• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'd like a Tuna Sandwich

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to a wedding Saturday evening. Services were on the beach which was great and the reception was nearby and a real good time. One of the appetizers during the cocktail hour was Swedish meatballs (no not the Sedins) which I love and ate too much...but at least it soaks up the vodka....

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to a wedding Saturday evening. Services were on the beach which was great and the reception was nearby and a real good time. One of the appetizers during the cocktail hour was Swedish meatballs (no not the Sedins) which I love and ate too much...but at least it soaks up the vodka....

I was on a work trip all last week through Central and Northern CA, we stopped at the BIL's house in Santa Cruz (actually Boulder Creek) on Friday.

Wednesday I was in San Luis Obispo and met up with a long-time poster from the ESPN boards, DataCloud. He lives up there and I we have met up a few times over the last 10-12 years. We ate here:

http://www.firestonegrill.com/

I got the pulled pork sammich, delicious.

Thursday I ate lunch here:

https://slosals.com/

I got the Burn, Burn Burn. Good sammich.

Few things: first off, Northern CA is beautiful. The trees and greenery is something else. Secondly, there are way too many hippies. Keep that BS to yourself, I don't give two craps about questions like "is there fiction in reality?" while I'm devouring my dinner, you homeless looking tree hugger. Get a job and take a shower, you smell like shit.

We went to the Wharf in Santa Cruz Friday and I had a bread bowl clam chowder from Stagnaro's:

The Best Seafood Restaurant in Santa Cruz | Stagnaro Bros

That was a late lunch, at 3:00/3:30pm or so. And if that wasn't enough, we went to the Boulder Creek Brewery for dinner at 6:30pm:

https://www.facebook.com/bouldercreekbrewery

I got the three filet medallions (medium rare, more on the rare side), garlic mashed potatoes, steamed veggies, and a cabernet and coke. Destroyed the whole plate.

Today: Red Baron frozen pizza for lunch and a cream filled chocolate donut and coffee for breakfast. Meals of champions, baby.

Mrs. Puck is making sauteed chicken with cream sauce and rice with veggies as I type - at least I'll eat something decent today.

Last edited by a moderator:

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was on a work trip all last week through Central and Northern CA, we stopped at the BIL's house in Santa Cruz (actually Boulder Creek) on Friday.

Wednesday I was in San Luis Obispo and met up with a long-time poster from the ESPN boards, DataCloud. He lives up there and I we have met up a few times over the last 10-12 years. We ate here:

Firestone Grill | Main Street Grill | Dog House Grill

I got the pulled pork sammich, delicious.

Thursday I ate lunch here:

https://slosals.com/

I got the Burn, Burn Burn. Good sammich.

Few things: first off, Northern CA is beautiful. The trees and greenery is something else. Secondly, there are way too many hippies. Keep that BS to yourself, I don't give two craps about questions like "is there fiction in reality?" while I'm devouring my dinner, you homeless looking tree hugger. Get a job and take a shower, you smell like shit.
QUOTE]

You could have worked with me in NYC back in the day....wall street in the 80s...

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could have worked with me in NYC back in the day....wall street in the 80s...

I actually entertained being a stockbroker when I was a kid but somehow that dream disappeared. Not sure how, just one day woke up and it was gone.

Damn shame too, I would have made Gordon Gecko proud. I'm a capitalist and conservative by nature and don't tolerate excessive libtards.

Ironic I live in the state with arguably most of them.

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually entertained being a stockbroker when I was a kid but somehow that dream disappeared. Not sure how, just one day woke up and it was gone.

Damn shame too, I would have made Gordon Gecko proud. I'm a capitalist and conservative by nature and don't tolerate excessive libtards.

Ironic I live in the state with arguably most of them.

IB is more fun than stockbroking. That said I morphed into insurance company financing years ago. Very "calm" by comparison

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IB is more fun than stockbroking. That said I morphed into insurance company financing years ago. Very "calm" by comparison

Two quick things:

- insurance has come up recently quite a bit as a topic of conversation in personal circles. So much so that I have started to entertain the idea of getting my licenses and perhaps going into it, agents/brokers make a killing on policies. However, my concern is I am 39 years old with a family of 6 to support and I don't know what ramp up period is involved. Is this is a realistic possibility for me or has my time passed?

- I just ran across a few folks who do factoring. Is that that what insurance financing is kind of like?

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does take a while to build a book of business. You might want to see if you can get in part time, maybe evenings. See if you can catch on with some established agents. Sometimes an older gut who wants to ease out to part time himself.

Factoring is really receivables financing. My stuff is really alternative financing for insurance products and actually lining up financing for insurance acquisitions, Now I'm with a firm that wholesales life insurance, Annuities and has a captive broker dealer for independent agents,

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vfxlJuz.jpg

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got the kids, the Mrs. is in school - I'm thinking pizza night because I'm too tired to cook.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does take a while to build a book of business. You might want to see if you can get in part time, maybe evenings. See if you can catch on with some established agents. Sometimes an older gut who wants to ease out to part time himself.

Factoring is really receivables financing. My stuff is really alternative financing for insurance products and actually lining up financing for insurance acquisitions, Now I'm with a firm that wholesales life insurance, Annuities and has a captive broker dealer for independent agents,

Thanks for the advice, I will definitely seek that out. I wouldn't mind trying it PT and see if it can take off from there.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds about right at a Duck game, Mrs. Puck took Junior I to the Ducks Sharks preseason game a few Saturdays ago and she sported my # 19 Avery and Junior wore his black home plate jersey.

She got some funny looks but no one really said anything, she just wanted to piss them off. Mission accomplished.

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to Applebees with some folks from work for lunch. Had some Southwest Chicken soup. Surprisingly tasty

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Work cafe now makes Boars Head sandwiches.
It is just like the old build it yourself sandwich bar but at twice the price.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little bagel shop here in YL carries Boar's Head. It's good, but not worth what they charge.

There is no way a ham and cheese sammich should cost me close to $9.