• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

IF Peyton doesn't win a Super Bowl With Denver will he be a "bust"

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOT saying that I don't think Peyton Manning won't win a Super Bowl with the Broncos because I think he has an excellent chance to win this year and for the next few years.

But the question was raised on sports radio this afternoon on my ride home from work.

"Will Peyton Manning be considered a bust in Denver (and only Denver) if he doesn't win a Super Bowl?"

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOT saying that I don't think Peyton Manning won't win a Super Bowl with the Broncos because I think he has an excellent chance to win this year and for the next few years.

But the question was raised on sports radio this afternoon on my ride home from work.

"Will Peyton Manning be considered a bust in Denver (and only Denver) if he doesn't win a Super Bowl?"

I don't think so. Based on how well he's played and the fact that Denver at least reached the Super Bowl, I wouldn't call it a bust. Slightly disappointing, but not a bust.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he should or will be labled a "bust" if he doesn't win it but I am sure people will say yes.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how you could possibly call him a bust. He's the best player on the team and is the only reason they are even in the SB discussion.

There's no one they could have landed at QB who could have done what he has. Blaming Peyton for no SB's would be a cop out.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so. Based on how well he's played and the fact that Denver at least reached the Super Bowl, I wouldn't call it a bust. Slightly disappointing, but not a bust.

Granted Denver got thrashed in that Super Bowl.... But that is very true he did at least get the Broncos to one (so far)

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he doesn't win one in the next three years, then he sucks. - Hammer Logic

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Denver fans should just be grateful he's even there.

I'll be seeing him in person on Thursday!!!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how you could possibly call him a bust. He's the best player on the team and is the only reason they are even in the SB discussion.

There's no one they could have landed at QB who could have done what he has. Blaming Peyton for no SB's would be a cop out.

I am not calling him a bust (not saying you were trying to say I was) but there will be plenty of people who say he will be or was. We all know QBs take most of the blame if a team doesn't win however.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Manning's TD record breaking thing "rehearsed?"

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no doubt that he will be known as a bust throughout most of New England.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, in fact, I would expect Nationwide and Papa John's to go out of business if he doesn't win a Super Bowl for Denver. Tim Tebow would've won the Super Bowl by now, no excuses for Peyton.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no doubt that he will be known as a bust throughout most of New England.

Wrong again first ballot HOFer and one of best ever

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway didn't sign PMFM in order to get blown out in a SB. Failure to win it all is failure, in my opinion. Label that as you like, if it comes to that.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong again first ballot HOFer and one of best ever

Got that right! As much as it pains me to say something nice about the guy but he really is one hell of a QB and deserves all the praise he gets because he has earned it

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Bronco fan it has just been a joy to watch him work. He has helped bring this franchise back from some of the darkest days in Bronco history (still can't stand McDaniels for what he did to this franchise). The fact that every year he has been here we have been in the running for a Super Bowl is what you want for your franchise. Yes winning one would be huge not only for Manning but for the Broncos. Whether he wins one or not though I will always look back on these years we have had him with a smile.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Elway consider him a bust? Because as TD mentioned and I figured... He did not bring in Manning to NOT win it all. It's not about the fans either because I heard it's been a sell out since what 1970?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Elway consider him a bust? Because as TD mentioned and I figured... He did not bring in Manning to NOT win it all. It's not about the fans either because I heard it's been a sell out since what 1970?

I don't think Elway will consider him a bust but he will not quite look on these years as "blissfully" as I do. Obviously his ultimate goal is Super Bowl Champs and I do think he has done enough to build this team up as a GM/VP to get that to happen. Now it is just a matter of is this the Broncos year for it to all come together? Right now it seems a bit early to be doing this thread as Manning could have another 2 years after this season. We just don't know what the future holds. The Broncos could win the next 3 or they could get skunked...just don't know.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Elway will consider him a bust but he will not quite look on these years as "blissfully" as I do. Obviously his ultimate goal is Super Bowl Champs and I do think he has done enough to build this team up as a GM/VP to get that to happen. Now it is just a matter of is this the Broncos year for it to all come together? Right now it seems a bit early to be doing this thread as Manning could have another 2 years after this season. We just don't know what the future holds. The Broncos could win the next 3 or they could get skunked...just don't know.

oh, I only did this thread because I heard it being talked about on the radio. I don't think we should only think this is Manning's last year or anything like that. Just wanted a discussion going.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton is lucky he was able to loosen his hands from around his throat long enough to win one superbowl. If Elway is expecting him to win another, especially at his advanced age, he's setting himself up for disappointment. He'll have to be happy for a lot of winning, lots of asses in the seats and having a way to run the debacle known as Tim Tebow out of town without pitchforks and nooses.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, I only did this thread because I heard it being talked about on the radio. I don't think we should only think this is Manning's last year or anything like that. Just wanted a discussion going.

I understand...it has been a talking point since he got to Denver of pretty much the Broncos going all-in to give Manning and the team a shot at the Super Bowl. I mean you don't pay a guy $20 million a year just to look pretty...you expect results from that kind of investment. I just am one that it is hard to tell right now how Bronco fans or Elway or really any fan of football will look at Manning in his time with the Broncos.

Like I said for me I will look on these years favorably as it is so much more enjoyable to watch football when your team is actually relevant every year. Also beyond just being relevant this team has been record setting since Manning came to town. It has been fun to know that I have gotten the opportunity to watch history being made with my own eyes. Watching Manning throw the record breaking touchdown yesterday is something I will remember for the rest of my life as a Bronco fan. Obviously a Super Bowl I would remember even more but we shall see if that happens.