• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Marvin Lewis still has a job....

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they took him aside a few times in this one when he got close to getting a penalty so my guess is they were telling him to cool down. Yes I do think the coaches do sometimes tell players to do a little extra in the hopes of getting under the other team's skin but a huge head shot at the most critical time of the game probably isn't what they had in mind.

Munchak should have been ejected when he pulled the hair. The NFL has to suspend him for multiple games and they need to make a rule that if someone on the staff gets involved with a player like that then it's an automatic ejection. That set a REALLY bad tone for the game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Munchak should have been ejected when he pulled the hair. The NFL has to suspend him for multiple games and they need to make a rule that if someone on the staff gets involved with a player like that then it's an automatic ejection. That set a REALLY bad tone for the game.

Can't remember who it was but I remember a Jets coach stuck his foot out trying to trip somebody. If I remember right he was fired the next day. I doubt with how big of a name Munchak is that he gets fired but I do agree some kind of disciplinary action needs to be taken against him. Coaches to me should be held to a much higher standard than players and the penalties for their actions should show that. I would say Joey Porter probably should get a very stern warning that he better not be caught lipping off again on the field to the opposing team or he is gone too. While I do think Pacman deserved the penalty the fact that a coach was the one antagonizing the situation was not right.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't blame Lewis, there is so much pressure to win, i'd be willing to bet Lewis and just about any other coach would love to get rid of players like Burfict and Jones but if you don't win you'll be looking for a job... It's hard to know when the meltdowns will happen...

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does have the power. He can take their asses off the field.

He did that with Burfict, he sat him to cool his jets during the game... however, the two brother's Marvin reports to, are the ones responsible for putting the end product on the field.

Lewis is the zookeeper, the Browns are the wardens.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't blame Lewis, there is so much pressure to win, i'd be willing to bet Lewis and just about any other coach would love to get rid of players like Burfict and Jones but if you don't win you'll be looking for a job... It's hard to know when the meltdowns will happen...

I just feel like you should be able to coach people out of it. That's just my opinion.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Every team has those guys with character issues. The only thing here is that Burfict is known as maybe one of the top guys in the entire league that can't control himself. I know his talent is impressive and hard to take that off the field but when he was showing throughout the game that he was emotionally unstable I guess for me as a coach I would probably be taking him out in those critical moments like that.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just feel like you should be able to coach people out of it. That's just my opinion.

Jerry Jones thinks that way too - and he couldn't control Pacman.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't coach stupid.

If Belichick somehow had players like Jones and Burfict, they wouldn't be on the team for long. Lewis doesn't have that kind of power, he has to play with the hand he's dealt. Look no further than the Browns (Mike & Pete).

Meanwhile, Paul spins in his grave.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said in the other thread if Hill doesn't fumble with the game on the line none of the other shit happens. I don't disagree with you though.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he wanted to win and get the monkey off his back as they say but it was clear that Burfict was out of control in the 1st qtr and why the refs didn't eject him for jumping in their faces and the continual fighting and tormenting is beyond me but Marvin as the HC should have benched him when they saw no one could get him under control.....
He should be aware enough to know that guy was gonna hurt them with his actions....
And bottom line is, 0-7 in post....He has to be replaced, inevitable IMO....

If Jeremy Hill doesn't cough the ball up, Burfict is a Bengal hero for his pick that seals the game.

Firing him for being 0-7 is a reasonable argument. Firing him for Burfict being an idiot is entirely another.

I never really got a good look at what Pacman did.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals deserve everything they get. This is just...Total...Complete...Embarrassment. The same can be said for Mike Tomlin, but he's had playoff success so he will keep his job.
......blame the owner,....he just cares about keeping ''fannie$-in-$eats'',....nuthin' more.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't remember who it was but I remember a Jets coach stuck his foot out trying to trip somebody. If I remember right he was fired the next day. I doubt with how big of a name Munchak is that he gets fired but I do agree some kind of disciplinary action needs to be taken against him. Coaches to me should be held to a much higher standard than players and the penalties for their actions should show that. I would say Joey Porter probably should get a very stern warning that he better not be caught lipping off again on the field to the opposing team or he is gone too. While I do think Pacman deserved the penalty the fact that a coach was the one antagonizing the situation was not right.

Sal Alosi was the coach.

And lets not forget this one coach that tried to effect the outcome of a game.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Tomlin has more questions to answer. Burfict play was an act of football. One that I don't think gets near the attention if it is a different player. I have a bigger issue with a HC that allows his coaches to cross the line. Steeler's had a PI for a coach putting his hands on an opposing player and a defensive coach goes on the field to go yell at the Cincy defense. It's 1 thing for players to get caught up in a game, but it's another when it's a coaching staff

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he wanted to win and get the monkey off his back as they say but it was clear that Burfict was out of control in the 1st qtr and why the refs didn't eject him for jumping in their faces and the continual fighting and tormenting is beyond me but Marvin as the HC should have benched him when they saw no one could get him under control.....
He should be aware enough to know that guy was gonna hurt them with his actions....
And bottom line is, 0-7 in post....He has to be replaced, inevitable IMO....

While I agree this is probably it for Marvin I don't think that's entirely fair. He is not the guy acquiring all these questionable characters. If he had done as you suggest and benched Burfict they don't get the sack that hurt Ben and don't get the great pick that should have won the game. Sometimes players like that are impossible to control, it's not like he told the idiot to go head hunting on an obvious incompletion. Should he have benched Pac Man, his best corner this year, because he should have anticipated him going after Porter and giving the refs a reason to throw the flag because he knew of Jones past?

Jeremy Hill got a huge break, if not for those penalties he was Ernest Byner 2.0. Now all people will remember are the 2 penalties.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well it was never proven that he did it on purpose.. ill agree to disagree .. you see it your way I see it mine

The league office sure felt like it was intentional, 100 large was the feeling.

It looked to me like he knew what he was doing. 1 he was facing away from the play which is odd, and 2 he was watching the play on the big screen and somehow knew exactly when to jump out of the way, while his back was turned.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PacMan has a history, but that was all almost 10 years ago. He's kept his nose clean for a long time now, and has been playing at a Pro Bowl level. Shoving a coach who had no business getting in his face to begin with, especially after a coach on that same team had already taken a cheap shot at another one of our players isn't a big deal to me.

Burfict is completely out of control.