• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

IF Peyton doesn't win a Super Bowl With Denver will he be a "bust"

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we judge QB's by Super Bowl wins or personal stats?

I think the realistic answer is that he has to have at least one win before consideration but mostly it's personal opinion and the eye test. Panicky, delusional Pats fans will tell you it's ALL about the SB wins and that Trent Dilfer is just as good as Peyton Manning.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well bitter 49er fan who's stuck with another overhauled QB, IMO young was a better QB than Montana. No he doesn't have four rings, but then again Terry Bradshaw isnt in my top 10

Bitter? Obviously you have no idea, but whatever. Steve Young better than Montana? I'm not too surprised at that, given that Young was kinda like Manning - a great regular season guy by small by his own standards when the knockout rounds began.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we judge QB's by Super Bowl wins or personal stats?

I think using the eyes is the best way, but that's just me. Heck, at 38 Joe Montana realized he's better off retiring and teaching his incompetent son how to play QB for the Irish as a 3rd stringer while Manning is shattering records at that age....but im biased

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question: Has Peyton even peaked yet?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question: Has Peyton even peaked yet?

Uhhh Manning has been basically the same guy for the last 10+ years. The league around him has changed, ie, made it more passer friendly.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L
Bitter? Obviously you have no idea, but whatever. Steve Young better than Montana? I'm not too surprised at that, given that Young was kinda like Manning - a great regular season guy by small by his own standards when the knockout rounds began.

Well young was another one of those great QBs that didnt benefit from not having a salary cap.....don't get me wrong dude montana was great, but not only was he the greatest QB of all time, but hes not even the greatest QB of Notre Dame or the 49ers......however....he might be the best chiefs QB of all time

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 5 All Time NFL QB's by Personal Stats....

1. Brett Favre
2. Peyton Manning
3. Dan Marino
4. Drew Brees
5. John Elway

Bradyjustwins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the realistic answer is that he has to have at least one win before consideration but mostly it's personal opinion and the eye test. Panicky, delusional Pats fans will tell you it's ALL about the SB wins and that Trent Dilfer is just as good as Peyton Manning.

Wrong it's about both. Manning falls hopelessly short when talking wins. The "eye test" for me is Manning sucked during his one SB run.

And Pats fans are delusional? Try the guy who boils every topic to a shot at Brady. You add almost nothing to conversations and when called out on your BS Literally ignore it. Again tell me how the Pats OL doesn't get called for holding...all while being 2nd in most holding penalties. :L

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well young was another one of those great QBs that didnt benefit from not having a salary cap.....don't get me wrong dude montana was great, but not only was he the greatest QB of all time, but hes not even the greatest QB of Notre Dame or the 49ers......however....he might be the best chiefs QB of all time
:laugh3:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong it's about both. Manning falls hopelessly short when talking wins. The "eye test" for me is Manning sucked during his one SB run.

And Pats fans are delusional? Try the guy who boils every topic to a shot at Brady. You add almost nothing to conversations and when called out on your BS Literally ignore it. Again tell me how the Pats OL doesn't get called for holding...all while being 2nd in most holding penalties. :L

Top poster in a thread about Peyton Manning?

A guy with Brady is his username as he tells me 100 times how I'm obsessed. :L

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montana is still my favourite but if Peyton get's another SB this season and, secures the most passing yards title in the next 1-2 years, that in conjunction with most TD's, he will be the greatest! He can do it as well.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montana is still my favourite but if Peyton get's another SB this season and, secures the most passing yards title in the next 1-2 years, that in conjunction with most TD's, he will be the greatest! He can do it as well.

You know how this makes no sense? What if he backs into another Super Bowl win....just like he did in 2006. The guy had more than twice as many ints as TD's in the Super Bowl run, and came away with a ring.....how many other QB's can say they did the same thing?

Say what you want about Peyton Manning. He looks awesome against the Texans or Titans in week 7 of any regular season, but the guy just isn't wired for the playoffs.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can argue the greatest of all time until time itself ends. That's kind of what makes it fun. But right now, .....on this very day, 31 teams would trade their QB for Manning straight up. That includes the Patriots, Saints, Packers and the Chargers.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know how this makes no sense? What if he backs into another Super Bowl win....just like he did in 2006. The guy had more than twice as many ints as TD's in the Super Bowl run, and came away with a ring.....how many other QB's can say they did the same thing?

Say what you want about Peyton Manning. He looks awesome against the Texans or Titans in week 7 of any regular season, but the guy just isn't wired for the playoffs.
Do you still sleep with your Joe Montana blowup doll?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can argue the greatest of all time until time itself ends. That's kind of what makes it fun. But right now, .....on this very day, 31 teams would trade their QB for Manning straight up. That includes the Patriots, Saints, Packers and the Chargers.
Bullshit.