• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Marvin Lewis still has a job....

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"A 15-yard penalty will be called if a runner or a tackler initiates forcible contact by delivering a blow with the top/crown of his helmet against an opponent when both players clearly are outside the tackle box (an area extending from tackle-to-tackle and from 3 yards beyond the line of scrimmage to the offensive team's end line)."

If you read that rule, and still think the Shazier hit wasn't a penalty, I don't know what to tell you. :noidea:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly. Any contact with the crown of the helmet violently is what the rule states.. Does not matter if the target is the helmet.

I hear ya, and that makes sense, but they need more officials on the field to police it or call it to the letter of the rule. There many many times when a ball carrier will lower their head in anticipation of a blow...they could make contact with a defender with the crown as well.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya, and that makes sense, but they need more officials on the field to police it or call it to the letter of the rule. There many many times when a ball carrier will lower their head in anticipation of a blow...they could make contact with a defender with the crown as well.

It is supposed to be called on offensive players also, but I have never seen it called on a RB

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cheap Bengals organization will never fire a coach with years remaining on his deal

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is 100% accurate. Media is just lazy. It's easy to jump on the Burfict is a menace band wagon, instead of actually review the hit and making an opinion based on that one act.

Ok well then can we look at the fact that every time the two teams got into a possible fight it seemed like Burfict was right in the middle of things. How about when you actually watch the video of when he Separated Big Ben's shoulder that after he got him on the ground he got in an extra little hit with his knee to the top of Big Ben's shoulder. How about how his coaches from college told every team that they couldn't control him dropping him from a sure fire 1st round pick to undraftable. I mean the one hit on Brown by itself is nothing as it is just a football play but when you look at the full picture of the guy he is a joke punk kid.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok well then can we look at the fact that every time the two teams got into a possible fight it seemed like Burfict was right in the middle of things. How about when you actually watch the video of when he Separated Big Ben's shoulder that after he got him on the ground he got in an extra little hit with his knee to the top of Big Ben's shoulder. How about how his coaches from college told every team that they couldn't control him dropping him from a sure fire 1st round pick to undraftable. I mean the one hit on Brown by itself is nothing as it is just a football play but when you look at the full picture of the guy he is a joke punk kid.

You are proving my pt. You did not say why dont you look at the hit of Brown that people are criticizing, but look at his other actions. I have already said he is a dirty player. That is not being argued. I just dont think this his was particularly dirty. I dont think it would be a media issue if any other player on the Bengals did it, outside of Burfict.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"A 15-yard penalty will be called if a runner or a tackler initiates forcible contact by delivering a blow with the top/crown of his helmet against an opponent when both players clearly are outside the tackle box (an area extending from tackle-to-tackle and from 3 yards beyond the line of scrimmage to the offensive team's end line)."

If you read that rule, and still think the Shazier hit wasn't a penalty, I don't know what to tell you. :noidea:

I can't believe it's even being argued if that was a penalty or not 2 days later. But I guess nothing should surprise me when it comes to sports and the internet.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe it's even being argued if that was a penalty or not 2 days later. But I guess nothing should surprise me when it comes to sports and the internet.

We gotta have something to talk about while we're working man. :dhd:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We gotta have something to talk about while we're working man. :dhd:

I'm arguing on another board the theory that one play does not determine the outcome. My position is very simple: yes it can. The Vikes make that kick, they win. End of story. You can not say that about any other single play in that game, not one. If they had converted a 4th down on the final drive, well there you have it. But they didn't. The big plays were big but if they did not happen there were other plays to follow. A play in the fist half doesn't come close to qualifying.

Care to agree or disagree?

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm arguing on another board the theory that one play does not determine the outcome. My position is very simple: yes it can. The Vikes make that kick, they win. End of story. You can not say that about any other single play in that game, not one. If they had converted a 4th down on the final drive, well there you have it. But they didn't. The big plays were big but if they did not happen there were other plays to follow. A play in the fist half doesn't come close to qualifying.

Care to agree or disagree?

Oh I definitely agree with the philosophy that it's the entire game and not just one play. The Vikings had plenty of other opportunities. Had Adrian not fumbled the ball, who knows what happens on that drive. If the Vikings make the sack on Russell Wilson and now allow him to get away and make the play he did, then things are very different. Had Sherman not have gotten so close to blocking the other kick, maybe the kicker doesn't try to kick away from him and accidentally miss. Yes in the end, the FG going in like wins the game, but there was still time on the clock. You never know what could happen.

With the Bengals game, the Bengals had countless amounts of missed opportunities and have nobody to blame but themselves. It's just fun to discuss penalties, and it can be a learning experience as we read through the NFL rule book and listen to professional opinions.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I definitely agree with the philosophy that it's the entire game and not just one play. The Vikings had plenty of other opportunities. Had Adrian not fumbled the ball, who knows what happens on that drive. If the Vikings make the sack on Russell Wilson and now allow him to get away and make the play he did, then things are very different. Had Sherman not have gotten so close to blocking the other kick, maybe the kicker doesn't try to kick away from him and accidentally miss. Yes in the end, the FG going in like wins the game, but there was still time on the clock. You never know what could happen.

With the Bengals game, the Bengals had countless amounts of missed opportunities and have nobody to blame but themselves. It's just fun to discuss penalties, and it can be a learning experience as we read through the NFL rule book and listen to professional opinions.

While I get all that again the saying is does one play determine the outcome? Was the game over when Adrian fumbled? Can you say right then and there that this one play determined the winner? Of course not, there was only one play in that game that you can say that about, the kick.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I get all that again the saying is does one play determine the outcome? Was the game over when Adrian fumbled? Can you say right then and there that this one play determined the winner? Of course not, there was only one play in that game that you can say that about, the kick.

There are situations like that where one play means the most. And this is one of them. I think it's an anomaly though, and more often than not, it's a team effort lost by the team. I still think the Vikings' offense could've executed better and found the endzone. And Adrian did take the blame for the loss too. He wasn't himself the entire game.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This ignores so much. Vikes had 56 plays. Had they scored a TD on any of the prior 55 plays, than the FG is meaningless. Had Seattle converted on 3rd down, than the FG does not happen. The 112th play of the game decided it, because the other 111 only produced a 1 pt margin. Change anyone of those 111 plays and it is likely that 112th is meaningless

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes staying:suds:
Speaking Monday, Bengals coach Marvin Lewis confirmed he'll be back for 2016.

Lewis is coming off his seventh playoff loss in as many tries with the Bengals, but owner Mike Brown values continuity. The playoff losses are the headline, but Lewis' team has turned into an annual contender. 2016 will be his 14th season in Cincinnati.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are proving my pt. You did not say why dont you look at the hit of Brown that people are criticizing, but look at his other actions. I have already said he is a dirty player. That is not being argued. I just dont think this his was particularly dirty. I dont think it would be a media issue if any other player on the Bengals did it, outside of Burfict.

The problem is with players like him it is about impossible to tell what his actions really mean. Because of his history every hit that looks shady will be considered shady. I saw him on more than one occasion just in this last game alone where he intentionally tried to injure another player. So that is why for me yeah I do consider his hit to be more on the malicious side of things. I don't think it was the worst thing he did during the game (that would be his extra hit on Big Ben's shoulder on his sack).

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes staying:suds:
Speaking Monday, Bengals coach Marvin Lewis confirmed he'll be back for 2016.

Lewis is coming off his seventh playoff loss in as many tries with the Bengals, but owner Mike Brown values continuity. The playoff losses are the headline, but Lewis' team has turned into an annual contender. 2016 will be his 14th season in Cincinnati.

Good. Hopefully the Dolphins find a way to turn things around and sneak into the wildcard and get a free playoff win from them. :D

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ignores so much. Vikes had 56 plays. Had they scored a TD on any of the prior 55 plays, than the FG is meaningless. Had Seattle converted on 3rd down, than the FG does not happen. The 112th play of the game decided it, because the other 111 only produced a 1 pt margin. Change anyone of those 111 plays and it is likely that 112th is meaningless

Agree. 98 out of 100 times, teams are without excuse. There are a very few times where teams have a legit argument about something absolutely egregious that completely changed the outcome of the game. Something like the OT game where Bettis called tails, but the ref completely ignored him and gave the ball to the other team.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. 98 out of 100 times, teams are without excuse. There are a very few times where teams have a legit argument about something absolutely egregious that completely changed the outcome of the game. Something like the OT game where Bettis called tails, but the ref completely ignored him and gave the ball to the other team.

You still have the right to complain, especially if it is about a bad call. Lets not get silly, this is the internet

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still have the right to complain, especially if it is about a bad call. Lets not get silly, this is the internet

Of course. That's what we do all week long leading up to the next games. Or else we would be bored.