• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Bridgewater is there @ 14, do you take him?

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where the fuck do you live Hawaii? Its 12:20 here, and i aint got but 30 minutes or so left.

I'm a night owl. Get up late, sleep late. Always been. Always took nite jobs because they pay better.
Do my best work about 4 am . Too bad you'll miss it:lol:

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a night owl. Get up late, sleep late. Always been. Always took nite jobs because they pay better.
Do my best work about 4 am . Too bad you'll miss it:lol:

I'll see it tomorrow, tell rich to suck a bag of salty fish sticks for me.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll see it tomorrow, tell rich to suck a bag of salty fish sticks for me.

Tell him yourself. I'm nobodies slave.
But I might pass the message on if the opportunity exists.
Doubt I'll remember it.:noidea:

C

cubzzzfanincali

JMO, I think Donald , Jernigan & Nix ( if healthy ) all start day 1, I'd throw Hageman in there as well (If he takes the job professionally ). Gilbert, & Mich. St kid ( i keep fogetting his name ), will also be day 1 starters. Don't know where you get your info from. But I'd find a new source.
We need SAFETIES.

No way any CB starts day one under any circumstance short of Tillman or Jennings being hurt before the season starts. I don't need a new source to point out the obvious. It's not even likely they would start off the season at slot CB. CB is a tough position to learn, and we should look at it as a good thing that if we draft a CB now they will have time to learn how to play the position before being thrown out there and destroying their confidence. Remember Nate Vasher?

And it is highly unlikely that any DT starts day one either. They would, of course, be thrown into the rotation at DT.

Kyle Long started right away last year because there were no other options on the roster at guard, and Jeffery started the year before right away because the same was true of WR. That's not the case for the defensive positions, with the possible exception of free safety and strongside linebacker (neither of which are worth the 14th pick). Shea didn't start right away. Nor did Paea. MOST D linemen don't start right away the year they were drafted, and many don't start for a couple of years.

We are drafting for the future, not 2014. Why fans forget this every single year mystifies me.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe we are drafting for the future and also for 2014. It would not hurt this team if the number pick would be a starter from the get go regardless of need or anything else. Im sure there are positions that will not be in line for competition because of the person playing but the LBer position is up for grabs except for Briggs im assuming. DE is probably set but not DT.NOT EVEN CLOSE. I can see Donald being a day 1 starter on this team replacing Collins or Paea (?). The O-line looks set as do the Wr and Te. Depth is always a concern as usual and like Cali says we do need to add for future years

C

cubzzzfanincali

I believe we are drafting for the future and also for 2014. It would not hurt this team if the number pick would be a starter from the get go regardless of need or anything else. Im sure there are positions that will not be in line for competition because of the person playing but the LBer position is up for grabs except for Briggs im assuming. DE is probably set but not DT.NOT EVEN CLOSE. I can see Donald being a day 1 starter on this team replacing Collins or Paea (?). The O-line looks set as do the Wr and Te. Depth is always a concern as usual and like Cali says we do need to add for future years

I would be really happy if they got Donald or even other DTs, so in no way is this a "don't draft DT" statement, but I seriously doubt whoever we draft starts week 1. The Bears have plenty of tweener DT/DEs who can play the 3-tech, and Houston is the perfect 3-tech on this roster already. Yes I know he is listed as a DE. But Oakland used him a lot at DT.

What we don't have at DT is: 1) true beefcake (and DONALD IS NOT A NT), 2) proven youth. The short end of the DT rotation stick is going to come up if Ratliff gets hurt and Paea has to play essentially ALL of the NT. That's the Achilles' heel. But if we draft a NT, it's perfectly fine - and in fact desirable - to bring the kid along but give Ratliff (and to a lesser extent Paea) most of the snaps. Then in 1-2 years when we are ready to move on from either or both of those guys, we've got someone in place on the inside.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the board is slow right now, just thought I'd throw something out for conversation.
Heard his draft stock dropped significantly after his pro day performance.
But I think he's the best, most pro ready QB coming out.
I doubt pro personnel feel like most of the guys who put out mock drafts.
Game tape shows more than combine & workouts do, in my mind.
I'd take him in a heart beat. Just think his trade value would be enormous , even while the current draft is going on.
I watched at least 3 of his games this yr. And I saw a guy w/good pocket presence, accurate w/his throws, a good decision maker, and a good leader.
No doubt the pros saw the same thing.
I doubt he falls to 14. But if he does, what are your thoughts?

:lame:
Hey 63... How's this working out for you? Ready to change your stance yet?
28 Carolina-
29 Patriots
30 49ers
31 Broncos
32 Seahawks

Do you see any of those guys needing a first round QB? give you a hint...(nope) To me it looks like Teddy Ballgame isn't even going in the first round! Teddy will probably be a solid player- I'm just calling out the stupidity of some posters in the dark days leading up to the draft. :yahoo:

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh... look at that- Someone traded back into the first round to pick up Teddy Ballgame. AND its' the VIQueens!! So Teddy will be handing off AP and throwing picks to Kyle Fuller! I like it- good pick for the Bears!

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
28 Carolina-
29 Patriots
30 49ers
31 Broncos
32 Seahawks

Do you see any of those guys needing a first round QB? give you a hint...(nope) To me it looks like Teddy Ballgame isn't even going in the first round! Teddy will probably be a solid player- I'm just calling out the stupidity of some posters in the dark days leading up to the draft. :yahoo:

Minnesota @ 32. They even traded up for him.
Sorry for trying to create some conversation on this board.
I still think Teddy is the best QB in this draft . Just from what I have seen from games I have watched. Didn't see too much of Bortles, maybe 2 games.
Back when Brady was available I was calling for my Bears to take him in rd 2 and every rd there after.
He turned out pretty good.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i woulda took Johnny first. we passed on both.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way any CB starts day one under any circumstance short of Tillman or Jennings being hurt before the season starts. I don't need a new source to point out the obvious. It's not even likely they would start off the season at slot CB. CB is a tough position to learn, and we should look at it as a good thing that if we draft a CB now they will have time to learn how to play the position before being thrown out there and destroying their confidence. Remember Nate Vasher?

And it is highly unlikely that any DT starts day one either. They would, of course, be thrown into the rotation at DT.

Kyle Long started right away last year because there were no other options on the roster at guard, and Jeffery started the year before right away because the same was true of WR. That's not the case for the defensive positions, with the possible exception of free safety and strongside linebacker (neither of which are worth the 14th pick). Shea didn't start right away. Nor did Paea. MOST D linemen don't start right away the year they were drafted, and many don't start for a couple of years.

We are drafting for the future, not 2014. Why fans forget this every single year mystifies me.

Fuller will be our starting nickle . And ESPN says we play nickle D close 60% of the time.
I'd consider that a starter.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
28 Carolina-
29 Patriots
30 49ers
31 Broncos
32 Seahawks

Just to add 23 teams passed on Rodgers, 32 passed on Brady 5Xs. Only time will tell.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vasher was like a 4th round pick. not really comparable.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to add 23 teams passed on Rodgers, 32 passed on Brady 5Xs. Only time will tell.

true but again apples and oranges. if we wanted to be in that category we would have drafted a QB.:lame:

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
28 Carolina-
29 Patriots
30 49ers
31 Broncos
32 Seahawks

Stupid I am not. I created 1 of the most viewed posts on this board. And 1 of the most responded to.
Just like to talk football regardless.
I was a Donald guy from day 1. Fuckin STL.
Just thought Teddy would be good topic. And it was.
Just wish some one like yourself could have brought some better topics to the board.:suds:

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid I am not. I created 1 of the most viewed posts on this board. And 1 of the most responded to.
Just wish some one like yourself could have brought some better topics to the board.:suds:

There was so much movement, if the bears wanted Donald it would have cost their third or fourth rounder. My guess, they were pretty even between the three or four and one will fall.

It was an entertaining first round. Didnt know when teams are advised of the pick because they were on the clock for 4 minutes before the pick was announced. Seemed rushed when they were hot pressing those jerseys.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if I write a post of how we should all paint our faces Green, call ourselves The Overloards of Planet OZOON. And that we should all worship at the alter of Halas and Ditka. I bet I could get some views too. (Add in some political stuff and I'm sure We could get the views up- "Halas Hall wants to rid all of Illinois of guns....!")
Great- Me too. But it was in the lines of "we should trade for Tom Brady!"
No it wasn't. It was a stupid idea that shouldn't have even been considered.
Ha... just F-ing with you man... The topic originated that "IF he's there do you take him?"

After they just signed their QB to a multi-year, multi million dollar contract- AND when the team needs MAJOR help at just about every defensive position! SURE great idea!! And when it's now been proven that he was borderline first round talent. It just came off as very MEATBALL... And I don't like meatball fans. Thanks for playing!:yahoo:

C

cubzzzfanincali

And when it's now been proven that he was borderline first round talent.

Nothing has been "proven". I'm not saying he's the next Tom Brady, but Brady obviously was first round talent in spite of where he was drafted.

We won't know what has been proven for at least 3 years.