• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL If prime Jordan played in today's NBA - would he be the best?

If prime Jordan played in today's NBA - would he be the best?

• Total voters

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. They have pussified every major sport. That is why you see more offense.
Then you have coddled superstars in the NBA who cry to be traded and they join up with others to chase a ring.
I don’t even waste my time on the NBA now. I don’t watch the NBA anymore until the playoffs. It is a waste of time. My favorite is the players ‘resting’ on back to back games. Fans pay top dollar to see Lebron come to town and he sits out to ‘rest’:lol:

The league is soft right now.
Or maybe they are smart and people smarter than you have figured out careers can be lengthened and players will perform better with fewer back to backs.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care how much you like defense a 72-68 playoff game is awful
And it's not even just defense...when we were getting games like those they took less shots, as well, and slowed the games down.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still had the dominating defensive players during that time, but they also had guys who literally ‘protected the rim’, by punishing anyone who wanted to drive to the basket.

Hell, Michael Jordan was a 10 time first team all-NBA defensive player.
what does the MJ mention have to do with anything? Not like he was some tough guy.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
72-68 with 1-2 brawls sounds awesome. Not great b-ball obviously but that wasn’t the norm. East conference maybe here and there but the Bulls scored 90+ plenty.

And Most straight males like myself like to watch big time defense including big time blocks from very talented centers back then and don’t like touch fouls called.

Touch fouls being called are for pussies. No b-ball player likes those.

Shutting down your opponent down has always been a part of the game of b-ball. If you don’t like it, watch or play horse

The nba changed when Arenas brought a gun to practice and Artest went batshit on an asshole fan. Ever since then IMO the refs are too involved and control the game. The one and dones are not mature enough to handle brawls, etc.
Hard to believe a fan of MJ thinks touch fouls (or even fouls when not touched) didn't happen.

Doesn't take a bball player to knock a guy down or hold his opponent to stop him.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it's not even just defense...when we were getting games like those they took less shots, as well, and slowed the games down.

The game slowed down because of how physical it had become. Players don't want to go flying up and down the court when they know they're going to get knocked into the 3rd row. lol

Plus, it's a copycat league and the Bulls were having a lot of success with using MJ in a lot of iso plays. So a lot of teams tried to do the same with their best players.

The problem was, only one team had MJ.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those low scoring, playoff intensity, battles were not bad at all. Lol shows some of you boys’ age.

Shit was brewing during the game/series and it got chippy.

Nba is way less chippy now and won’t let things even approach getting chippy

You boys know what chippy means?
Yeah...you seem to get chippy when someone disagrees with you.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game slowed down because of how physical it had become. Players don't want to go flying up and down the court when they know they're going to get knocked into the 3rd row. lol

Plus, it's a copycat league and the Bulls were having a lot of success with using MJ in a lot of iso plays. So a lot of teams tried to do the same with their best players.

The problem was, only one team had MJ.
I don't think that was it at all. Cavs/Fratello slowed it down as it was the only way they could beat teams with more talent.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just awful.. :L

Jordan Bird and Magic made the NBA and b-ball global.

We get it. You’re too young to understand.

Jordan also made Nike what it is today.

But please continue with your full blown tard rant for 30 more pages. It is funny
I probably need to supply a public service announcement here and point out you have had a lot to do with the amount of pages as well.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that was it at all. Cavs/Fratello slowed it down as it was the only way they could beat teams with more talent.

That's what the physical play was all about. Giving less talented teams a chance to win.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

Oh the irony of this statement.

Hey @ChiefsLakers67 & @TurnUpTheHeat check this shit out. Too damn funny.
You just proved my poster not post narrative. when do I get chippy? Rarely get into the namecalling or profanity laced tirades like some/many. One of whom you just called as a lifeline. There's a few posters I cannot help but laugh when I reply to them, and yes, same one you called as a lifeline.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably need to supply a public service announcement here and point out you have had a lot to do with the amount of pages as well.

Oh I’m having a laugh and the Jordan bashing is funny but cmon some of these comments are beyond idiotic

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to believe a fan of MJ thinks touch fouls (or even fouls when not touched) didn't happen.

Doesn't take a bball player to knock a guy down or hold his opponent to stop him.

Touch fouls are WAAAY more common today than back in the day. That’s beyond obvious. Jordan got calls, that’s been established. Just like every other great player in the games history.

Jordan took plenty of abuse and earned many of the calls he got. Bird got calls and got abused. Magic got calls. Lebron has gotten plenty of calls.

Acting like anyone of these guys got more calls is laughable.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...you seem to get chippy when someone disagrees with you.

I’ll add you in with the delicate bunch. I’m on here for fun. Sarcasm and talking b-ball is what I do. But let’s be real and call this a troll thread by a triggered individual. Lol and I think it’s great. But I’m gonna play along so Don’t cry if I do

Last edited:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

Oh the irony of this statement.

Hey @ChiefsLakers67 & @TurnUpTheHeat check this shit out. Too damn funny.

Isn’t ironic the same guy with a poll that backfired is in here barkin with another dipstick with another poll that backfired?

Round and round they go, day after day trying to convince themselves they are right.

90A7F736-3907-4EE7-9E3D-05E49B690AE7.gif

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next he will get his dad killed...

Look at the deep hatred. Got you so triggered you’re out of your tree.

You can’t even comment about on any b-ball comments in here any more. But keep coming after me

You will continue to lose

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll add you in with the delicate bunch. I’m on here for fun. Sarcasm and talking b-ball is what I do. But let’s be real and call this a troll thread by a triggered individual. Lol and I think it’s great. But I’m gonna play along so Don’t cry if I do
cry? delicate? Only one of us has complained when someone disagrees with him and it's not me.