• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Brady makes the sb and loses

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It means clean your own yard, before complaining about anothers yard. He want's to discredit Brady for "more probable than not" "being generally aware" of something someone else did, while rolling around in a big Ben onesie, a man that has multiple credible sexual assault allegations in his past. A bit hypocritical.

And he's generally just a douche who rarely puts together an original thought.
Bit what Brady is to believed to have been involved with had direct outcomes on the field of play, off the field BS doesnt.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marino isn't even in the same solar system.

Either way, what would Brady have to do to change that opinion?

Sorry talent wise Brady can't touch Marino's jock. I guess you are right Marino is so much better their in different solar systems.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bit what Brady is to believed to have been involved with had direct outcomes on the field of play, off the field BS doesnt.

And it's debunked.

By the way, guess what the local news gave as a PSA for the weather we are having this week.

"Make sure you check the pressure in your tires, because they go flat in cold weather"

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry talent wise Brady can't touch Marino's jock. I guess you are right Marino is so much better their in different solar systems.

Marino is def. one of the best, but he failed to get it done, even once. Sure there are QBs who have gotten it done wiht less talent, but highly talented players see to it that it happens. Even Peyton.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter if he loses... He's already left his mark... Just getting back to the Super-Bowl would be what, the 7th time he's been there.... Also consider the salary cap rules that make it harder than ever to keep your team together.... Back in the day you didn't lose star players all the time... Yeah I know the rules favor offenses more than ever, BUT still, Brady's greatness cannot be denied, he always gives the Pats a chance...

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it's debunked.

By the way, guess what the local news gave as a PSA for the weather we are having this week.

"Make sure you check the pressure in your tires, because they go flat in cold weather"
It's debunked in Patriot minds. If Roger didn't over punish the judge wouldn't have overturned it. The world outside of Patriot homers knows this.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That of course, means little to my argument. Carry on as you wish.

OK. If Montana was clearly a better postseason performer(as you stated), what are you basing that on?

Brady: 22-8, 63.1 Comp%, 55TD's, 26INT, 254.9Y/G, 10 Conf Championship Games, 6 Super Bowls, 4 Championships
Montana: 16-7, 62.7 Comp% , 45TD's, 21INT, 251Y/G, 7 Conf Championship Games, 4 Super Bowls, 4 Championships

Who's "clearly" better than who?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I even have to stop myself when talking about SB wins. One has to remember that the QB does not win the game all by himself and while he can be a part of the win, he never plays defense. I've seen every Super Bowl and I've seen defenses blow the game more often than not.

In the two losses the Patriots had to the Giants, Tom Brady had nothing to do with the "helmet catch or the tippy toe catch" that literally gave the Giants the win. Brady didn't play bad in either game but idiots say that "Brady" is 4-2 in 6 Super Bowls as if he was the only player on the field.

In my opinion, speaking the words Super Bowl and Dan Marino in the same sentence is pure stupidity. Marino was an excellent quarterback during the no cap, no free agency era. He had several of the all time great wide receivers and a few of the best running backs. None the less he does not have a Super Bowl ring and therefore should not be compared as a measuring stick to any quarterback who earned a Super Bowl ring.

Finally...............TEAMS win or lose Super Bowls, not individuals.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It's debunked in Patriot minds. If Roger didn't over punish the judge wouldn't have overturned it. The world outside of Patriot homers knows this.

It didn't have anything to do with the severity of the punishment; the judge was a liberal who overstepped his authority to side against a corporation. It's that simple. He arbitrarily re-wrote the CBA.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can have a different opinion on who's the greatest, I have Montana and Marino higher, you don't doesn't mean either of us are right.

Marino is the wrong answer. You have to win titles at some point to be an "all-time great". By definition, that's how it works. M

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Brady wins the SB and finishes his career 5-2 in the SB he's the best of all time. If he gets to the SB and loses and ends his carer 4-3 he's behind Montana. Simple as that.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. If Montana was clearly a better postseason performer(as you stated), what are you basing that on?

Brady: 22-8, 63.1 Comp%, 55TD's, 26INT, 254.9Y/G, 10 Conf Championship Games, 6 Super Bowls, 4 Championships
Montana: 16-7, 62.7 Comp% , 45TD's, 21INT, 251Y/G, 7 Conf Championship Games, 4 Super Bowls, 4 Championships

Who's "clearly" better than who?

Who, on a per game basis, was more efficient? And did so in a much more difficult era when concerning passing the football? QB ratings by themselves at face value are not a good indication...but when someone is clearly superior in that department, during an era when it's much tougher to pass the football, there is no getting around that.

I don't care about championship game appearances or Super Bowl appearances. I care about how a player performs....and it's simply easier for the QB in today's game to enjoy 'team' success than it was in Montana's era. It's more QB-centric today given the rules/salary cap/free agency.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The NFL admitted in open court, in front of said judge, that there was no direct evidence a rule had been broken, let alone by Brady.

This case was nothing more than a botched sting set in motion my men who despise the Patriots. Once it got to court it became a case about power of management over the players, and was no longer about Brady.

The league cares so much about the importance of ball pressure in regards to the integrity of the game, they had to call the MA State Police to retrieve the kicking balls and the pressure guages from the officials hotel room this past Sunday.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Brady wins the SB and finishes his career 5-2 in the SB he's the best of all time. If he gets to the SB and loses and ends his carer 4-3 he's behind Montana. Simple as that.

Why would he be behind Monatana? He will have as many wins and more appearances. So it's better to not get there and lose in the Conf title game, than to win the Conf title game and lose in the SB?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who, on a per game basis, was more efficient? And did so in a much more difficult era when concerning passing the football? QB ratings by themselves at face value are not a good indication...but when someone is clearly superior in that department, during an era when it's much tougher to pass the football, there is no getting around that.

I don't care about championship game appearances or Super Bowl appearances. I care about how a player performs....and it's simply easier for the QB in today's game to enjoy 'team' success than it was in Montana's era. It's more QB-centric today given the rules/salary cap/free agency.

Now you're reaching. Brady holds nearly every post season category, and is still going.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marino is the wrong answer. You have to win titles at some point to be an "all-time great". By definition, that's how it works. M

'That's how it works.'

Trent Dilfer 1. A shit load of quarterbacks far superior to him, ie Dan Marino, 0.

I'm so glad I'm not part of the human cattle pen that just regurgitates the same ole stupidity. That works for you....not for me.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'That's how it works.'

Trent Dilfer 1. A shit load of quarterbacks far superior to him, ie Dan Marino, 0.

I'm so glad I'm not part of the human cattle pen that just regurgitates the same ole stupidity. That works for you....not for me.

yeah that's not how it works.

Yes a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while, a full seeing squirrel should at least find one on his own.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didn't have anything to do with the severity of the punishment; the judge was a liberal who overstepped his authority to side against a corporation. It's that simple. He arbitrarily re-wrote the CBA.
Maybe the judge did, but most punishments have to based off of past standards. Other similar instances were simply fined, Roger got a thorn stuck up his ass because Brady didn't bow to the all mighty. Why do you think the courts over ruled the NFL on Rice and Peterson? I will 99% guarantee had Hardy took his 4 game suspension to court the court would have at least cut it to two games. The NFL set precedence long before then tried to punish off of rules made after. Roger was,a bafoon in the deflate gate situation.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the judge did, but most punishments have to based off of past standards. Other similar instances were simply fined, Roger got a thorn stuck up his ass because Brady didn't bow to the all mighty. Why do you think the courts over ruled the NFL on Rice and Peterson? I will 99% guarantee had Hardy took his 4 game suspension to court the court would have at least cut it to two games. The NFL set precedence long before then tried to punish off of rules made after. Roger is,a bafoon in nearly every situation.

FIFY :suds: