• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Bridgewater is there @ 14, do you take him?

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
extra draft picks are good.

the problem with Long at # 20 is that interior linemen simply aren't worth that high of a value by and large. I mean, the Lions got a very solid interior lineman last year as well in Larry Warford, looks like a good long term solution....in the third round! Even Logan Mankins, arguably the best interior lineman drafted in the last decade. He was drafted at # 32, and even with the clear hindsight of how that draft worked out he'd still probably be a high teens pick in a re-draft. And that's Logan Mankins.

I like Long so far, no kidding. But to the people who really think Emery would have been taking that much of a gamble in trading down a few spots with ATL (who traded up with whoever was right behind us and gave us a third) in the fear he would have been taken before we came up again, I've just never been convinced.

Probably and its good we got him. I would not mind seeing us trade down especially if we can get an extra 2nd rounder plus a third

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the problem with Long at # 20 is that interior linemen simply aren't worth that high of a value by and large. I mean, the Lions got a very solid interior lineman last year as well in Larry Warford, looks like a good long term solution....in the third round! Even Logan Mankins, arguably the best interior lineman drafted in the last decade. He was drafted at # 32, and even with the clear hindsight of how that draft worked out he'd still probably be a high teens pick in a re-draft. And that's Logan Mankins.

I like Long so far, no kidding. But to the people who really think Emery would have been taking that much of a gamble in trading down a few spots with ATL (who traded up with whoever was right behind up and gave us a third) in the fear he would have been taken before we came up again, I've just never been convinced.

I think your value picks are thing of the past. FA seems to have changed that.
Seems teams are drafting need the last few yrs. Even Pitt, who you used depend on to take the BPA.
Just think what ever you can't fix in FA, teams are doing in the draft. Be it TE, G, C , just don't matter any more. A need is a need . If a guy is there to fill that need, teams have been taking them.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at 14 i see we need either a LB DT, a RB, WR or safety.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the thing is we could use a wr. alot in this draft or lb or DT.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I think your value picks are thing of the past. FA seems to have changed that.
Seems teams are drafting need the last few yrs. Even Pitt, who you used depend on to take the BPA.
Just think what ever you can't fix in FA, teams are doing in the draft. Be it TE, G, C , just don't matter any more. A need is a need . If a guy is there to fill that need, teams have been taking them.

Why do you think this? Pittsburgh didn't stop drafting BPA. Which Pittsburgh picks do you not think were BPA-type picks? I think you are extrapolating what the Bears and some other teams are doing across the entire league, and that simply isn't the case. If Houston picks Clowney, and they might, that's a textbook BPA pick if ever there was one. Houston is a team full of weaknesses, of which defensive line is decidedly not among them, but if they take Clowney, will many be surprised?

I think there are teams that get into situations where because their roster is so thin they start trying to use the draft as supplemental free agency (see for example Cleveland), but they are the worst franchises in the league. Why on Earth we would want to emulate that is a mystery to me. Obviously all teams temper the BPA philosophy somewhat based on need, but the degree to which they do that varies a lot. In last year's draft, of the top ten picks, I'd argue only New York, St Louis, and Cleveland made the mistake of drafting a guy to fill a need over another better player (at least one that seemed pretty widely regarded as such) at another position. Time will tell how that worked out for them, but the pattern is certainly clear.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think this? Pittsburgh didn't stop drafting BPA. Which Pittsburgh picks do you not think were BPA-type picks? I think you are extrapolating what the Bears and some other teams are doing across the entire league, and that simply isn't the case. If Houston picks Clowney, and they might, that's a textbook BPA pick if ever there was one. Houston is a team full of weaknesses, of which defensive line is decidedly not among them, but if they take Clowney, will many be surprised?

I think there are teams that get into situations where because their roster is so thin they start trying to use the draft as supplemental free agency (see for example Cleveland), but they are the worst franchises in the league. Why on Earth we would want to emulate that is a mystery to me. Obviously all teams temper the BPA philosophy somewhat based on need, but the degree to which they do that varies a lot. In last year's draft, of the top ten picks, I'd argue only New York, St Louis, and Cleveland made the mistake of drafting a guy to fill a need over another better player (at least one that seemed pretty widely regarded as such) at another position. Time will tell how that worked out for them, but the pattern is certainly clear.

:suds:You're right Cali. Simply because my mind doesn't recall the past drafts. And really don't feel like looking them up. Again :suds:

C

cubzzzfanincali

haha, well, soon you will have a new one to forget. Starting to get pretty excited for it.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are just at the points where these three months of mock drafts are getting to the point of breaking some news of some littler known or steal picks. I just still want no tweeners, draft a cb to play cb and a safety to play safety. Hopefully you find a good cornerback that will accept making a move to safety when the years start catching up with him.

I think the most interesting thing happening right now is detroit dangling suh out there, supposedly for two first rounders. I heard between the qb, megatron and suh is already 40% of the payroll, and suh wants more and is not showing up for workouts. You gotta wonder if caldwells discipline might backfire on a guy like suh.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol.....not in your life

we are just at the points where these three months of mock drafts are getting to the point of breaking some news of some littler known or steal picks. I just still want no tweeners, draft a cb to play cb and a safety to play safety. Hopefully you find a good cornerback that will accept making a move to safety when the years start catching up with him.

I think the most interesting thing happening right now is detroit dangling suh out there, supposedly for two first rounders. I heard between the qb, megatron and suh is already 40% of the payroll, and suh wants more and is not showing up for workouts. You gotta wonder if caldwells discipline might backfire on a guy like suh.

I dont see any teams giving 2 first rd picks for Suh. The draft picks are worth more now because of the rookie cap

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would give a 1st for Suh. Not a chance in hell I'd give two firsts. The only player that warrants that kind of compensation is a franchise QB, IMO.

I don't think they'll get two firsts. I'd be very surprised. Maybe a 1st and 3rd, but even that is a big reach. IMO

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give a 1st for Suh. Not a chance in hell I'd give two firsts. The only player that warrants that kind of compensation is a franchise QB, IMO.

I don't think they'll get two firsts. I'd be very surprised. Maybe a 1st and 3rd, but even that is a big reach. IMO

Just think we couldn't afford him.
Hell I really don't like the jerk. All I'd give for him is a 6th, and a minimum contract.
Just to see if he can clean his act up. Why do you think their shopping him?
I just think the new coaching staff sees him as a cancer. Some team may give up 1rst for him . But It'll be 1 of the dumber GMs.
Just to add it would be nice to see him out of the div.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think we couldn't afford him.
Hell I really don't like the jerk. All I'd give for him is a 6th, and a minimum contract.
Just to see if he can clean his act up. Why do you think their shopping him?
I just think the new coaching staff sees him as a cancer. Some team may give up 1rst for him . But It'll be 1 of the dumber GMs.
Just to add it would be nice to see him out of the div.

Oh, no. We have zero chance at affording him, and even if we could. It would all but end our hopes of locking up Marshall and Jeffery next off-season.

I wasn't speaking from a Bears stand-point. I was just thinking as a neutral GM who may have interest.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, no. We have zero chance at affording him, and even if we could. It would all but end our hopes of locking up Marshall and Jeffery next off-season.

I wasn't speaking from a Bears stand-point. I was just thinking as a neutral GM who may have interest.

Just think the league has seen him as a cancer also. JMO, I don't see Det. getting a 1rst rnder for him.
If their that desperate to get rid of him . That brings ?s in GMs minds. They wait till the price goes down. Then they pounce. If he is traded . I think it'll be for a 2nd or 3rd rd pick.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think the league has seen him as a cancer also. JMO, I don't see Det. getting a 1rst rnder for him.
If their that desperate to get rid of him . That brings ?s in GMs minds. They wait till the price goes down. Then they pounce. If he is traded . I think it'll be for a 2nd or 3rd rd pick.

Meh… I think the question marks brings him down from a two first round asking price to just a first round pick. No chance they unload him for anything less. He's too talented.

Hell. The Lions got a first and a third for Roy Freaking Williams, after shopping him all season.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh… I think the question marks brings him down from a two first round asking price to just a first round pick. No chance they unload him for anything less. He's too talented.

Hell. The Lions got a first and a third for Roy Freaking Williams, after shopping him all season.

JMO. They don't trade trade him . Because the asking is too high for another GM to take a gamble.
I admit he's an incredible talent. But he has baggage. And other GMs notice that baggage. If I were a GM ( and I'm not ). I wouldn't want this guy on my team.
As a fan I'd love to see him playing for the Bears , at minimum deal. But that won't happen either.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JMO. They don't trade trade him . Because the asking is too high for another GM to take a gamble.
I admit he's an incredible talent. But he has baggage. And other GMs notice that baggage. If I were a GM ( and I'm not ). I wouldn't want this guy on my team.
As a fan I'd love to see him playing for the Bears , at minimum deal. But that won't happen either.

The other side of it is the DT in football does not normally have a long career. One can argue that Suh's future is all down hill from here.