• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ideal draft scenarios

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wanted to throw this out for discussion. This would be my preferred draft scenario. Feel free to comment or add your own scenarios.

1. Haha Clinton-Dix - S
2. Scott Crichton - DE
3. Telvin Smith - OLB
4. Daniel McCullers - DT
5. Charles Leno - OT/OG

My scenario is unlikely to happen, due to the fact that Clinton-Dix is probably going to be gone by the time Dallas picks. I'm interested to see what everyone else would prefer.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wanted to throw this out for discussion. This would be my preferred draft scenario. Feel free to comment or add your own scenarios.

1. Haha Clinton-Dix - S
2. Scott Crichton - DE
3. Telvin Smith - OLB
4. Daniel McCullers - DT
5. Charles Leno - OT/OG

My scenario is unlikely to happen, due to the fact that Clinton-Dix is probably going to be gone by the time Dallas picks. I'm interested to see what everyone else would prefer.

I like this list!!

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Haha Clinton-Dix - S
2. Scott Crichton - DE
3. Telvin Smith - OLB
4. Daniel McCullers - DT
5. Charles Leno - OT/OG

I think Clinton -Dix goes to the Rams ahead of us :bawling:

Watkins ( no chance)
Clinton-Dix
Donald
Ealy
Pryor
Martin

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Clinton -Dix goes to the Rams ahead of us :bawling:

Watkins ( no chance)
Clinton-Dix
Donald
Ealy
Pryor
Martin

Clinton-Dix has been #1 on my radar all off season. I just wish we could get him. Can't argue with Watkins though. I see Andre Johnson 2.0 in him - but better in the red zone.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clinton-Dix has been #1 on my radar all off season. I just wish we could get him. Can't argue with Watkins though. I see Andre Johnson 2.0 in him - but better in the red zone.

yeah Watkins is my dream that will never happen

I been on the Clinton-Dix bandwagon all off season but Bills Titans and Rams all need a safety so I don't see him making it to us

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ideal? I'm thinking Ideal would be to have Manziel on the board at 16 and for someone in the mid 20's to trade us a 1st and 2nd to get him. At 25, you wouldn't get a Donald or Dix, but you could probably get a Jernigan, Shazier, Hageman or Ward. Maybe...

1st Shazier LB OSU
2nd Ward S N Illinois
3rd Richardson OT Tenn
4th Ellis NT La Tech
5th Huff S Wyoming
6th Westbrooks DE W TX A+M
7th Steen OG Alabama
7th Ellington WR S Carolina
7th Wilder RB Florida State
7th Morris QB Miami
7th Edwards OG Tenn State
7th Gates OT Georgia

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ideal? I'm thinking Ideal would be to have Manziel on the board at 16 and for someone in the mid 20's to trade us a 1st and 2nd to get him. At 25, you wouldn't get a Donald or Dix, but you could probably get a Jernigan, Shazier, Hageman or Ward. Maybe...

1st Shazier LB OSU
2nd Ward S N Illinois
3rd Richardson OT Tenn
4th Ellis NT La Tech
5th Huff S Wyoming
6th Westbrooks DE W TX A+M
7th Steen OG Alabama
7th Ellington WR S Carolina
7th Wilder RB Florida State
7th Morris QB Miami
7th Edwards OG Tenn State
7th Gates OT Georgia

I actually like the idea of trading down, under the right circumstances. I think Calvin Pryor can be had in the 20's. I would be happy for Pryor somewhere in the 20's, along with an extra pick.

I just chose not to try and predict trade downs, those things are very unpredictable.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like the idea of trading down, under the right circumstances. I think Calvin Pryor can be had in the 20's. I would be happy for Pryor somewhere in the 20's, along with an extra pick.

I just chose not to try and predict trade downs, those things are very unpredictable.

I doubt we trade down this year, I think there are going to be 20 teams looking to trade down. Under the Ideal heading, it would be trading down IMO. However, if there is no trade down, Ideal would have to be Donald falling to 16, right?

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got fleesed last year for trading down. I don't trust Jerry trading down

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt we trade down this year, I think there are going to be 20 teams looking to trade down. Under the Ideal heading, it would be trading down IMO. However, if there is no trade down, Ideal would have to be Donald falling to 16, right?

I'm not sure if Donald is the most ideal player for the Cowboys. He is a little redundant with Melton here. Not to say that they couldn't be on the field together, but they would serve the same purpose.

Safety is the most glaring need on this team. Has been for a long time. Dallas needs to bite the bullet this year.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if Donald is the most ideal player for the Cowboys. He is a little redundant with Melton here. Not to say that they couldn't be on the field together, but they would serve the same purpose.

Safety is the most glaring need on this team. Has been for a long time. Dallas needs to bite the bullet this year.

Pass rusher is the most glaring need IMO & Dlineman period.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats not the ideal draft scenario. THe ideal scenario is for Clowney to get arrested the night before the draft and he falls to Dallas because of it. Thats the ideal scenario! :laugh3:

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats not the ideal draft scenario. THe ideal scenario is for Clowney to get arrested the night before the draft and he falls to Dallas because of it. Thats the ideal scenario! :laugh3:

Don't quit your day job.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass rusher is the most glaring need IMO & Dlineman period.

I agree that those are two glaring needs. But I think the Free Safety spot is worse off. We don't have a guy capable of playing the position. Everyone we have is a SS/in the box kind of guy. When they get put in the deep secondary they get burnt routinely. I think the team is better served to go after one of two top safeties in the first round. My opinion, which should be taken with a grain of salt, is that there are only two difference makers at Safety in the draft - the Cowboys need to get one of them.

Dallas has a better chance of getting a quality pass rusher in round 2 than a capable Saftey. For example, Scott Crichton might be available for the Cowboys in round 2. I think he is a better value and more of a difference maker than any of the Safeties projected to be available in round 2. Dallas can continue to flesh out the D-line by picking up a guy like McCullers, or someone of the sort in the later rounds. A big guy like McCullers could really provide an anchor next to Melton.

Just my opinion.

Who would you like to see in the first few rounds Eastbay?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that those are two glaring needs. But I think the Free Safety spot is worse off. We don't have a guy capable of playing the position. Everyone we have is a SS/in the box kind of guy. When they get put in the deep secondary they get burnt routinely. I think the team is better served to go after one of two top safeties in the first round. My opinion, which should be taken with a grain of salt, is that there are only two difference makers at Safety in the draft - the Cowboys need to get one of them.

Dallas has a better chance of getting a quality pass rusher in round 2 than a capable Saftey. For example, Scott Crichton might be available for the Cowboys in round 2. I think he is a better value and more of a difference maker than any of the Safeties projected to be available in round 2. Dallas can continue to flesh out the D-line by picking up a guy like McCullers, or someone of the sort in the later rounds. A big guy like McCullers could really provide an anchor next to Melton.

Just my opinion.

you are talking of needing a centerfield type Safety but ironically the best centerfield type isn't one of the two safeties you want.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think every position is fair game @ the right value besides TE & RB. I know it is cliche but this team desperately need to take BPA every round. I don't watch enough college football outside of the SEC to rank the players. We also have to see what the mid round players on the roster can do, i.e. Wilcox. You can't have high picks @ every position.....

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think every position is fair game @ the right value besides TE & RB. I know it is cliche but this team desperately need to take BPA every round. I don't watch enough college football outside of the SEC to rank the players. We also have to see what the mid round players on the roster can do, i.e. Wilcox. You can't have high picks @ every position.....

It's hard to argue BPA. But damn does this team need some help on defense.

I think Wilcox has a future, as the starting Strong Safety. Give him one more year to learn the position and I think he takes Church's spot. I think Church is overrated.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Wilcox has a future, as the starting Strong Safety. Give him one more year to learn the position and I think he takes Church's spot. I think Church is overrated.

Church is overrated, but that is because he is the only thing right now on the team that resembles a safety.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Church is overrated, but that is because he is the only thing right now on the team that resembles a safety.

Church would standout even more if he played next to a true FS. I don't understand why he is listed as a FS, he is SS in every sense of the word.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would make sense to draft a FS in the early rounds if you view Wilcox as a SS. I thought he was drafted as having ball skills & play making abilities.....