• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'd rather have Tristan or Whiteside Poll

Take Your Pick

• Total voters

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my bet is illogical? whats the name ofth is thread??? and what does Kyrie getting injured have ANYTHING to di wht Whiteside and Thompson- its your own "red herring" that does not mean ANYTHING

cmon....EASY bet for ya man....lets see who is better from here on out-- Tristan Thompson or

FUCK NO- there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that relates to those- to Kyrie and Whiteside? WTF does that have to do with ANYTHING?

were comparing Thompson and Whiteside here and you are OBVIOUSLY scared to do it.....quit being such a pussy.

If you can't comprehend why it's a fair bet, I give up.
Result of thread speaks for itself.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if sane people were on this forum this would have been 1 post

here goes

The stats irrefutably say that the Heat are better with Whiteside on the bench then when he plays.

end of story.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again- can ya read?

The Heat hit a bump in the road lately, stumbling to three straight losses on a long West Coast road trip. After Wednesday night’s 14-point defeat to the Clippers, long-simmering conflicts seemed to surface. Both Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh subtlety called out Hassan Whiteside, who they thought was babying his knee tendonitis:

http://deadspin.com/hassan-whiteside-on-his-monster-triple-double-aint-no-1753346150

Or how about embarassing himself by getting into a obscenity laced twitter fight with a reporter that was critical of him? lol AND again his teammates have to respond to questions about Whiteside being a big child.

or how about the fact that the team is better when he sits on the bench then when he plays-

Advance stats continue to tell a story that ends with the Heat simply being a better basketball team when Whiteside isn't on the court. All season long, the numbers have shown the Heat has a drastically better defense withoutits shot-blocking seven-footer standing in the paint. It's no longer too small of a sample size — the Heat is a better defensive team without Whiteside on the court. As it stands, the Heat has a defensive rating of 102.0 with Whiteside on the court and a 96.5 rating with him off the court. The defensive numbers — no matter how hard your eye-test tries to make you disagree — continue to suggest the Heat is a better defensive team when Whiteside doesn't play.

Last week, ESPN's Tom Haberstroh joined the 790 the Ticket's morning show crew to discuss the conundrum the Miami Heat finds itself in and what story the numbers tell regarding the Heat with/without Whiteside.

"When you look at the numbers, with Whiteside on the floor, Dwyane Wade scores just 20.6 points per every 36 minutes, and the Heat get outscored by 44 points. When Whiteside is off the floor, Dwyane Wade is averaging 26 points per every 36 minutes, and the Heat are outscoring opponents by two points," Haberstroh said.

In addition to dropping those concerning Wade-Whiteside stats on Heat fans' laps, Haberstroh also touched on how Whiteside's presence in the paint on offense might be doing more harm than good regarding the style the Heat wants to play with Goran Dragic.

"I think when it comes to Goran, he's one of the best finishers in the league at the rim when he's healthy," Haberstroh said. "It comes down to if you have one less big body that you have to deal with down there in the paint, it's going to be much easier for him to score."

pick one.

1) Teammates call out each other all the time. That is no big deal. Not the first time it happened, won't be the last time.

2) The whole blaming Whiteside for Wade numbers is stupid. It is just lazy reporting. He failed to mentioned that usually when Hassan is not on the floor neither, is Dragic which means Wade is going to be more aggressive. It is common sense. Wade played with Shaq for 3 years and that was when he would attack more frequently. Wade is used to playing with a Center who clogs the paint. This isn't new for him.

3) That is a Dragic issue. Not a Whiteside issue. He never played with a Center like Whiteside before. He needs to adjust to that. Not vice versa. He had his best month in January.

4) Who cares what he said on social media? He will learn that he needs to watch he say to dumb fans eventually. Guys get into it with fans on social media all the time. One guy known for this is JR Smith.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

here goes

The stats irrefutably say that the Heat are better with Whiteside on the bench then when he plays.

end of story.

If you can't read this has nothing to do with the Heat team. It is a simple question. Who would you rather have? Hassan or Tristan.

BTW no way does the Heat win last night without Hassan.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

here goes

end of story.

Apparently you didn't watch last night, the Denver game and many others.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't read this has nothing to do with the Heat team. It is a simple question. Who would you rather have? Hassan or Tristan.

BTW no way does the Heat win last night without Hassan.

Wiggy famous for trying to switch topic, mid thread, cause he's always getting abused on original topic.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently you didn't watch last night, the Denver game and many others.
Sasha Pavlovic had good games here or there.

YAH WHITESIDE 17 minutes off the bench last night!!! ALL STAR BABY!!!! LOL...

you guys crack me up.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- at this point- there is absolutely NOTHING you guys can say to this simple point- except trying to cherry pick smaller sample sizes....

The stats say the Heat are a better team when Blancote rides the pine.

thats my argument 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, and 6 if need be....please....try again when the stats say something different.

:suds:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot depends on current roster and contract... but all things equal I'll take Whiteside, although I think its a bit more of a difficult decision than most seem to. Might be just because of my cavs bias... but I do think you'd have a much better idea of what you're getting for, say, the next 4 years with TT than you would with Whiteside.

Cavs are paying TT a lot of money, but they've got him locked in and I don't think they could've used that money in a better way (at least not for the immediate future)

Heat are getting hands-down the BEST value in the league with Whiteside and its not even close. Dude is making less than $1 mill. BUT... he's an unrestricted FA with no larry bird rights.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sasha Pavlovic had good games here or there.

YAH WHITESIDE 17 minutes off the bench last night!!! ALL STAR BABY!!!! LOL...

you guys crack me up.

Yeah somehow 10,9, & 5 in 17 minutes is now a bad thing

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot depends on current roster and contract... but all things equal I'll take Whiteside, although I think its a bit more of a difficult decision than most seem to. Might be just because of my cavs bias... but I do think you'd have a much better idea of what you're getting for, say, the next 4 years with TT than you would with Whiteside.

Cavs are paying TT a lot of money, but they've got him locked in and I don't think they could've used that money in a better way (at least not for the immediate future)

Heat are getting hands-down the BEST value in the league with Whiteside and its not even close. Dude is making less than $1 mill. BUT... he's an unrestricted FA with no larry bird rights.
how are they getting the hands-down best value in the league when the metrics say the team plays better when the guy rides the pine?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how are they getting the hands-down best value in the league when the metrics say the team plays better when the guy rides the pine?

I'm talking about his salary vs his production.

Top 20 in Win Shares / $1,000,000
rZUabdg.png

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WS plotted against Salary

prRRkGd.png

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about his salary vs his production.

Top 20 in Win Shares / $1,000,000
View attachment 85726
those are based off of stats- and what i have been saying ad nauseum- is that despite eye popping stats- Whitesides actual effect on the game - how the team ACTUALLY plays with him on the court- has been documented time and time again as negative. -its the reason why he got into a twitter fight with a reporter who wrote the article showing how the Heats defense SUFFERS when Whiteside is on the court.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- if nothing else,i would love for someone to explain to me how whiteside is a "dominant" center- when the team plays better defense when he is not on the court. If someone could explain that to me- it would be FABULOUS, lol. :suds:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you just continue to ignore that Miami just had by far their best defensive month in January when Hassan in the games he played. I forgot the NBA season ended in December.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
those are based off of stats- and what i have been saying ad nauseum- is that despite eye popping stats- Whitesides actual effect on the game - how the team ACTUALLY plays with him on the court- has been documented time and time again as negative. -its the reason why he got into a twitter fight with a reporter who wrote the article showing how the Heats defense SUFFERS when Whiteside is on the court.

I hear you... I haven't seen near enough of the Heat to have an opinion about that. Whatever you think about how much he fits in with the Heat or how much he contributes to them winning... the dude produces blocks and rebounds and points among other things.

The value of that production is off of the charts because of his very low salary. That's all I'm saying.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is beyond stupid.
You want me to make a bet that I can lose tomorrow, but can't win until the end of April.
My bet is totally fair.
Either can lose on any day, starting tomorrow.
I think the plan is if you win it'll be forgotten by the time April rolls around. :D