• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'd like a Tuna Sandwich

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went Asian fusion with the family last night. I had some really good sushi for main course but with 5 of us we got a bunch of appetizers which was fun. Had Taiwanese dumpling, Shrimp ShuMai, the Dragon ball (crabmeat wrapped in avocado with eel sauce), Shanghai spring rolls....yum

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went Asian fusion with the family last night. I had some really good sushi for main course but with 5 of us we got a bunch of appetizers which was fun. Had Taiwanese dumpling, Shrimp ShuMai, the Dragon ball (crabmeat wrapped in avocado with eel sauce), Shanghai spring rolls....yum

Sounds good. I wish my kids had advanced palettes, they wouldn't even sniff that for dinner. So difficult just coming up with a dinner plan nightly because the 4 of them have essentially 4 different tastes so we're limited to meals that a majority of them will eat but mom and dad aren't too thrilled with constantly.

Looking up ham casserole recipes online right now for tonight, we have a bunch of leftover ham from a quaint community place here called Stefano's Golden Bakes Hams (www.stefanoshams.com). Placed the order on Dec 17 for a CE pickup and at 9:30am the pick up line was already 150 deep and I waited 50 minutes until my turn. Cost is comparable too, I got a 8-9 lb ham for $65 and it's pretty damn good, it fed about 5 adults and 4 kids.

If you're ever in this area you MUST stop in - the ham is high quality, blows anything away from Honey Baked or some other brand and their sammiches, artisan soups and breads, sides, etc. are nothing short of fantastic. The Mrs. used the bone and whatever ham was left on it and made homemade ham bone soup Friday night with beans, carrots, potatoes, onions, etc. and it's great.

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds good. I wish my kids had advanced palettes, they wouldn't even sniff that for dinner. So difficult just coming up with a dinner plan nightly because the 4 of them have essentially 4 different tastes so we're limited to meals that a majority of them will eat but mom and dad aren't too thrilled with constantly.

Looking up ham casserole recipes online right now for tonight, we have a bunch of leftover ham from a quaint community place here called Stefano's Golden Bakes Hams (www.stefanoshams.com). Placed the order on Dec 17 for a CE pickup and at 9:30am the pick up line was already 150 deep and I waited 50 minutes until my turn. Cost is comparable too, I got a 8-9 lb ham for $65 and it's pretty damn good, it fed about 5 adults and 4 kids.

If you're ever in this area you MUST stop in - the ham is high quality, blows anything away from Honey Baked or some other brand and their sammiches, artisan soups and breads, sides, etc. are nothing short of fantastic. The Mrs. used the bone and whatever ham was left on it and made homemade ham bone soup Friday night with beans, carrots, potatoes, onions, etc. and it's great.

My kids are older (college) so you have hope for the future.

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't had a good tuna sammich for a while, maybe go to Tastee Subs tomorrow.

and F Anaheim

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes two of us, maybe I'll have the Mrs. make me some - she makes a kick ass tuna salad although her egg salad is my favorite on sourdough.

I don't eat at Arby's much (you guys have those out there still? I remember we did in OH but that was between 1975-1986 when I lived there) so I went 2 weeks ago when I was at the office. Decided to order a Reuben, and it was one of the worst sammiches I have ever had.

Pretty pissed considering the meal was close to $9.00.

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes two of us, maybe I'll have the Mrs. make me some - she makes a kick ass tuna salad although her egg salad is my favorite on sourdough.

I don't eat at Arby's much (you guys have those out there still? I remember we did in OH but that was between 1975-1986 when I lived there) so I went 2 weeks ago when I was at the office. Decided to order a Reuben, and it was one of the worst sammiches I have ever had.

Pretty pissed considering the meal was close to $9.00.

We still have Arby's....not a fan

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had lunch brought in today...a salad bar... can you believe it a friggin' salad bar. What happened to the good old days of pizza, cheesesteaks, Chinese food etc.
To say I am outraged is a understatement

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A nice smoked turkey with swiss and avocado on a multigrain bun today.

Very tasty and damn near healthy!

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a classic sammich the other day. Philly Cheesesteak wit Wiz & Long Hots from Tony Luke's. Side of Broccoli Rabe....yum

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For any of you in the O.C. if you like Chicago Style Pizza. Give Tonys Little Italy a shot. Pretty darn good pizza. If you do, do yourself a favor and call your order in. Takes about an hour for the pizza to get done.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puck, if you are ever in the Chino Hills location, you should swing by Roscos deli. Its a sandwich joint. They have a bomb reuben sandwich there. WELCOME TO ROSCOE'S FAMOUS DELI

Chino Hills isn't too far away from me (YL), and I pass through there when I go to Upland to corp about twice a week for a few hours (jump on the 71 to Central and take that up). I'll definitely hit it up, I have heard it's a pretty good place.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For any of you in the O.C. if you like Chicago Style Pizza. Give Tonys Little Italy a shot. Pretty darn good pizza. If you do, do yourself a favor and call your order in. Takes about an hour for the pizza to get done.

Fullerton? Have heard about this place.

No "the" in "OC". Just sayin'.

=)~~

Welcome to the boards!

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was cleaning up the kitchen, dining and family room last night after the wife and 3 kids went down, the oldest one and I went OCD and got a lot of shit done from sweeping to wiping to steaming the wood floors.

Kiddo got hungry about 10:15pm and we busted out a bag of pork pot stickers I bought from Sprouts. Gotta say these things were pretty good for being prepackaged shit.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
had left over prime rib from Savannah chop house.
when i it in the restaurant it was very rare. heated it up today, still good.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We didn't feel like making Christmas dinner this year so we pre-ordered from Stefano's in YL. If you haven't tried this place yet (haven't I mentioned this before?) you seriously need to.

The ham blows Honey Baked away, it's a local business and their sides and other creations are phenomenal. We got a 8 pound ham, 6 sides and an extra for about $150. Total steal considering we would have had to buy everything and then cook it too.

First year we have ever done it, doubt it'll become the norm but was a nice change for once.