• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

IF Peyton doesn't win a Super Bowl With Denver will he be a "bust"

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably will pass Rodgers statistically only because Luck got about a three year head start while Rodgers to ride the pine behind that diva brett favre.

Before it was finally mercifully over, Favre had left three NFL franchises in complete shambles.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOT saying that I don't think Peyton Manning won't win a Super Bowl with the Broncos because I think he has an excellent chance to win this year and for the next few years.

But the question was raised on sports radio this afternoon on my ride home from work.

"Will Peyton Manning be considered a bust in Denver (and only Denver) if he doesn't win a Super Bowl?"
Yes he will. Some posters just ignored the 'only Denver' and went off about his past accomplishments,records, etc. The Broncos brought him there to win the Lombardi,not to just win some games.

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before it was finally mercifully over, Favre had left three NFL franchises in complete shambles.

Packers are doing just fine without Favre.

Jets and Vikings? Not so much.

:lol:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably will pass Rodgers statistically only because Luck got about a three year head start while Rodgers to ride the pine behind that diva brett favre.

Duh what do you think Brady did with NE with Bledsoe thats why Manning has 61 game edge on him,

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duh what do you think Brady did with NE with Bledsoe thats why Manning has 61 game edge on him,

Peyton was good enough to play, Brady wasn't. Period.

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also Brady missing a full season as well.

What's most impressive about Manning, is he broke Favre's record in 56 less games and with 114 less interceptions.

Last edited by a moderator:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton was good enough to play, Brady wasn't. Period.

Indy had the #1 overall pick and needed a franchise QB and chose Peyton. He took that team to 3-13 first season with 27 int/ Same thing happened with Luck who took a 2-14 season to 11-5 and playoffs first year. Pats had a franchise QB, so why would they put in an unknown 6th rd QB. He and Rodgers were fortunate to sit on pine for 3 years and learn, but also took away for you fantasy points and stat geeks.

I guess the no 2 QB that year Ryan Leaf was good enough or another no@1 in Russell.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady was on the bench for 3 years? Say what?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're letting facts stand in the way of a good Patriots legend. :L

Only Patriot legend Pats accomplished shit 30 years before and I was there the whole time. Least Colts had Unitas, Manning and now Luck. GB had Starr, Favre and now Rodgers. Denver had Elway and now Manning. All have had success before the current QB

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong again first ballot HOFer and one of best ever

I'm with Sonny on this, nobody with half a brain in New England or anywhere else for that matter would consider Peyton anything but a great QB. I C what wood did here, tch, tch, shame on you brother ...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he will. Some posters just ignored the 'only Denver' and went off about his past accomplishments,records, etc. The Broncos brought him there to win the Lombardi,not to just win some games.

Every teams goal is to win the Lombardi.... They brought in Peyton to give them a better chance to reach that goal... Winning it all is never guaranteed... You just can't call the guy a bust if that doesn't happen... I mean dam last year Denver had the best offense the NFL has ever seen... That can't be called a bust... And once again there the favorite to come out of the AFC...

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every teams goal is to win the Lombardi.... They brought in Peyton to give them a better chance to reach that goal... Winning it all is never guaranteed... You just can't call the guy a bust if that doesn't happen... I mean dam last year Denver had the best offense the NFL has ever seen... That can't be called a bust... And once again there the favorite to come out of the AFC...

Great post.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick question for Bronco fans?

Over the years I've spent lots of time laughing at Broncos fans for thinking that Elway was the superior Qb of the two. I was wondering if you personally have ever thought that, and if you did, do you still feel that way?

Laugh all you want the guy brought the Broncos 2 Lombardi's and 3 other Super Bowls during his time with the Broncos. So to me I will take that any day of the week from a franchise quarterback. I love Manning and probably at this time I would say Manning is the better pure quarterback of the two. I will say though if I had my choice of Manning in his prime or Elway in his prime especially come playoff time I take Elway every day of the week. I mean he did have the nick name "comeback kid." Manning is great in his own way of coming back in games but there was just something special about Elway. When it came to big games (other than the Super Bowl to start his career) Elway would do everything possible to find a way to win.

So if you put a gun to my head right now I would probably say Manning is the better of the two but it would take me a few seconds to answer as they both have greatness about them but in different ways.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laugh all you want the guy brought the Broncos 2 Lombardi's and 3 other Super Bowls during his time with the Broncos. So to me I will take that any day of the week from a franchise quarterback. I love Manning and probably at this time I would say Manning is the better pure quarterback of the two. I will say though if I had my choice of Manning in his prime or Elway in his prime especially come playoff time I take Elway every day of the week. I mean he did have the nick name "comeback kid." Manning is great in his own way of coming back in games but there was just something special about Elway. When it came to big games (other than the Super Bowl to start his career) Elway would do everything possible to find a way to win.

So if you put a gun to my head right now I would probably say Manning is the better of the two but it would take me a few seconds to answer as they both have greatness about them but in different ways.

He has too laugh his guys have 1 SB incl Luck.Manning/Unitas

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOT saying that I don't think Peyton Manning won't win a Super Bowl with the Broncos because I think he has an excellent chance to win this year and for the next few years.

But the question was raised on sports radio this afternoon on my ride home from work.

"Will Peyton Manning be considered a bust in Denver (and only Denver) if he doesn't win a Super Bowl?"

it will just be said..'he hasn't done shit'. just using the same logic others have on here. :noidea:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has too laugh his guys have 1 SB incl Luck.Manning/Unitas

It just cracks me up that so many think they have to diminish another quarterback just to lift up theirs. To me right now I have Brady, Manning, and Elway all in my top-5 all time quarterbacks. When you get to such elite talent as that distinguishing between them all is just about impossible. Everybody can make an argument for all the top guys. To me just recognize that you are watching greatness and appreciate it for what it is. I am not a Brady fan but I respect the heck out of the guy and what he brings to his team. The guy has been one of the biggest competitors in the league and is a big reason the Patriots have been one of the best teams since Brady took over. You don't win the division as often and as consistently as they do without him. Same with the other guys in Manning and Elway in they kept their teams relevant every year. That is a franchise type quarterback that no matter the talent around them they help rise them to levels never thought possible with that kind of roster.