what's with all the overrating of the East in this thread.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the early to mid 90's? No. Detroit's run was winding down. The sixers? They were okay in 90-91. New York was Ewing and scrubs. I don't know what's with all the overrating of the East in this thread.

early 90's late 80's...

but yes, that was the stronger conference then...

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
early 90's late 80's...

but yes, that was the stronger conference then...

Not talking late 80's, talking early to mid 90's. Did you see the 76ers record then. After 90-91 it is putrid.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not talking late 80's, talking early to mid 90's. Did you see the 76ers record then. After 90-91 it is putrid.

I get that. just saying the East WAS considered the stronger conference at the time. they for the most part played a more physical style of basketball...

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was wondering why the 2 of you ain't butted heads yet lol...

He posts over at AG so we don't really argue over here as unspoken agreement. We only got into a couple of debates over there anyway. He's actually a better poster here than at AG. He still uses the age and race insults over there, though, but he talks much more basketball over here..

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're going to ignore that the trade was made because AD wanted out of Nawlins, signed with Lebron's agency and requested the trade to LA?

The only reason he was traded for was because he still had a year on his contract.

If it makes you feel better about the situation — feel free to think that.

Lebron signed with LA and multiple superstar FA’s could have joined him. Paul George literally said he wanted to play with the Lakers. Lebron signs and George doesn’t even give the Lakers a chance to meet with him.
Kawhi Leonard said he wanted to come to LA and he did.........signing with the Clippers over the Lakers. Then the guy who wouldn’t even meet with the Lakers asks to be traded to the Clippers.
Kemba Walker, Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irvin, Klay Thompson, etc. all went elsewhere.

Since signing Lebron — the big FA signing they’ve made is who.....Demarcus Cousin?

LA had to trade away their future to get Davis and the Lakers aren’t even looked at as the best team to play on their own home court.

No Laker fan can be happy after this offseason. With the largest FA class of superstars we’ve ever seen — the Lakers didn’t sign any of them, even though they had Lebron already. That has to speak volumes.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta say he's right on that one...

Philly, Detroit, New York was even pretty good back in the 90's...

east was the tougher conference then...

That wasn’t even the comment so once again taken out of context. :L He’s too busy logging in and out... or he just can’t read.

Comment was in regards to Jordan early years not winning a ring. Celtics and Pistons owned the East. But yeah even during those championship years the Knicks were stout. Gave the Rockets a pretty good series when MJ was missing curve balls

Just the fact that someone has to explain that to him makes his 1 brain cell explode knowing Lebron could've walked through the east for years on 1 leg.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn’t even the comment so once again taken out of context. :L He’s too busy logging in and out... or he just can’t read.

Comment was in regards to Jordan early years not winning a ring. Celtics and Pistons owned the East. But yeah even during those championship years the Knicks were stout. Gave the Rockets a pretty good series when MJ was missing curve balls

Just the fact that someone has to explain that to him makes his 1 brain cell explode knowing Lebron could've walked through the east for years on 1 leg.

that Knicks/Pacers series with Reggie Miller is STILL a classic...

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I agree Jordan couldn't do shit until the league became weak by expansion and the fall of legends...lol..

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree Jordan couldn't do shit until the league became weak by expansion and the fall of legends...lol..

You’ve almost got everyone convinced. 1 more day and I think you got it.

Lol love the poll btw that was a nice touch