• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

IF Peyton doesn't win a Super Bowl With Denver will he be a "bust"

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think so, yeah it'd be nice for him to win one but the guy's playing great football since he got there, no way is he a bust.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's debatable. What's not is that Tom Terrific belongs in the discussion.

I like to think of it this way.....if you put peyton on the 80s 49ers are they a better team? And if u put Montana on the 00's Colts are they better? The way I see it....the Colts were so heavily dependent on Manning where as the 49ers weren't with Montana. To me its not even close, but I can understand those that wanna use the "rings argument".....shallow minds they have

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must add.....I love my fellow fighting Irishmen. I rooted for him during the new bleak years of the Indianapolis Colts franchise, but I will never be naive enough to rank him above Manning....hell I wouldn't rank him above Brady

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just disagree that he was brought in to WIN a SB, that's just unrealistic expectations even for a great player. They brought him in, IMO, to tilt the table, and he certainly has. I disagree that "nothing less will suffice" if he plays his best ball and still doesn't win a title.

I agree that he was brought in to do his part and he has, except for the SB, but that was a team meltdown, so give him a pass. However this year, if the core player remain healthy, doing his part will include wining the SB and if he fails, then that will impact how he is viewed.

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not really. it went great and a super bowl would be icing on the cake. I was one that doubted if Manning should even be on the field after having multiple back surgeries, so this is beyond anything I thouht Manning could pull off. the better question is (WHERE I STILL THINK HE SHOULD HAVE GONE) what if he went to Arizona? UNSTOPPABLE???

Last edited by a moderator:

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Tebow won on the road in the postseason with an inferior Broncos team. That should answer the OP question.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Tebow won on the road in the postseason with an inferior Broncos team. That should answer the OP question.

And the lowest football IQ in this thread belongs to...

Bradyjustwins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to think of it this way.....if you put peyton on the 80s 49ers are they a better team? And if u put Montana on the 00's Colts are they better? The way I see it....the Colts were so heavily dependent on Manning where as the 49ers weren't with Montana. To me its not even close, but I can understand those that wanna use the "rings argument".....shallow minds they have

Other than the fact in the 80s there wasn't close to as many pro QB/passing game rules.

Which is why Marino's TD record year was more impressive than Manning's two and Brady's one.

Different world and yes Montana would rip just about every defense apart today.

Oh and it's not a rings argument for me. It's a Manning is under .500 in the postseason argument. It's a fact he was directly responsible for at least half of those losses with bad mistakes. It's the fact in his one SB year he had 3 Td's and 7 ints. Hardly was the main reason they won that year.

Records are nice but no one thinks Favre is a legit GOAT anymore and he held multiple records.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bust is a player coming out of college highly touted that flops in the NFL, like ryan leaf. Peyton is extraordinary and should never be labelled a bust. Dont care for the guy personally but haters will always hate. Give the man his due, possibly best qb of all time. Was marino a bust?

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's debatable. What's not is that Tom Terrific belongs in the discussion.

Did Manning suddenly erase 8 one and drones and a horrible playoff record? ... No? Then he's behind both.

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BLAHAHA. MANNING IS GOING TO OWN the record book. CASE CLOSED.....

That's nice. And he'll have 8+ one and dones and a sub 500 record in the playoffs.

Ask what he would rather have, rings or records.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ the desperate Brady guys in here pretending like they're providing "perspective." :L Just wow.