• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

IF Peyton doesn't win a Super Bowl With Denver will he be a "bust"

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about that, with Broncos so strong on both sides and having a great O line ,I think Elway even last few years would get it done, Tebow took them into playoffs

Like I said 2012 I agree he stood a very good chance as it took a 70-yard bomb in the last minute to beat them with Manning so with Elway again I like the chances that they finish that game out a bit better. Last year though when it came to the Super Bowl we were not the talent rich team that we are this year. We didn't have guys like Clady, Harris, Miller, Moore, Ward, Ware, and Talib like we do this year. Our defense has 9 new starters compared to what played in the Super Bowl. Should show just how hurt that side of the ball was for the Super Bowl. On offense I don't know how much of a difference Clady makes but I feel a whole heck of a lot better for Manning with an All-Pro protecting his blind side compared to a guy who was cut by the Minnesota Vikings and had never started a game in his life before last year. So while Manning made the team look pretty darn strong and Elway would have too I just don't think we win it last year whether it was Manning or Elway.

2011 the year of Tebow who knows. Manning didn't have that team so no idea how he would have done with that team compared to Tebow.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're easy to root for.:whistle:

I talked to Carroll giving him directions when he was coach for NE very personable, As well as rest of team. We all know they got hosed in SB with Pitt

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2011 the year of Tebow who knows. Manning didn't have that team so no idea how he would have done with that team compared to Tebow.

The D was a bit overrated that year. NE torched Denver's D in the playoff game after the win over the Steelers.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D was a bit overrated that year. NE torched Denver's D in the playoff game after the win over the Steelers.

They did get very fortunate to play some 2nd and 3rd string quarterbacks during the Tebow run. We definitely were a very blessed team during that of getting fumbles at opportune times or when a team is trying to run out the clock the RB decides to run out of bounds kind of thing. Tebow did always seem to find a way in the 4th quarter but man for 55 minutes of games it was hard to watch.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know about Peyton Manning is this, he CAN'T be considered the best QB who ever played the game with an 11-12 record in the postseason. When it counts the most Peyton Manning hasn't gotten it done. If any team can get a pass rush against him he folds, just like he did against the Ravens in the AFC title game.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know about Peyton Manning is this, he CAN'T be considered the best QB who ever played the game with an 11-12 record in the postseason. When it counts the most Peyton Manning hasn't gotten it done. If any team can get a pass rush against him he folds, just like he did against the Ravens in the AFC title game.

That's football 101 though man... Any good pass rush screws up and offenses timing... Offense is about timing, defense is about screwing up that timing... Nothing is better for a defense than a good pass rush... You can't totally blame Manning for that... He has faced some good playoff defenses...

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's football 101 though man... Any good pass rush screws up and offenses timing... Offense is about timing, defense is about screwing up that timing... Nothing is better for a defense than a good pass rush... You can't totally blame Manning for that... He has faced some good playoff defenses...

All I know is when it counts Peyton Manning hasn't gotten it done. His 11-12 record in the postseason speaks for itself. If it weren't for Rex Grossman he wouldn't have a ring.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is when it counts Peyton Manning hasn't gotten it done. His 11-12 record in the postseason speaks for itself. If it weren't for Rex Grossman he wouldn't have a ring.

If its all about QB vs QB, he went through Brady to get to Grossman.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If its all about QB vs QB, he went through Brady to get to Grossman.

Yeah I seem to remember something about the biggest comeback in AFC Championship history happening for them to get to the Super Bowl that year. At least that seems to ring a bell. I hate when people try to compare quarterbacks like that of that other quarterback does not play defense. The reason the Bears made it to the Super Bowl was not Rex Grossman. They had a great defense that carried them. People seem to completely forget the rest of the team and only focus on the quarterback.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He faced some tough Pittsburgh teams... He faced tough Patriots teams... And keep in mind that 2006 Bears team had a helluva good defense that year... That wasn't given to him ... Bears were spotted 7 points on the opening kickoff also...

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the Bears had a good defense that year. If Grossman didn't turn the ball over for 4 quarters the Bears would have won the Super Bowl. Meaning Manning wouldn't have a ring.

This is the easiest era to ever play the QB position. Defenses aren't allowed to defend anymore. What's happening to the NFL is sad.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the Bears had a good defense that year. If Grossman didn't turn the ball over for 4 quarters the Bears would have won the Super Bowl. Meaning Manning wouldn't have a ring.

This is the easiest era to ever play the QB position. Defenses aren't allowed to defend anymore. What's happening to the NFL is sad.

The SB is not just about one game. Let's say that Chicago was an AFC team that Indy beat in the playoffs, and NE was the NFC team that Indy beat in the SB, would you downplay the accomplishment with "if it wasn't for that shit QB Grossman that Indy beat in the playoffs, Manning wouldn't have gone on to win the SB"?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning will never be considered a bust, HOF for sure. However one more SB win would really put a shine on his career.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning will never be considered a bust, HOF for sure. However one more SB win would really put a shine on his career.
Manning with no SB in Denver = Bust (just in Denver).They aren't paying the guy to get them an almost. Still....just going by the OP's original post.He will be a first round HOF five years after he retires.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning with no SB in Denver = Bust (just in Denver).They aren't paying the guy to get them an almost. Still....just going by the OP's original post.He will be a first round HOF five years after he retires.

They're not paying him to win a SB either. They're paying him to do HIS PART in trying to win one.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're not paying him to win a SB either. They're paying him to do HIS PART in trying to win one.

This is the part that people seem to miss. They want to put it all on Manning if he wins or loses in a Super Bowl or really any game for that matter. Kind of like this past week where Wilson actually played a great game but because Seattle lost people want to put the blame on him. A quarterback can do their job and the team can still lose. Last year Manning had to score over 50 points in a game just to win. Let's say the offense only scored 42 points but still lost...is that on Manning for losing the game? Now Manning deserves some of the blame in the last Super Bowl as many on the team do. There was very few in that game for the Broncos that played good.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know about Peyton Manning is this, he CAN'T be considered the best QB who ever played the game even if he wins the next 6 Super Bowls because I'm a Tom Brady fan.

That's just wrong, man. :L

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they are. There is only one goal in the NFL...to win the Lombardi. There is no runner up prize.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they are. There is only one goal in the NFL...to win the Lombardi. There is no runner up prize.

So then every single player in the league that doesn't win the SB in any given year can be considered a bust.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are right to a degree. They are paying him to do his part in winning the Lombardi. He can only control his part of making sure the team wins. Like I said say he goes out and puts up 42 points for the offense but the defense gives up 43. Is that Manning's fault that the team lost? This happened actually against the Ravens just a couple of years ago where the team put up 35 points but gave up 38. Any time your team puts up 35 points you expect to win almost every single time. Heck when Manning went out of the game with a minute left to play they were up 7 yet ended up losing on a 70 yard bomb. Somehow though that comes back on Manning?