• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

IF Peyton doesn't win a Super Bowl With Denver will he be a "bust"

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Brady missing a full season as well.

What's most impressive about Manning, is he broke Favre's record in 56 less games and with 114 less interceptions.

Very impressive. Peyton also missed significant time with 4 neck surgeries.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just cracks me up that so many think they have to diminish another quarterback just to lift up theirs. To me right now I have Brady, Manning, and Elway all in my top-5 all time quarterbacks. When you get to such elite talent as that distinguishing between them all is just about impossible. Everybody can make an argument for all the top guys. To me just recognize that you are watching greatness and appreciate it for what it is. I am not a Brady fan but I respect the heck out of the guy and what he brings to his team. The guy has been one of the biggest competitors in the league and is a big reason the Patriots have been one of the best teams since Brady took over. You don't win the division as often and as consistently as they do without him. Same with the other guys in Manning and Elway in they kept their teams relevant every year. That is a franchise type quarterback that no matter the talent around them they help rise them to levels never thought possible with that kind of roster.

:agree:

but closer to a handful that like to diminish another teams QB to lift theirs up.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laugh all you want the guy brought the Broncos 2 Lombardi's and 3 other Super Bowls during his time with the Broncos. So to me I will take that any day of the week from a franchise quarterback. I love Manning and probably at this time I would say Manning is the better pure quarterback of the two. I will say though if I had my choice of Manning in his prime or Elway in his prime especially come playoff time I take Elway every day of the week. I mean he did have the nick name "comeback kid." Manning is great in his own way of coming back in games but there was just something special about Elway. When it came to big games (other than the Super Bowl to start his career) Elway would do everything possible to find a way to win.

So if you put a gun to my head right now I would probably say Manning is the better of the two but it would take me a few seconds to answer as they both have greatness about them but in different ways.

Elway took several mediocre teams a long way in the 80's and early 90's. He was also saddled with Dan Reeve's horrible play-calling.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it will just be said..'he hasn't done shit'. just using the same logic others have on here. :noidea:

Heater all you can do is ask your QB to do is put your team in a position to win, and not lose the game. I know as a Pats fan Brady did that in last 2 SB losses, giving them leads late in games

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway took several mediocre teams a long way in the 80's and early 90's. He was also saddled with Dan Reeve's horrible play-calling.

The NFC was superior then but if Elway had the Denvers current team, would bet he would have won last 3 SBs

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heater all you can do is ask your QB to do is put your team in a position to win, and not lose the game. I know as a Pats fan Brady did that in last 2 SB losses, giving them leads late in games

EXACTLY!!:nod:

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFC was superior then but if Elway had the Denvers current team, would bet he would have won last 3 SBs

Being the best team in the AFC was like being the King of the Dipshits back then. NFC was vastly superior.

The Browns may have had a better chance of winning some of those SB's (had they made it).

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure I would go that far...I do think he would have beat Baltimore as his game was a better fit for the weather conditions compared to that of Manning. So I think he would have stood a very good chance of winning the Super Bowl in 2012. Last year in the Super Bowl I just don't think anybody was going to beat Seattle on that day. They had a great game plan and the Broncos OL and Secondary were just so beat up that Seattle just picked them apart.

I would say it would also depend on what part of Elway's career we are talking about. At the end of his career when he won 2 Super Bowls he wasn't all that mobile of a quarterback...more than Manning right now but not much. In his prime though he could have maybe stood a chance to escape a lot of that pressure that the Seahawks threw at the Broncos.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I would go that far...I do think he would have beat Baltimore as his game was a better fit for the weather conditions compared to that of Manning. So I think he would have stood a very good chance of winning the Super Bowl in 2012. Last year in the Super Bowl I just don't think anybody was going to beat Seattle on that day. They had a great game plan and the Broncos OL and Secondary were just so beat up that Seattle just picked them apart.

I would say it would also depend on what part of Elway's career we are talking about. At the end of his career when he won 2 Super Bowls he wasn't all that mobile of a quarterback...more than Manning right now but not much. In his prime though he could have maybe stood a chance to escape a lot of that pressure that the Seahawks threw at the Broncos.

Not sure about that, with Broncos so strong on both sides and having a great O line ,I think Elway even last few years would get it done, Tebow took them into playoffs

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a ridiculous question...

They brought him in obviously to give it a good chase, but they know that nothing is promised, and having an MVP at QB is not a guaranteed ticket to a SB win. But, it gets you closer than most teams.

That said, I haven't seen a team make such a hard push to win a SB right now as what the Broncos are doing. So yeah, if they come out of this run without a trophy to show for it, they'll be very disappointed. But really, none of that should fall on Manning considering how unbelievably good he has been since he got to Denver.

I've heard all off season how hard it is to repeat, its not that its hard to repeat, its just hard to win a SB, period. So putting it all on the shoulders of one player is quite stupid.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a ridiculous question...

They brought him in obviously to give it a good chase, but they know that nothing is promised, and having an MVP at QB is not a guaranteed ticket to a SB win. But, it gets you closer than most teams.

That said, I haven't seen a team make such a hard push to win a SB right now as what the Broncos are doing. So yeah, if they come out of this run without a trophy to show for it, they'll be very disappointed. But really, none of that should fall on Manning considering how unbelievably good he has been since he got to Denver.

I've heard all off season how hard it is to repeat, its not that its hard to repeat, its just hard to win a SB, period. So putting it all on the shoulders of one player is quite stupid.

Glad Seahawks fans realizing that

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please... I followed a team for decades that didnt win a SB. I fully understand how easy it is to not win.

yeah me too but lot of Seattle fans were talking a dynasty, you including

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah me too but lot of Seattle fans were talking a dynasty, you including

Naw, not me, Sonny... I'm confident in them going forward, but I haven't said shit about a dynasty, let alone a repeat. Unless it was just in a hopeful context.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams win Super Bowl's not just QB's. Some of you are brainwashed by ESPN and cant think for yourselves. Pretty pathetic. Just saying.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams win Super Bowl's not just QB's. Some of you are brainwashed by ESPN and cant think for yourselves. Pretty pathetic. Just saying.

Teams win SBs and playoffs. Peyton loses them for teams . Just saying

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naw, not me, Sonny... I'm confident in them going forward, but I haven't said shit about a dynasty, let alone a repeat. Unless it was just in a hopeful context.

My bad Sonny and I root for Hawks and Carroll