• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Brady makes the sb and loses

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those SF teams were so overloaded with talent that it was disgusting. Bill Walsh could have had Ryan Leaf at QB and won, I think.

Ryan Leaf! :eek:

I don't know if I'd go that far :pound:

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Montana play. Lived in the Bay Area at the time. Walsh coached a very good team and Montana was definitely part of that greatness. Lots of fans / teams have had very good QB's but did not accomplish as much.
Montana got it done.....

I'm not disrespecting Montana at all. He's the 2nd most accomplished QB of all-time.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never got to see Montana play. Tom Brady is the best QB I have watched play, as much as it pains me to admit it. Manning is the best regular season QB of all time IMO, but greatness is measured by playoff success.

Favre is probably my favorite NFL QB that I watched play.

Never saw Montana play? You must be young. He had a way of winning games. That got him the name Joe Cool.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course Montana is the GOAT. He'd have about ten rings with the talent Brady has had surrounding him. The fact that Brady needed to be bailed out by his kickers and defense to even win one should be endlessly shameful to him.

How can Brady lose a game but his team win? Football games are always won or lost by the team. A Right Guard having a bad day can make a Quarterback, Running Back, Right Tackle or Center look bad. Players don't win games ... teams do.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Leaf! :eek:

I don't know if I'd go that far :pound:

You are right. But those 49ers teams basically started an entire Pro Bowl roster. And they were running an innovative "new" offense with a HOF coach. It was a perfect storm.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never saw Montana play? You must be young. He had a way of winning games. That got him the name Joe Cool.

He was clutch, no doubt about it.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right. But those 49ers teams basically started an entire Pro Bowl roster. And they were running an innovative "new" offense with a HOF coach. It was a perfect storm.

They were good for sure, I just got a chuckle out of the Ryan Leaf comment. Isn't he in jail now?

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No QB in this era belongs in that conversation to begin with. Arena league football these days. Manning, Brady have nothing on Montana. Peace.

As a long time Niner fan,I disagree

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times

I think There are some pertinent stats, but in general volume stats are a ridiculous measure when comparing different eras. How many times per game does Brady or Bree's throw the ball and how many times per game did the guys in the 70's throw the ball? Here's a good way to look at it. 16th most passing yards all time is Joe Montana. 15th is Kerry Collins...

So what is acceptable proof that Brady has in fact surpassed Montana? Beyond his stats, he has also lead his team to 10 AFCCGs in 14 years as the teams starter, and throw in should they win tomorrow 7 SBs in 14 years as the teams starter. That is pretty friggen amazing when you stop to think about it, and I think qualifies him for GOAT.

I have yet to get someone that doesn't think he is the GOAT to provide what the threshold is. Maybe you'll be the first.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is acceptable proof that Brady has in fact surpassed Montana? Beyond his stats, he has also lead his team to 10 AFCCGs in 14 years as the teams starter, and throw in should they win tomorrow 7 SBs in 14 years as the teams starter. That is pretty friggen amazing when you stop to think about it, and I think qualifies him for GOAT.

I have yet to get someone that doesn't think he is the GOAT to provide what the threshold is. Maybe you'll be the first.

Brady surpassed Montana a while ago in terms of career numbers. They are equal in SB titles, and Brady crushes him in everything else. But they are still 1 & 2 all-time.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is Ogre the left hand, or the right hand?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady surpassed Montana a while ago in terms of career numbers. They are equal in SB titles, and Brady crushes him in everything else. But they are still 1 & 2 all-time.

I agree, but no matter what he does, it's never enough it seems like.

So I just want those that don't think he is the GOAT to show me where the line is. They won't do it, I suspect because deep inside they know he's already there.