• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

IF Peyton doesn't win a Super Bowl With Denver will he be a "bust"

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ the desperate Brady guys in here pretending like they're providing "perspective." :L Just wow.

Hammer it's ok to say Manning is a great qb, but not close to being better then Montana.

Granted seeing you are a Titans fan, you need something to keep you going while your team sucks.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer it's ok to say Manning is a great qb, but not close to being better then Montana.

Granted seeing you are a Titans fan, you need something to keep you going while your team sucks.

Dude, look at you. :L

"If I talk about the Titans it'll make Tom Brady look so good!" - dumbass logic
And it's than. Than. THAN!!! :gaah:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than the fact in the 80s there wasn't close to as many pro QB/passing game rules.

Which is why Marino's TD record year was more impressive than Manning's two and Brady's one.

Different world and yes Montana would rip just about every defense apart today.

Oh and it's not a rings argument for me. It's a Manning is under .500 in the postseason argument. It's a fact he was directly responsible for at least half of those losses with bad mistakes. It's the fact in his one SB year he had 3 Td's and 7 ints. Hardly was the main reason they won that year.

Records are nice but no one thinks Favre is a legit GOAT anymore and he held multiple records.

Well you use rule changes and I'll use the salary cap....peyton might've benefited from the rules, but Montana b enefiited by playing in an era where there was no salary cap and you could build all-star teams if you wanted to spend the money. Really we're arguing a moot point cuz Andrew Luck is going to go down as the greatest QB of all time.....I didnt think I was ever be amazed at watching the QB position after watching Peyton for 15 years, but kid in his 3rd year in dropping my jaw every week. He's light years ahead of Peyton going into the 3rd year

Bradyjustwins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Argument about salary cap would work had they not spent most of their money on offense over the years. Harrison, Wayne, James, Clark and kept most of that OL together.

If you want to say the salary cap made it harder to win games because you couldn't load both sides like the 80s 49ers I'd buy that. Don't buy it held his numbers back when Polian pretty much put all his eggs on offense minus paying Freeney.

Again Montana was special in an Era harder to move the ball through the air...that is just a fact. He also has one of the best winning percentage in the postseason having to go through just as hard a group in the 80s NFC as Manning did in the 00s.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How legit is Peyton's Super Bowl if Rex Grossman was the opposing quarterback?

So now we're resorting to legitimizing Super Bowl wins based on the opposing QB.

But only if it's Peyton.

Just wow.

Bradyjustwins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And wow are you how homerific about Luck or what? He's good but no where the once a generation great QB you think he is.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradyjustlosttheafcchampionshipgame

Anybody see what I did there?

Bradyjustwins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup and you need help with your obsession..seeing I have been discussing Montana and not Brady.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he won't be a bust.

He's the best player in the league. He'll be remembered for forever and 50 years from now people will be talking about how great he was.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Argument about salary cap would work had they not spent most of their money on offense didn't the years. Harrison, Wayne, James, Clark and kept most of that OL together.

If you want to say the salary cap made it harder to win games because you couldn't load both sides like the 80s 49ers I'd buy that. Don't buy it held his numbers back when Polian pretty much put all his eggs on offense minus paying Freeney.

Again Montana was special in an Era harder to move the ball through the air...that is just a fact. He also has one of the best winning percentage in the postseason having to go through just as hard a group in the 80s NFC as Manning did in the 00s.

They paid Freeney, Mathis, Bob Sanders, Gary Bracket, Antoine Betcha and a whole bunch of defensive players.....they didnt live up to their potrntial cuz they didnt have a Peyton on their side of the ball....those players on offense the colts paid? We both know benefitted from the gratest QB of all time...

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to think of it this way.....if you put peyton on the 80s 49ers are they a better team?

Yup. He'd make a pretty good backup to Montana....and when Young arrives, he'd have a battle and might settle for the third QB.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. He'd make a pretty good backup to Montana....and when Young arrives, he'd have a battle and might settle for the third QB.

Well bitter 49er fan who's stuck with another overhauled QB, IMO young was a better QB than Montana. No he doesn't have four rings, but then again Terry Bradshaw isnt in my top 10

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we judge QB's by Super Bowl wins or personal stats?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well bitter 49er fan who's stuck with another overhauled QB, IMO young was a better QB than Montana. No he doesn't have four rings, but then again Terry Bradshaw isnt in my top 10

Who's that QB who has more TDs than Montana? And Young? Combined? :scratch: