• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

IF Peyton doesn't win a Super Bowl With Denver will he be a "bust"

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask this question, does anyone doubt that Peyton team now has the defense to go with all the weapons the Bronco's already had, to win a SB? Is there any excuse short of a run of injuries for Peyton not to win a SB this year?

Meh.....Andrew Luck the Colts are pretty goodď

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. He'd make a pretty good backup to Montana....and when Young arrives, he'd have a battle and might settle for the third QB.

Montana was great, peyton probably best of all time.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe you put that dipshits name in the same sentence with Payton Manning, the HOF and Super Bowl. It would damn well take a Supreme Being to make that happen. If it did you'd have Muslims, Budist, Hindus and Atheist flocking to the church by the million. There's a better chance of Goodell walking on water.

I know, I was joking :suds:

MRVegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not.

I think Manning has surpassed Marino as best passer of all-time, but that's as far as I can honestly put him. He is a statistics machine, but individual stats are only a 1/4 of the story-and I personally feel he has always been more interested in stats than wins. It seems you rarely see him hand the ball off inside 5yd line before he has his 3 TD passes- once his stats are padded then he will take care of the RB's.... Just something I've noticed more and more over the years.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams win or lose games not just QB's. How many ESPN Skip Bayless brainwashed losers are there? Just saying.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, you guessed it. The final whistle barely blew before we had a new "Brady for GOAT!!!" thread yelling and screaming about his personal stats. The same, exact personal stats that can't be used to determine whether Peyton Manning is a great. :L

Can't. Make. This. Shit. Up.

Wonder if Cowherd is screaming about "get Brady some talent" this morning? :L

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, you guessed it. The final whistle barely blew before we had a new "Brady for GOAT!!!" thread yelling and screaming about his personal stats. The same, exact personal stats that can't be used to determine whether Peyton Manning is a great. :L

Hammer,

It is not just about stats, but they are part of the discussion.

---------
Post Season Winning % (and record)
SB winning % (and record, this = amount of rings)
Regular season winning % (and record)
Post season stats
Regular season stats

There is the list a QB should be judged on imo and I am sure everyone will weight the above criteria differently.

Though I am not sure why someone would feel stats are more important than winning.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are exactly 3 types of people who would consider it a choke job if the Broncos don't win the Super Bowl this year.

1. People with Pats avatars
2. People with Michigan avatars
3. People who think Elway is in the discussion for best quarterback of all time.

Just because I am a Patriots fan doesn't make this question any less relevant. I was NOT saying Peyton is a BUST because he is one of the GOAT and I was just asking the question since he was clearly brought in solely to win a Super Bowl (multiple probably) would some people call his time in Denver a bust if he didn't win.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, with this Denver team, it would be a huge disappointment. As to whether it was PMs fault, you would have to look at the stats...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where is this so called thread you speak of?

I will say this much though... The amount of people that said he was washed up in weeks 1 and 2 and now after last week who said we were wrong tripled.

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, with this Denver team, it would be a huge disappointment. As to whether it was PMs fault, you would have to look at the stats...

But those stats do not always tell the story.

He could throw for 300 yards 2 tds and 1 int

By the stats that is a really good day.

But what happens when that 1 int is a pick 6 that loses the game?

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But those stats do not always tell the story.

He could throw for 300 yards 2 tds and 1 int

By the stats that is a really good day.

But what happens when that 1 int is a pick 6 that loses the game?

I think everybody knows that a game isn't won or lost on that one play. There were 70 other plays in that game as we'll. What if the defense had gotten that stop on 3rd and 3? What if Welker made the catch? (To soon?). See what I mean...

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now they look like the most complete of NFL teams around.

Manning is a sure first rounder of HOFer but if he and the Bronco's don't a win a Superbowl something has to be considered a bust.

Let's see how the rest of the season plays out.

That's a not a Patriot homer point of view imo