• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

IF Peyton doesn't win a Super Bowl With Denver will he be a "bust"

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning is still IMO the best QB to ever play the game. He guaranteed your team a playoff lock and did it for quite some time in Indy with not a lot of help.

Broncos were pretty beat up last year too, something Seattle is experiencing this year. If Broncos have Miller and some of the lineman they had out, it might be a different game. Not saying Seattle loses, but it most likely would've been closer.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time has taught me just to appreciate players while you can and not to dissect everything. - He has entertained me, fuck everything else.

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bust and P. Manning in the same sentence. You guys are funny. Y'all debate crazy chit.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time has taught me just to appreciate players while you can and not to dissect everything. - He has entertained me, fuck everything else.

This ^. It must be fun to be a Broncos fan these days. He just makes it look so easy. He's a joy to watch. Sort of reminds me when we got to watch Barry here every week. It's football... entertainment ...and he does what he does better than anyone I've ever seen, though Marino was a blast to watch play also.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ^. It must be fun to be a Broncos fan these days. He just makes it look so easy. He's a joy to watch. Sort of reminds me when we got to watch Barry here every week. It's football... entertainment ...and he does what he does better than anyone I've ever seen, though Marino was a blast to watch play also.

I miss Barry like crazy...stinks that he cut his career so short as he should own just about every record book there is for a RB. He is one of those guys like Peyton Manning that you just sit on the edge of your seat wondering what in the world are they going to do next that can top what they have done so far and they always seem to find a way.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
biggest thing holding manning and the broncos back is their scrub coaches. Fox is brain dead half the time and Del Rio calls some of the dumbest blitzes on earth at bad times.

Peyton has been lucky enough to have talented teams, but the coaching has always been subpar. and don't give me dungy as a good coach either. He was the BEST peyton has had. But is a mediocre coach at best in my opinion.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
biggest thing holding manning and the broncos back is their scrub coaches. Fox is brain dead half the time and Del Rio calls some of the dumbest blitzes on earth at bad times.

Peyton has been lucky enough to have talented teams, but the coaching has always been subpar. and don't give me dungy as a good coach either. He was the BEST peyton has had. But is a mediocre coach at best in my opinion.

It just depends on your idea of a head coach. Bronco fans have debated this like crazy about the coaching staff. I put them middle of the pack in the NFL. Fox is incredible at keeping the locker room in check. You keep hearing about these teams that have locker room issues and that just doesn't happen with the Broncos. He knows how to work with lots of different kinds of personalities and get them unified. Fox also is a great defensive minded guy. Last year the Broncos struggled on defense but a good chunk were injured plus the team was playing with such huge leads they went prevent for about half the game it seemed like giving up big chunks of yards and garbage time points hurting the stats. The year before that though they were top-5 under Del Rio and Fox. They seem pretty set on accomplishing that once again already being top-5 in the league and looking like they are getting better each week.

The biggest issue with Fox though is he does get conservative almost too soon. He hates to step on the throats of opponents and seems to let teams back into games. His in-game decisions are also questionable such as having like 55 seconds on the clock at the end of the half with 2 timeouts from the 30-yard line and deciding to run out the clock instead of letting Manning try to march down the field. It doesn't make sense when you have the best 2-minute field general in the NFL and not use him.

So again why I put him middle of the pack. He does a lot of great things to get this team on the same page during the week. It is his work on Sunday that leaves you scratching your head.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he won't be a bust.... He's gotten Denver to the playoff's every year he's been there ... That is not a bust... Winning the Super-Bowl is never easy.... He's been playing his butt off in Denver...

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Bronco fan it has just been a joy to watch him work. He has helped bring this franchise back from some of the darkest days in Bronco history (still can't stand McDaniels for what he did to this franchise). The fact that every year he has been here we have been in the running for a Super Bowl is what you want for your franchise. Yes winning one would be huge not only for Manning but for the Broncos. Whether he wins one or not though I will always look back on these years we have had him with a smile.

Take it from a Vikings fan whose team should have won a SB with Favre as he wrapped up his career, and damm near got there in '09... if you guys don't get a SB out of it, you'll always look back on the Manning era asking why the hell things never worked out. That one year of Favre as a Viking was unforgettable, one of the greatest years of an elite QB's career, but it needed to end in a title, but didn't. If Manning retires after 5+ years in Denve with no titles there to show for it, it'd suck even worse than when Favre and the Vikings failed.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take it from a Vikings fan whose team should have won a SB with Favre as he wrapped up his career, and damm near got there in '09... if you guys don't get a SB out of it, you'll always look back on the Manning era asking why the hell things never worked out. That one year of Favre as a Viking was unforgettable, one of the greatest years of an elite QB's career, but it needed to end in a title, but didn't. If Manning retires after 5+ years in Denve with no titles there to show for it, it'd suck even worse than when Favre and the Vikings failed.

I'm not saying that I would be completely satisfied with the Manning years if we didn't win a Super Bowl. I would feel when you have a team with some HOF type guys in Manning and Ware and others possibly on their way in Miller, Thomas, Thomas, and Clady that yes this is definitely one of our best shots in the history of the Broncos to win the Super Bowl. I still understand though that the best teams don't always win the Super Bowl. It is the great and bad thing about the NFL in having the single game elimination. The team with the best talent doesn't always win out. Sometimes the bounces just do not go a team's way on a certain Sunday. So I understand when it comes to winning a Super Bowl it is about hard work throughout the season but I also understand especially when it comes to the playoffs there is a luck factor involved. Hopefully the talent and luck both line up.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying that I would be completely satisfied with the Manning years if we didn't win a Super Bowl. I would feel when you have a team with some HOF type guys in Manning and Ware and others possibly on their way in Miller, Thomas, Thomas, and Clady that yes this is definitely one of our best shots in the history of the Broncos to win the Super Bowl. I still understand though that the best teams don't always win the Super Bowl. It is the great and bad thing about the NFL in having the single game elimination. The team with the best talent doesn't always win out. Sometimes the bounces just do not go a team's way on a certain Sunday. So I understand when it comes to winning a Super Bowl it is about hard work throughout the season but I also understand especially when it comes to the playoffs there is a luck factor involved. Hopefully the talent and luck both line up.

Well, good luck to you guys. If my Vikings continue their classic choking (and in more recent years, flat out sucking) and have no shot at a title, I'm pulling for Denver and Manning to get one. Manning's career deserves another ring, and I've always liked the Broncos as a franchise.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, good luck to you guys. If my Vikings continue their classic choking (and in more recent years, flat out sucking) and have no shot at a title, I'm pulling for Denver and Manning to get one. Manning's career deserves another ring, and I've always liked the Broncos as a franchise.

I appreciate that. I'm hoping Manning can get another one too as I agree he is very deserving of another ring. The guy has been nothing but class since he came into the league and has been one of the biggest reasons the NFL has become the biggest entertainment in the country. Now yes he has been paid handsomely for his work but it truly will be a sad day for the NFL when he decides to hang it up.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so but some people will definitely say he was.

I think the whole "rings" argument is dumb but there are definitely people out there who will proudly insist Trent Dilfer was ten times the QB Dan Marino was because ... RINGS! It's dumb but some people are just dumb.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday was a big Brady vs Manning day on the local sports radio stations. Silly huh?

Every time Manning shatters another all-time record, the Brady people panic so I'm not surprised at all. The mounting panic is a pure pleasure to witness. :D

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick question for Bronco fans?

Over the years I've spent lots of time laughing at Broncos fans for thinking that Elway was the superior Qb of the two. I was wondering if you personally have ever thought that, and if you did, do you still feel that way?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick question for Bronco fans?

Over the years I've spent lots of time laughing at Broncos fans for thinking that Elway was the superior Qb of the two. I was wondering if you personally have ever thought that, and if you did, do you still feel that way?

Hard to compare the two, in my opinion. The game has changed so much, the two had very different playing styles, and other than his last three years, the teams that Elway played on were pretty mediocre, though Elway was very instrumental in helping those earlier squads overachieve.

Manning is obviously the superior pocket passer and the more cerebral of the two, while Elway was far more athletic. Both are obviously outstanding competitors who belong in the HOF and deserve mention when discussing the greatest QBs of all time.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to compare the two, in my opinion. The game has changed so much, the two had very different playing styles, and other than his last three years, the teams that Elway played on were pretty mediocre, though Elway was very instrumental in helping those earlier squads overachieve.

Manning is obviously the superior pocket passer and the more cerebral of the two, while Elway was far more athletic. Both are obviously outstanding competitors who belong in the HOF and deserve mention when discussing the greatest QBs of all time.

Should also have added how cool it is for Broncos fans that Elway the GM was able to bring Manning to Denver and build a team that gives Manning a shot to end his career in similar fashion to how Elway ended his playing career.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
" Peyton Manning only loses because his defense sucks OR because he wasnt surrounded by enough talent OR because the breaks didnt go his way OR because his coaching staff sucked OR because the sun was in his eyes OR because his hands were too sweaty due to the centers ass being abnormally moist OR because he had to play against Tom Brady... oops forget that last one!!!" - Manning fans.

Now on a serious note the answer is no. It takes a lot to win a SB and Manning is only a part of it. However this team he is on now is by far the best team he has had in his career.

Never mind the fact that the last two times they've met in the playoffs, Manning's team has eliminated Brady's team. :whistle:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never mind the fact that the last two times they've met in the playoffs, Manning's team has eliminated Brady's team. :whistle:

well to be fair.... the Patriots did get screwed in that spot on that 4th and 1 call. :nod: lol But yes, he has