• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL If prime Jordan played in today's NBA - would he be the best?

If prime Jordan played in today's NBA - would he be the best?

• Total voters

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cry? delicate? Only one of us has complained when someone disagrees with him and it's not me.

Must be you because I haven’t complained. Lol. Hell I voted potato salad

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what does the MJ mention have to do with anything? Not like he was some tough guy.
You mentioned dominating defensive players of today, as if they didn’t have dominating defensive in the 80’s and 90’s.
Jordan is regarded as one of the best defensive players of all time, but it gets lost in all the scoring and nba titles he won

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mentioned dominating defensive players of today, as if they didn’t have dominating defensive in the 80’s and 90’s.
Jordan is regarded as one of the best defensive players of all time, but it gets lost in all the scoring and nba titles he won
don't think I mentioned dominant players today other than maybe to say there are and they didn't all exists in the 90s or earlier.

Also said hitting and grabbing guys does not make someone a solid defender.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you do seen to get your panties ruffled by anything remotely negative about MJ.

:L
Goodness the panties are worn by pollers like you that get your polls and threads blown up. You just go round and round until you convince yourself you are kinda right.

Negative Jordan is one thing. But this is a troll thread and a dumb one at that. I’m just playing with the trolls lol

You keep deflecting tho.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m very flattered and accepting this thread as a tribute thread btw.

:suds:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP is a fair question, though, and your panties are in a wad if anyone dares to disagree.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say no. The best perimeter players aside from Lebron are very good to great 3 point shooters. Jordan never excelled at 3 point shooting and doesn't have the play making abilities of a Lebron, so I think he would generally fall short of the best but in the conversation occasionally.

It's a dumb debate.

If Jordan came up through this era, he would have come up playing this era's game. Therefore, there would have been more of an emphasis on the perimeter game and three point shooting. It's no different than people criticizing LeBron for playing in this "softer" modern era. If LeBron came up in the 80's like Micheal did - he would have adapted to the environment. Just like he adapted to his current one.

However, the reason this topic is dumb (in every sport) is because there's no way to accurately assess these potential situations. It's all going to come down to bias. So, there's no point... unless you just want to see posters spinning their wheels.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a dumb debate.

If Jordan came up through this era, he would have come up playing this era's game. Therefore, there would have been more of an emphasis on the perimeter game and three point shooting. It's no different than people criticizing LeBron for playing in this "softer" modern era. If LeBron came up in the 80's like Micheal did - he would have adapted to the environment. Just like he adapted to his current one.

However, the reason this topic is dumb (in every sport) is because there's no way to accurately assess these potential situations. It's all going to come down to bias. So, there's no point... unless you just want to see posters spinning their wheels.
I agree that's a good point for most, but there has been some give and take here.....but not much.

I'm not one who is sure he's the best anyway (lean that he is, but Lebron in the discussion) and did think he'd be fine and maybe still the best today, but did think the OP had some good points (other than saying Derozan was on MJ's level...which to his credit OP backed off from).

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just proved my poster not post narrative. when do I get chippy? Rarely get into the namecalling or profanity laced tirades like some/many. One of whom you just called as a lifeline. There's a few posters I cannot help but laugh when I reply to them, and yes, same one you called as a lifeline.

When do you get chippy? All the time. How often to do you say people are using deflection, moving the goal posts & dance around everything? That's your game plan on a daily basis when anyone disagrees w/ you. But it's always everyone else right?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When do you get chippy? All the time. How often to do you say people are using deflection, moving the goal posts & dance around everything? That's your game plan on a daily basis when anyone disagrees w/ you. But it's always everyone else right?
deflection - often
goal posts - rarely if ever

Look at me answering direct questions.

Now your turn....saying someone is using deflection to you is chippy?

I could say the Browns are going to be great this year and you'd have a profanity laced meltdown. But I wont say it.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deflection - often
goal posts - rarely if ever

Look at me answering direct questions.

Now your turn....saying someone is using deflection to you is chippy?

I could say the Browns are going to be great this year and you'd have a profanity laced meltdown. But I wont say it.

A profanity laced meltdown?:pound:You're good at making things up.

And if you would say the Browns will be great this year I'd call you a delusional homer.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It’s a delicate bunch these boys. Round and round and round

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And if you would say the Browns will be great this year I'd call you a delusional homer.
triggered?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ignored the question, too? Big shock. Here it is again.....referring to deflection is chippy in your eyes?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
triggered?

Yeah that's what I am. Repsonding to you means I'm triggered. There's something wrong w/ you. And keep in mind from the moment you got to the NBA threads you've always had an issue w/ someone. Yet you insist it's never you. It's always everyone else.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ignored the question, too? Big shock. Here it is again.....referring to deflection is chippy in your eyes?

You're the only person in the NBA threads that uses the word deflection. And you only bring that word out once someone doesn't agree w/ you.

You have a very distorded opinion of yourself to think you're always right.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that's a good point for most, but there has been some give and take here.....but not much.

I'm not one who is sure he's the best anyway (lean that he is, but Lebron in the discussion) and did think he'd be fine and maybe still the best today, but did think the OP had some good points (other than saying Derozan was on MJ's level...which to his credit OP backed off from).

Lebron’s chances of being the GOAT went out the window when he started chasing titles with hand picked teams and still ended up with a losing record.

He will be one of the top 3-4 players, but I think it speaks volumes when no one wanted to join him in the two years he has been in LA. It took emptying the roster to trade for Davis.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
triggered?

Then show us the posts where you see us triggered or our “panties our whadded”. Pretty sure we’ve been here laughing and you delicates keep beating the dead horse.

I’ll be here waiting

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ7 continuing his meltdown

Please luvvvv my MJ lol