• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Brady makes the sb and loses

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh might have been the other niner guy.

Either way, Brady is statisically the GOAT, and there isn't much else you can measure it on beyond results, which is what statistics are.

Now stats are the ultimate measurement? Funny how most Pat fan's didn't share that same thought process regarding Marino when Brady's career was just getting started...

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now stats are the ultimate measurement? Funny how most Pat fan's didn't share that same thought process regarding Marino when Brady's career was just getting started...

I don't recall it ever coming up myself.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we finally settled who the Greatest RB of all time is then. No its not Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, Walter Peyton, Emmitt Smith, or Gale Sayers.

It's Franco Harris.

Keystone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we finally settled who the Greatest RB of all time is then. No its not Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, Walter Peyton, Emmitt Smith, or Galess Sayers.

Brady again?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we finally settled who the Greatest RB of all time is then. No its not Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, Walter Peyton, Emmitt Smith, or Galess Sayers.

It's Franco Harris.

Nah, you're mistaken, it's

Mosi Tatupu, way better hair

1985-mosi-tatupujpg-fa937a07e1598d2e_small.jpg

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would he be behind Monatana? He will have as many wins and more appearances. So it's better to not get there and lose in the Conf title game, than to win the Conf title game and lose in the SB?

I think with Montana being 4-0 and Brady being 4-3 puts Brady behind. If it was a 1 or 2 loss difference it wouldn't make that much difference but losing 3 more times in SB I just think keeps Montana ahead.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with Montana being 4-0 and Brady being 4-3 puts Brady behind. If it was a 1 or 2 loss difference it wouldn't make that much difference but losing 3 more times in SB I just think keeps Montana ahead.

So in that line of thinking you are punishing him for winning more Conf. titles. No offense, but that's dumb.

Plus you have to also weigh the fact that in his two losses he left the field with the lead only for the defense to squander it. There isn't much he can do about that.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in that line of thinking you are punishing him for winning more Conf. titles. No offense, but that's dumb.

Plus you have to also weigh the fact that in his two losses he left the field with the lead only for the defense to squander it. There isn't much he can do about that.

But his 2 loses are still 2 loses. When looking at SB wins and loses for a QB people rarely discuss how that win/loss happened and just talk about whether they won or lost. It's same reason why when people talk about Brady and his 4 SB rings they don't judge him based off the fact that Vinatieri was the one who actually won 2 of those games. It still counts as a win for Brady just like the losses do.

Also Conference titles don't impact much because that's not the main goal of the season the SB is, it would be the same as judging someone based off their number of division title wins. People don't judge a QB based off his conference title wins they just factor in the SB.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But his 2 loses are still 2 loses. When looking at SB wins and loses for a QB people rarely discuss how that win/loss happened and just talk about whether they won or lost. It's same reason why when people talk about Brady and his 4 SB rings they don't judge him based off the fact that Vinatieri was the one who actually won 2 of those games.

Also Conference titles don't impact much because that's not the main goal of the season the SB is, it would be the same as judging someone based off their number of division title wins. People don't judge a QB based off his conference title wins they just factor in the SB.

Adam V made the kick, but it was on two game winning drives by Brady.

So again, you actually punish a person for getting his team to more SBs. That may be one of the dumbest arguments I have heard.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam V made the kick, but it was on two game winning drives by Brady.

So again, you actually punish a person for getting his team to more SBs. That may be one of the dumbest arguments I have heard.

Conference titles don't mean shit, so what if you got to the SB you didn't win, just like 30 other teams that year. Just getting to the SB doesn't do you any good if you don't win.

I'm not going to reward Brady for losing the SB.

And Vinatieri is the reason they won 2 SB's just like the defense is the reason they lost 2. Still goes as a win for Brady just like it does a loss.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

By the same token, his last win was given to him by the defense.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conference titles don't mean shit, so what if you got to the SB you didn't win, just like 30 other teams that year. Just getting to the SB doesn't do you any good if you don't win.

I'm not going to reward Brady for losing the SB.

And Vinatieri is the reason they won 2 SB's just like the defense is the reason they lost 2. Still goes as a win for Brady just like it does a loss.

Yup, you may have gone full tard.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the same token, his last win was given to him by the defense.

Nope. Just like in the Giants losses, he left the field with the lead for the Def to close out, and they almost blew it again. The def held the lead against Seattle, not won it. Winning it would be by doing something like a pick 6, etc.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Just like in the Giants losses, he left the field with the lead for the Def to close out, and they almost blew it again. The def held the lead against Seattle, not won it. Winning it would be by doing something like a pick 6, etc.

Wrong. Defense saved his bacon. If Butler doesn't make that interception, we'd be asking if Brady is the next Jim Kelly rather than the next Montana. Totally changed his legacy.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. Defense saved his bacon. If Butler doesn't make that interception, we'd be asking if Brady is the next Jim Kelly rather than the next Montana. Totally changed his legacy.

So Brady would be responsible for making a double digit comeback and leaving the field with the lead, band if the def. caved it would be his fault. :scratch:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's it? That's all you coult muster? A joke pic?

You really do bring down the combined IQ of all steeler fans single handedly.

Said the troll in his momma's basement

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That pic' would be funny if it didn't stupidly reference the "tuck rule." People still talk about that like it was the wrong call.

Earth to typical football fans: the tuck rule call was correct. So was the "fail Mary" call. Get over it.

Oh I'm sorry did you find something floating in your cheerios???

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Brady would be responsible for making a double digit comeback and leaving the field with the lead, band if the def. caved it would be his fault. :scratch:

If he hadn't put his team in the hole with his horrible play, they wouldn't have needed a double digit comeback. The whole team bailed him out actually.

#truth #historydontlie #themsthefactsjack