• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

IF Peyton doesn't win a Super Bowl With Denver will he be a "bust"

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again folks.... I am not saying BUST for his Career.... I'm saying "bust" for his BRONCOS "career"

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos didn't sing him to get to the playoffs. They signed him to win a Superbowl. Hell Tebow got them to the playoffs and won a game. All those records and they don't mean a thing when you are chasing a ring.

Great players sacrifice their own stats to win championships.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never mind the fact that the last two times they've met in the playoffs, Manning's team has eliminated Brady's team. :whistle:

Oh man why did you have to say that!? Now some Pats fans will be in total freak-out mode.:rollseyes:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man why did you have to say that!? Now some Pats fans will be in total freak-out mode.:rollseyes:

nope... Patriots lost... Sucks big time but it's over. the TWO times his BROTHER beat the Patriots hurts the most

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos didn't sing him to get to the playoffs. They signed him to win a Superbowl. Hell Tebow got them to the playoffs and won a game. All those records and they don't mean a thing when you are chasing a ring.

That's pretty much my thinking too. I guess you might say that every team's objective each year is to win a SB, but to me it seems pretty clear that signing Manning, along with several other FAs over the past three years, is consistent with saying that the Broncos have "gone all in" on trying to win a SB. I'm not sure that the same can be said about every team every year.

I don't know if "bust" is the right word to describe Manning's time in Denver if the Broncos don't win a SB, but it's clear to me that they will have failed to do what they sought to do when signing Manning and other key FAs.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jdwills126;5741340[B said:
]The Broncos didn't sing him to get to the playoffs. They signed him to win a Superbowl.[/B] Hell Tebow got them to the playoffs and won a game. All those records and they don't mean a thing when you are chasing a ring.

That's true but that I think you have to realize that it's incredibly, incredibly difficult to win the Super Bowl. Only one team manages it every year, and it's not always the best team, either. Anytime you have a one and done tournament you run the risk of a great team having a bad day and being upset by a team they would beat 9 times out of 10.

Then you have to consider the expectation of what the Broncos were getting when they signed Manning. It's easy to forget now, but no one knew if he could ever be good again, let alone great, when he signed with Denver. Lots of people were speculating that with one hit his career would be over. Sure, the Broncos hoped that he would be good again, but they didn't know it would happen, and I doubt anyone would have predicted that his numbers would actually be better than they ever were in Indianapolis.

Even if Manning never played another down for the Broncos, I think he's accomplished way too much to call his time in Denver a bust. The team won 13 games and the AFC West in back to back years. They went to the Super Bowl. Manning set the season yardage and touchdown records. He broke the all time passing touchdown mark. That's not a bust.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep Eli's hopefully Peyton's too more clever?

Speaking of Eli, there are a few QBs who actually have a lower QBR than him, Sonny.

Brady and Breesus are two of them.

When Peyton wins that SB with the Broncos, it's going to be mindblowing to see what new hoops the Bradyites want him to jump through to validate himself as the GOAT. The anticipation is already killing me! :L

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team won 13 games and the AFC West in back to back years. They went to the Super Bowl. Manning set the season yardage and touchdown records. He broke the all time passing touchdown mark. That's not a bust.

"Yes it is!!!" - fans of a certain QB who's accomplished none of those things, has none of those records and hasn't won shit in a decade

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't call Manning a bust regardless of what he accomplished. The same way I can't call Dan Marino a bust either.

I will call the signing a bust but thats different. That was an all or nothing move. I agree completely with the move by Denver but you don't spend that much money to come in second. And in all reality most moves like this are bust. Thats not to take anything away from attempt.

But my guess is Tom Brady wins the Super Bowl for Denver last year if he was their starting QB due to his intangibles!

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But my guess is Tom Brady wins the Super Bowl for Denver last year if he was their starting QB due to his intangibles!

tatum_channing_laughing_hysterically-1508.gif

First SportsHoopla LOL of the day! :10:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't call Manning a bust regardless of what he accomplished. The same way I can't call Dan Marino a bust either.

I will call the signing a bust but thats different. That was an all or nothing move. I agree completely with the move by Denver but you don't spend that much money to come in second. And in all reality most moves like this are bust. Thats not to take anything away from attempt.

Not sure if you're serious. Did you watch the AFC Championship Game?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The signing was a success if for nothing else than the fact that it allowed the Broncos to gracefully get out of the Tebow disaster.

:L

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you're serious. Did you watch the AFC Championship Game?

I've asked Pats fans on SportsHoopla that same question AT LEAST a hundred times and apparently Sonny is the only one who has. No one else saw it.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never mind the fact that the last two times they've met in the playoffs, Manning's team has eliminated Brady's team. :whistle:

Oh I did not mind that at all... LOL

Cheddar Rolls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady has been to a lot of SB's. Probably more than both Mannings combined. Not sure why Brady should get dissed for his HOF career.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a legit tip I am not sure you get it both ways though. When we have the tired ass, lame ass, boring ass Brady/Manning debate it is often brought up that Brady " hasnt won anything in a decade", which of course means ONLY that he has not won the SB in a decade ( since he has won everything else ).. SO if you use any of that kind of logic when debating the 2 QB's I would only assume you would consider Mannings time in Denver a "bust" if he doesnt win a Super Bowl. I mean that is the only possible logical conclusion/ I think Manning is the best QB I have ever seen play and the levels that he has lifted a guy like D. Thomas, Eric Decker ( when he was there ) and Julius Thomas etc has really been special. Tough call for me as it pertains to what Denver fans should feel though. Like an earlier poster said Denver didnt sign Manning to break records, they signed him to win Super Bowls.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady has been to a lot of SB's. Probably more than both Mannings combined. Not sure why Brady should get dissed for his HOF career.

I'm not seeing anybody "dissing" Brady. What I am seeing though, is Brady fans going back to their inferiority complex mode because Manning has been getting all the attention lately.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A traditional pastime?