• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Marvin Lewis still has a job....

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Marvin should have been fired a couple seasons ago. However, Hue Jackson isn't the answer.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league office sure felt like it was intentional, 100 large was the feeling.

It looked to me like he knew what he was doing. 1 he was facing away from the play which is odd, and 2 he was watching the play on the big screen and somehow knew exactly when to jump out of the way, while his back was turned.
you see it your way I see it mine ... last night was 2 teams that despise each other that tried to play a football game its a total grudge match and being a playoff game just multiplied it by 10

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you see it your way I see it mine ... last night was 2 teams that despise each other that tried to play a football game its a total grudge match and being a playoff game just multiplied it by 10

I don't think we were disagreeing with lastnights game, only about Tomlin's action in a previous game.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think marvin gets another year .. an injured QB at the end of the season isnt his fault and he did get you to the playoffs

It's like Groundhog Day with that team.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't remember who it was but I remember a Jets coach stuck his foot out trying to trip somebody. If I remember right he was fired the next day. I doubt with how big of a name Munchak is that he gets fired but I do agree some kind of disciplinary action needs to be taken against him. Coaches to me should be held to a much higher standard than players and the penalties for their actions should show that. I would say Joey Porter probably should get a very stern warning that he better not be caught lipping off again on the field to the opposing team or he is gone too. While I do think Pacman deserved the penalty the fact that a coach was the one antagonizing the situation was not right.

Obviously Porter shouldn't have been in the middle of that, exciting an already out of control situation. But Pacman (no, your not fucking Adam today!) thought it would be a good idea to go after Porter physically THROUGH the ref. That's drooling level brain damage. No defense for that.

I'm going to defend Burfict though. I do believe that Burfict is dirty. He's the guy that jumps on the pile and grabs nuts if he's under it. I think his intention was to just bump Brown. Give him a little "late" shot. Something to think about when you come over the middle. Brown's head kind of got in the way. He deserved the flag but I don't believe that he was head hunting.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Im just happy this mornin .. and I have to work in this below zero weather today

I friggen hate sub zero weather. Not sure if you so my post somewhere on the boards yesterday, but I used to live in MN and worked in sub zero regularly, hence I live in NC now.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I friggen hate sub zero weather. Not sure if you so my post somewhere on the boards yesterday, but I used to live in MN and worked in sub zero regularly, hence I live in NC now.
i lived in goldsboro for 6years in the 1980's.. and yea the older I get the harder it gets

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Porter shouldn't have been in the middle of that, exciting an already out of control situation. But Pacman (no, your not fucking Adam today!) thought it would be a good idea to go after Porter physically THROUGH the ref. That's drooling level brain damage. No defense for that.

I'm going to defend Burfict though. I do believe that Burfict is dirty. He's the guy that jumps on the pile and grabs nuts if he's under it. I think his intention was to just bump Brown. Give him a little "late" shot. Something to think about when you come over the middle. Brown's head kind of got in the way. He deserved the flag but I don't believe that he was head hunting.

I am not even sure it was a penalty. Seemed to me more like the Refs called a penalty based on the results of the hit and not the hit itself

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i lived in goldsboro for 6years in the 1980's.. and yea the older I get the harder it gets

I left NC in 2005 and moved back April last year. In that short 9 year span, Raleigh doubled it's population, and is still booming.

The house across the street on our cul de sac is for sale, and right next door to two Steeler fans, come on down.

Heading out to do errands. Good luck with chores out in the cold. :suds:

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not even sure it was a penalty. Seemed to me more like the Refs called a penalty based on the results of the hit and not the hit itself

Yea he blasted him in his head. It was clearly a penalty. Just not as intentional as people are making it out to be.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with this because I know Burfict is a fairly dirty player.

If he was really going out to get a late hit in, he would have done it and it would have been bad. The way he ducked his head, pulled in his arm and only led with the shoulder make me think he was just trying ot make a play, and poor timing led to hitting Brown's head.

On another not, fuck Jim Nantz for going off on Burfict, saying he's out there headhunting when the dude led with his shoulder on a guy running across the middle, but Shazier can launch with the crown of his helmet and knock a player out and its 'an unfortunate, but legal tackle'

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I left NC in 2005 and moved back April last year. In that short 9 year span, Raleigh doubled it's population, and is still booming.

The house across the street on our cul de sac is for sale, and right next door to two Steeler fans, come on down.

Heading out to do errands. Good luck with chores out in the cold. :suds:
ill survive it just sucks

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5691bcc31a00003f00594314.png

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this because I know Burfict is a fairly dirty player.

If he was really going out to get a late hit in, he would have done it and it would have been bad. The way he ducked his head, pulled in his arm and only led with the shoulder make me think he was just trying ot make a play, and poor timing led to hitting Brown's head.

On another not, fuck Jim Nantz for going off on Burfict, saying he's out there headhunting when the dude led with his shoulder on a guy running across the middle, but Shazier can launch with the crown of his helmet and knock a player out and its 'an unfortunate, but legal tackle'

Let's be real here though, Burfict had no business hitting Brown at all. He had plenty of time to pull up, to adjust his route. If Burfict had hit Brown in his chest with that shoulder I still may have called it a late hit and threw the flag. Yea had he just bumped Brown's shoulder it would have just been overlooked but it was really, REALLY stupid for him not to pull up altogether.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't able to watch the game, but so glad that the Bengals lost to a dirty hit by Burfict. He's been a cheap shot artist his entire career so his actions costing the team the game was a perfect end.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea he blasted him in his head. It was clearly a penalty. Just not as intentional as people are making it out to be.

Hitting a player in the helmet isn't necessarily a penalty. It's unfortunate, but sometimes it happens. It was a weak attempt at a hit by Burfict that unfortunately landed at the worst possible spot