• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'd rather have Tristan or Whiteside Poll

Take Your Pick

• Total voters

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wait till she's a teenager!

My daughter just turned 12 yesterday.

We were coming out of the pizza place and some grown ass man, like 30 years old...no joke.., asked her what her name was.

I had to be physically restrained.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside goes to sleep dreaming that he can be as good a Gobert

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside goes to sleep dreaming that he can be as good a Gobert

I'm a Rudy fan too.

Jazz has some nice young talent.

I hope they can keep them all when Exum returns.

But...I doubt it.

Hood is liking his playmaking stature a bit to much to give it up willingly.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Rudy fan too.

Jazz has some nice young talent.

I hope they can keep them all when Exum returns.

But...I doubt it.

Hood is liking his playmaking stature a bit to much to give it up willingly.

Exum's injury could not have been timed worse for the Jazz. He needed this year more then any other player to get the NBA game figured out. Coming into next year, Gobert, Hayward, and Favors will be ready to take the next step and compete in the playoffs, but they will be back to a PG who is at least a year away from putting it together. Or worse Trey Burke.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My daughter just turned 12 yesterday.

We were coming out of the pizza place and some grown ass man, like 30 years old...no joke.., asked her what her name was.

I had to be physically restrained.
Initial reaction: :omg:
Second reaction: :lm:

On a happier note, hope she had a great b-day! :cheer2: :party:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exum's injury could not have been timed worse for the Jazz. He needed this year more then any other player to get the NBA game figured out. Coming into next year, Gobert, Hayward, and Favors will be ready to take the next step and compete in the playoffs, but they will be back to a PG who is at least a year away from putting it together. Or worse Trey Burke.

I know he's gimp.

But, in the Curry/Kyrie/Lillard era, do you think Burks could play the point with Hood and Hayward as the playmakers?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You took that from something that was written on December 3rd when were barely over a month into the season.
yes...i think those are EXTREMELY plausible explanations though...

I think THIS

So, let’s get this straight: Heat opponents are taking more shots in the restricted area, and they’re doing it at a higher efficiency when Whiteside plays. That’s the opposite of what’s supposed to be happening. Why? Plenty of floating theories make sense.

There's the possibility that Whiteside is block-happy and ends up flying around the floor too aggressively after getting a couple of stuffs. Similar issues were present in younger versions of Serge Ibaka and DeAndre Jordan. The early-game swattery can be fool’s gold. There's the occasional reluctance to rotate as a help defender, either because Whiteside recognizes offensive actions too late or because he doesn’t like leaving prime rebounding position to contest a shot that may or may not go in, anyway.

MAkes a LOT OF SENSE.

but ya know man. We shall see. The cool thing is- its February. As always- time will tell.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he's gimp.

But, in the Curry/Kyrie/Lillard era, do you think Burks could play the point with Hood and Hayward as the playmakers?

I hate Alec Burks as the playmaker, he is way to concerned with his own shot to have the ball in his hands that often. I always thought his extension was a strange one. Square peg for that team.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Alec Burks as the playmaker, he is way to concerned with his own shot to have the ball in his hands that often. I always thought his extension was a strange one. Square peg for that team.

They may need to thin the herd.

Burke/Burks/Exum.......one or 2 need to go.

But, they have time.

A Conley type would be a great get.

But, he may not want to go to such a young Team.

Take a chance on a Bledsoe?

Love that Dude.

But, he has a long-term deal, at big money..and is waaaaaaaaaay to gimp.

Might be too shoot-first for that roster also?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may need to thin the herd.

Burke/Burks/Exum.......one or 2 need to go.

But, they have time.

A Conley type would be a great get.

But, he may not want to go to such a young Team.

Take a chance on a Bledsoe?

Love that Dude.

But, he has a long-term deal, at big money..and is waaaaaaaaaay to gimp.

Might be too shoot-first for that roster also?

I think Burks still fits as a 2 gaurd, although better perimeter shot would be ideal there. And Hood might be the better player.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy watched less heat games than you dude but somehow he think he knows more than Heat fans and beat writers who follow this team around 24/7
This is from the Miami New Times.- the article Blancote was crying about.

The Miami Heat has done everything possible to coexist with the phenomenon that is Hassan Whiteside. The team has coddled him in ways it has rarely done for any player. It's structured contracts — including that of its franchise star — to ensure it could remain in a position to break the bank for him this off-season. It's tasked an on-the-court/off-the-court tag team of Alonzo Mourning and Juwan Howard to keep him on the straight-and-narrow when it comes to all things NBA life that most players don't have to be begged to figure out at 26 years old. It's miscast its star point guard — delaying adapting to a style that best suits him — so that it can cater to a style of play that better suits Whiteside. It's continually slowed the bus just so Whiteside can jump on — only to see him jump back off at every stop.

Congratulations, Miami Heat — you played yourselves.

What has become clear during Whiteside's injury-related absence over the past several games is that the Heat plays a better, more current brand of basketball without the mercurial center.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bc it is a dumb thread lol. Everyone knows Tristan is overpaid, but honestly Whiteside has yet to play like his potential over a full season. We know what Tristan does, outhustles everyone on the court, and he has done it his whole career. No question Whiteside is better, but what about for the team...

Not according to Wiggy. Wiggy thinks he's underpaid because he Karl Malone, Tim Duncan and Charles Barkley all wrapped up in one. :lol:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not according to Wiggy. Wiggy thinks he's underpaid because he Karl Malone, Tim Duncan and Charles Barkley all wrapped up in one. :lol:
A. I never said that and B. you CERTAINLY do not have tobe KArl Malone, Tim Duncan or Charles Barkley in order to help your team win more than HAssan Whiteside does.

I am still waiting for someone to tell me how Whiteside is better than Thompson- when the stats clearly show Miami is worse off when the guy is on the court. Like i have said before- that reallly should be argument, 1 ,2, 3, 4, 9 , 57, 159, 767...etc.etc. etc.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if sane people were on this forum this would have been 1 post

Who is more insane? The insane people or the person who keeps trying over and over and over and over to show how insane everyone else is?

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Even other Cavs fans don't agree with Wiggy.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. I never said that and B. you CERTAINLY do not have tobe KArl Malone, Tim Duncan or Charles Barkley in order to help your team win more than HAssan Whiteside does.

I am still waiting for someone to tell me how Whiteside is better than Thompson- when the stats clearly show Miami is worse off when the guy is on the court. Like i have said before- that reallly should be argument, 1 ,2, 3, 4, 9 , 57, 159, 767...etc.etc. etc.

Maybe try actually watching Heat games

And as far as Gasol, Drummond, and Cousins.. 3 of the now best centers in the league.. How much winning did they do in their 1st season ?

How many seasons did it take for them to reach the level they are at now?