• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'd rather have Tristan or Whiteside Poll

Take Your Pick

• Total voters

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
absolutely...not even a question. Whiteside would be a disaster offensively and totally stop any kind of ball movement or pace the Cavs are trying to establish---- and defensively the CAvs greatest strength is that they have a bunch of good athletes with good size that can switch and defend multiple positiions- LeBron, Shump, Smith, Thompson....

why trade for Whiteside when you would only use him like you use Mozgov- as a matchup guy.

you think Whiteside could stay on the floor against those small lineups of the Warriors or Spurs or OKC with how they run and shoot? It would be a disaster. that "lineup of death " with draymond at center would make Whiteside look like a homeless man at a State Dinner.

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're serious claim is that other teams really wanted to offer him that type of money, but didn't because they knew the Cavs would match?

I know exactly how it works.

Maybe, possibly someone would have offered him 7-8M, but didn't because of what you pointed out, but reality is that no one even considered offering anything because they all knew, and were laughing about the amount he had turned down, which meant James had already guaranteed him more.
my serious claim is that restricted free agency is broken and no one ever gets offers in it since no one wants to tie up their cap space.

I think in the last 2 years out of DOZENS of restricted free agents ONE guy has gotten an offer- Enes Kanter...what did the other few dozen guys just all suck and no one wanted them? honestly- like i siad- i dont know if you are just trying to be argumentative or if you really just dont know what the fuck yo uare talking about.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to whats going on with the team- I can read bout 6 different very talented reporters and put me on a level that FAR exceeds anything she knows -

The fact that you think this just shows how deluded you really are. I question how much you know about the Cavs considering you think Thompson is worth what he's being paid.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to whats going on with the team- I can read bout 6 different very talented reporters and put me on a level that FAR exceeds anything she knows - and thats been proven time and time again. Its easy with a computer with a broadband connection to educate yourself about anything- all you have to do is take a few minutes to do so- and its obvious- she doesnt! lol.

Right, just like you read and believed James was mad about the Miller amnesty ( that he signed off on).

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see this is such a great example RIGHT HERE FOR US...

if you were an informed NBA fan- or ill even rephrase it- if you are interested in the business side of the NBA and pay attention to the CBA and contracts etc. you would already know this

here is just one example of an article
NBA AM: Restricted Free Agency Is Tough | Basketball Insiders | NBA Rumors And Basketball News

Restricted free agency is broken- and both the league and players acknowledge this- no one ever gets signed- read the article if you actually WANT to educate yourself- if you dont want to fine- but please dont tell me i am wrong when you refuse to even try and understand what the fuck is actually going on.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my serious claim is that restricted free agency is broken and no one ever gets offers in it since no one wants to tie up their cap space.

I think in the last 2 years out of DOZENS of restricted free agents ONE guy has gotten an offer- Enes Kanter...what did the other few dozen guys just all suck and no one wanted them? honestly- like i siad- i dont know if you are just trying to be argumentative or if you really just dont know what the fuck yo uare talking about.

So teams were worried about tying up cap space in Sept/Oct?
Please stop.
Nobody wanted him.
Period.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's something else. I watch plenty of games involving teams other than the Lakers, but wouldn't try to claim that I know more about those teams than people who are actual fans. Just doesn't make sense.
how doesnt it make sense? what does an actual fan have that magically makes them more informed?

What information can a "fan" get that i cant get?

I can go to the LA Times website and get a ton of stories at hte push of a few keys

I can go to SI.com and get both a national perspective- and links to a ton of local publications

IF i want another national perspective- i can go to ESPN.com- or get linked up to their ESPNlosangeles which has a bunch of local writers.

I can go to the Lakers own website and watch parts of games, highlights, interviews etc etc etc.

please tell me how if i spent 10 minutes a day informing myself i wouldnt know infinitely more than a halfwit like LAD.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So teams were worried about tying up cap space in Sept/Oct?
Please stop.
Nobody wanted him.
Period.
see again- this where your ignorance shows- the only 2 teams that had the cap room to sign him at that time where the REBUILDING SIXERS with a million big men already- and Portland-- and Portland signed Kanter

honestly- it gets so frustrating having to constantly correct your abject stupidity and malicious bullshit.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch: Burn???

:10::10:If I seem to recall, you mostly bagged on Love when he was the Wolves. Then when the Lebron coup happened.... you couldn't open your mouth wide enough to wedge his schlong down your gullet.
:10::10:

doesn't surprise me in the slightest, the hypocritical windbag...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how doesnt it make sense? what does an actual fan have that magically makes them more informed?

What information can a "fan" get that i cant get?

A fan actually watches the games, follows the team, etc. For example, I watch every Lakers game, read any articles I come across about them and watch a lot of the Lakers related content on their channel on Time-Warner. That's a hell of a lot more than reading a few articles about a team I don't watch.

If you have so much time to search for and read all of the articles on other teams that it would take to know as much as you try to act like you know, you'd have time to actually watch games other than the Cavs.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
painting himself into a corner doesn't even BEGIN to describe Wiggy's position on this thread...

btw who gave Tristan the mercy vote...?:lol:

That lebron23james moron. You're shocked, aren't you?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see again- this where your ignorance shows- the only 2 teams that had the cap room to sign him at that time where the REBUILDING SIXERS with a million big men already- and Portland-- and Portland signed Kanter

honestly- it gets so frustrating having to constantly correct your abject stupidity and malicious bullshit.

It doesn't matter who had cap space in July, August, Sept, or October.
Nobody was offering him anything that would have been considered fair market value, because they all knew what he'd be getting based on what he had already turned down.

How in the fuck can everyone see this but you?
Further, I posted before last season ever started, exactly what was going to happen.
It was a no brainer.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter who had cap space in July, August, Sept, or October.
Nobody was offering him anything that would have been considered fair market value, because they all knew what he'd be getting based on what he had already turned down.

How in the fuck can everyone see this but you?
Further, I posted before last season ever started, exactly what was going to happen.
It was a no brainer.
i just proved you wrong a million ways to Sunday and your still harping on this. its ridiculous. you are making a fool out of yourself- every time you say something stupid- i correct you- and then you just change it somehow and keep going and going and going.

why in Gods name would anyone offer tristan thompson a contract in restricted free agency when they KNOW the CAvs are going to match- not too mention the fact- that in the LAST TWO YEARS- ONE GUY- out of DOZENS of restricted free agents has signed an offer sheet- and you make it out to be a HUGE deal that Thompson didnt get one- when 97% of the restricted free agents the last 2 years didnt!

its just too much- its obviously personal for you at this point.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously?!? Teams didn't have the cap space because he's only worth about $7 million and was demanding a whole lot more than he was worth. Teams had no problem clearing space for guys who were worth clearing space for.