• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'd rather have Tristan or Whiteside Poll

Take Your Pick

• Total voters

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they suck now. At least there's a past to enjoy looking back at. People who view that as a negative are always fans of teams that have a shitty past. The Lakers will get back though. Can you say the same for the Cavs once Lebron retires? Who the fuck really wants to live in Cleveland?

Funny how fans of teams with no history want to try and pretend like it doesn't matter.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brittany Grinner would give him HELL in the post.

Candace Parker would just dominate him...lol

Lisa Leslie could come out retirement and drop 50 on him.

Thompson ain't half the man Britney Griner is. :lol:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is more insane? The insane people or the person who keeps trying over and over and over and over how insane everyone else is?
like i said- a simple question

i watch Jonas Valunciunas come back from an injury and the Raptors go on a franchise best winning streak.

i watch Tristan Thompson step up and average a double double in the Finals

i watch Hassan Whiteside lose his mind down the stretch and get tossed and suspended in the middle of a playoff race--- and then more recently- I watch Whiteside sit out multiple games- Bosh and Wade not so subtetly suggest hes being a baby- the Heat go on a 4 game winning streak- winning 3 on the road in a row for the first time all season- WITHOUT Whiteside.

So you tell me. Whats going on? Do the stats lie? Those stats that showed how Wade suffers offensively, and the idea that Dragic has suffered a large dip to his FG % because Whiteside clogs up the middle has a lot of merit in my opinion.

but like i said- we are LUCKY that its only February 4th...time will certainly tell....

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. I never said that and B. you CERTAINLY do not have tobe KArl Malone, Tim Duncan or Charles Barkley in order to help your team win more than HAssan Whiteside does.

Maybe not, but you have to be better than Tristan Thompson. Fortunately, Whiteside is.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe try actually watching Heat games

And as far as Gasol, Drummond, and Cousins.. 3 of the now best centers in the league.. How much winning did they do in their 1st season ?

How many seasons did it take for them to reach the level they are at now?

Hell, Pau never even won a playoff game until he joined the Lakers.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Currently it's 25 to 1 in favour to Whiteside.

Yet Wiggy still feels the need to defend Thompson in the form of a thesis!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is from the Miami New Times.- the article Blancote was crying about.

The Miami Heat has done everything possible to coexist with the phenomenon that is Hassan Whiteside. The team has coddled him in ways it has rarely done for any player. It's structured contracts — including that of its franchise star — to ensure it could remain in a position to break the bank for him this off-season. It's tasked an on-the-court/off-the-court tag team of Alonzo Mourning and Juwan Howard to keep him on the straight-and-narrow when it comes to all things NBA life that most players don't have to be begged to figure out at 26 years old. It's miscast its star point guard — delaying adapting to a style that best suits him — so that it can cater to a style of play that better suits Whiteside. It's continually slowed the bus just so Whiteside can jump on — only to see him jump back off at every stop.

Congratulations, Miami Heat — you played yourselves.

What has become clear during Whiteside's injury-related absence over the past several games is that the Heat plays a better, more current brand of basketball without the mercurial center.

The Heat changed their offense prior to the Chicago game last Monday. It is a known fact

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes...i think those are EXTREMELY plausible explanations though...

I think THIS

So, let’s get this straight: Heat opponents are taking more shots in the restricted area, and they’re doing it at a higher efficiency when Whiteside plays. That’s the opposite of what’s supposed to be happening. Why? Plenty of floating theories make sense.

There's the possibility that Whiteside is block-happy and ends up flying around the floor too aggressively after getting a couple of stuffs. Similar issues were present in younger versions of Serge Ibaka and DeAndre Jordan. The early-game swattery can be fool’s gold. There's the occasional reluctance to rotate as a help defender, either because Whiteside recognizes offensive actions too late or because he doesn’t like leaving prime rebounding position to contest a shot that may or may not go in, anyway.

MAkes a LOT OF SENSE.

but ya know man. We shall see. The cool thing is- its February. As always- time will tell.

Find a article that is more relevant rather than something that was posted. Post an article from the month of January that shows how Miami defense is worse with Hassan. The Heat played 34 games since that article. They made their adjustments and so did Hassan which is why the defense is now great with him on the court

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like i said- a simple question

i watch Jonas Valunciunas come back from an injury and the Raptors go on a franchise best winning streak.

i watch Tristan Thompson step up and average a double double in the Finals

i watch Hassan Whiteside lose his mind down the stretch and get tossed and suspended in the middle of a playoff race--- and then more recently- I watch Whiteside sit out multiple games- Bosh and Wade not so subtetly suggest hes being a baby- the Heat go on a 4 game winning streak- winning 3 on the road in a row for the first time all season- WITHOUT Whiteside.

So you tell me. Whats going on? Do the stats lie? Those stats that showed how Wade suffers offensively, and the idea that Dragic has suffered a large dip to his FG % because Whiteside clogs up the middle has a lot of merit in my opinion.

but like i said- we are LUCKY that its only February 4th...time will certainly tell....

Here's hint for you: When you are all by yourself trying to convince everyone else that they're crazy. They're not the one's who are crazy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Find a article that is more relevant rather than something that was posted. Post an article from the month of January that shows how Miami defense is worse with Hassan. The Heat played 34 games since that article. They made their adjustments and so did Hassan which is why the defense is now great with him on the court
uhhh yah...LOL...i did post an article from FEBRUARY 2nd from the a Miami paper- ya know- the one that Whiteside was texting expletives about since he got his wittle feelings hurt.

and the funny thing is- most of the stuff i have posted- Is what other people have said that GET PAID TO FOLLOW THE NBA.....so discount it all you want- try and explain it away- but its not like i just make this stuff up- what i have posted represents a broad consensus of analysts and writers that cover the league- both in Miami and not in Miami- and the fact that you guys are trying to attribute it to me just to try and brush it off is both predictable, and pathetic and shows some deep seeded denial. I can back up practically every word i said with something who covers the nba for a living, or has played in the NBA has said- you guys can not make the same claim that is for SURE.

and like i said ONCE again- its February 4th- we have plenty of time- and more often then not- time vindicates.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uhhh yah...LOL...i did post an article from FEBRUARY 2nd from the a Miami paper- ya know- the one that Whiteside was texting expletives about since he got his wittle feelings hurt.

and the funny thing is- most of the stuff i have posted- Is what other people have said that GET PAID TO FOLLOW THE NBA.....so discount it all you want- try and explain it away- but its not like i just make this stuff up- what i have posted is a broad consensus of analysts and writers that cover the league- and the fact that you guys are trying to attribute it to me just to try and brush it off is both predictable, and pathetic and shows some deep seeded denial. I can back up practically every word i said with something who covers the nba for a living, or has played in the NBA has said- you guys can not make the same claim that is for SURE.

and like i said ONCE again- its February 4th- we have plenty of time- and more often then not- time vindicates.

That article states nothing about the Heat team defense being bad with Whiteside on the court....

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last season, Whiteside basically was the only reason that most Heat games weren't unbearable to watch.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That article states nothing about the Heat team defense being bad with Whiteside on the court....
Miami Heat Is Better Without Hassan Whiteside on the Court

uhhh yah it does....this is where you would jump down my throat like a crazy person- but ill give ya the benefit of the doubt that ya just missed it- copy and pasted below-

Advance stats continue to tell a story that ends with the Heat simply being a better basketball team when Whiteside isn't on the court. All season long, the numbers have shown the Heat has a drastically better defense withoutits shot-blocking seven-footer standing in the paint. It's no longer too small of a sample size — the Heat is a better defensive team without Whiteside on the court. As it stands, the Heat has a defensive rating of 102.0 with Whiteside on the court and a 96.5 rating with him off the court. The defensive numbers — no matter how hard your eye-test tries to make you disagree — continue to suggest the Heat is a better defensive team when Whiteside doesn't play.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting for Wiggy to post an relevant article from 2016 about the Heat defense being bad with Hassan on the court.

Guess what fellas? HE CAN'T because the Heat defense is one of the best in basketball when Whiteside is on the court since the start of the year

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and the funny thing is- most of the stuff i have posted- Is what other people have said that GET PAID TO FOLLOW THE NBA.....so discount it all you want- try and explain it away- but its not like i just make this stuff up- what i have posted represents a broad consensus of analysts and writers that cover the league- both in Miami and not in Miami- and the fact that you guys are trying to attribute it to me just to try and brush it off is both predictable, and pathetic and shows some deep seeded denial. I can back up practically every word i said with something who covers the nba for a living, or has played in the NBA has said- you guys can not make the same claim that is for SURE.

How much more time do the Cavs need to make the playoffs if James isn't on
the roster?

Maybe we'll find out next year? Or the year after?

Cause I don't see a ring in the near future.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting for Wiggy to post an relevant article from 2016 about the Heat defense being bad with Hassan on the court.

Guess what fellas? HE CAN'T because the Heat defense is one of the best in basketball when Whiteside is on the court since the start of the year

He's writing one now.
Takes awhile to compose 20000 words.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

uhhh yah it does....this is where you would jump down my throat like a crazy person- but ill give ya the benefit of the doubt that ya just missed it- copy and pasted below-

Advance stats continue to tell a story that ends with the Heat simply being a better basketball team when Whiteside isn't on the court. All season long, the numbers have shown the Heat has a drastically better defense withoutits shot-blocking seven-footer standing in the paint. It's no longer too small of a sample size — the Heat is a better defensive team without Whiteside on the court. As it stands, the Heat has a defensive rating of 102.0 with Whiteside on the court and a 96.5 rating with him off the court. The defensive numbers — no matter how hard your eye-test tries to make you disagree — continue to suggest the Heat is a better defensive team when Whiteside doesn't play.

The link to the article they reference (All season long, the numbers have shown the Heat has a drastically better defense) to is from December. Everything from this article was based on the Heat defensive numbers in November and December. They wrote this on February 1st and did not take into account the January defensive numbers lol. Wonder why

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much more time do the Cavs need to make the playoffs if James isn't on
the roster?

Maybe we'll find out next year? Or the year after?

Cause I don't see a ring in the near future.
i knew it was only a matter of time.....

AND HERE COMES the bitter!!!!!!

Advance stats continue to tell a story that ends with the Heat simply being a better basketball team when Whiteside isn't on the court. All season long, the numbers have shown the Heat has a drastically better defensewithoutits shot-blocking seven-footer standing in the paint. It's no longer too small of a sample size — the Heat is a better defensive team without Whiteside on the court. As it stands, the Heat has a defensive rating of 102.0 with Whiteside on the court and a 96.5 rating with him off the court. The defensive numbers — no matter how hard your eye-test tries to make you disagree — continue to suggest the Heat is a better defensive team when Whiteside doesn't play.

FEB 2nd BRO.