• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Brady makes the sb and loses

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That team is a disgrace. They self-destructed in a way I have Never seen before. How/why they keep Marvin Lewis is beyond me...

Between Jones and Burfict, they got enough cons to run the mean machine without Lewis.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. I mean...I've seen basically enough of both QB's to make the statement that Montana is still the greatest, no matter what happens tomorrow or in two weeks. When you consider the facts that A) Montana's era was a far more difficult one to pass the football in and B) Montana's playoff stats on average are certainly superior to Brady's, then C) Montana was clearly a better post-season performer. There isn't much getting around it.

Montana was 16-7 in the postseason with 4 rings. Brady is 22-8 with 4 rings.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you are about as bright as a small utility lightbulb, but you do realize they can only win one at a time, right?

And you look so intelligent with your finger up your ass telling everyone from your mothers basement "how much football you watch"

And you mean cheat one at a time....

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you look so intelligent with your finger up your ass telling everyone from your mothers basement "how much football you watch"

And you mean cheat one at a time....

Care to list the supposed cheating?

Take your time, i know processing a thought that requires more than 1 brain cell to function at a time is a bit tough for you.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched a lot of football, and it's my take.

So if you don't think Brady is the GOAT, what does he need to do to or accompish to cross over the line to being the GOAT?

You have an opinion, and u have another opinion. Watching them all play I put Montana and Marino higher. Yes Brady has more SB's than Marino, and very well could pass them all, but Montana and Bradshaw (no not better than Brady) have never lost a SB and are currently tied at 4 wins.
Here's the way I look at it though, SB wins are QB wins they're TEAM wins. Marino, Fouts, Kelly, Moon etc. have no SB wins but I challenge you to say every SB winning QB was better.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is that if Young didn't come along, he wouldn't have been traded in the first place.

And "screwed over" is probably too severe a term, but both players took away what would've been a greater legacy from the other one.

Montana was injured in '92, so going with Young was the right decision (as was trading Montana, as much as it hurt).

If Young didn't come along, you're probably right in that Montana doesn't get traded. A rare situation when you have two MVP type players at the one position.

Montana was injured for most of the year in 1992...he came back and played the second half of the MNF game against Detroit at the end of the season....he could've played in the NFCCG against Dallas that year.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Care to list the supposed cheating?

Take your time, i know processing a thought that requires more than 1 brain cell to function at a time is a bit tough for you.

0827062001441396508_17d0b760.jpg

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have an opinion, and u have another opinion. Watching them all play I put Montana and Marino higher. Yes Brady has more SB's than Marino, and very well could pass them all, but Montana and Bradshaw (no not better than Brady) have never lost a SB and are currently tied at 4 wins.
Here's the way I look at it though, SB wins are QB wins they're TEAM wins. Marino, Fouts, Kelly, Moon etc. have no SB wins but I challenge you to say every SB winning QB was better.

Sure but you also have to consider the achievement of even making it there. And if the Pats should be fortunate to win tomorrow, Brady will be playing in his 7th. That in itself is impressive, it will mean he has played in the SB 50% of the years he was the starter.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So which post season stats do you consider worthy for comparison of the two greats?

All of them based on averages? Why does it matter to you? You'll just tell us about how allllll the volume numbers Brady has....and I'll be left shaking my head and laughing, as I've routinely done at your posts in this thread.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. We will probably never again see an era where there was so little competition in one league. Those Niners teams had to compete against great Cowboys, Giants and Redskins teams. The Patriots got to beat up weak teams like the Jets, Dolphins and Bills. It really weakens the Patriots' legacy when you realize they basically made their bones beating up the little sisters of the poor.

They have definitely fattened up on a shitty division. But that doesn't help you win in the postseason.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Brady tag teamed the Nanny. What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

It means clean your own yard, before complaining about anothers yard. He want's to discredit Brady for "more probable than not" "being generally aware" of something someone else did, while rolling around in a big Ben onesie, a man that has multiple credible sexual assault allegations in his past. A bit hypocritical.

And he's generally just a douche who rarely puts together an original thought.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of them based on averages? Why does it matter to you? You'll just tell us about how allllll the volume numbers Brady has....and I'll be left shaking my head and laughing, as I've routinely done at your posts in this thread.

Specifically which stats are the ones you are talking about?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure but you also have to consider the achievement of even making it there. And if the Pats should be fortunate to win tomorrow, Brady will be playing in his 7th. That in itself is impressive, it will mean he has played in the SB 50% of the years he was the starter.
We can have a different opinion on who's the greatest, I have Montana and Marino higher, you don't doesn't mean either of us are right.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can have a different opinion on who's the greatest, I have Montana and Marino higher, you don't doesn't mean either of us are right.

Marino isn't even in the same solar system.

Either way, what would Brady have to do to change that opinion?