• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'd like a Tuna Sandwich

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had some shredded Chicken with Hot Peppers for lunch over rice. Very good.

Had BBQ teriyaki chicken tonight, rice, broccoli and corn on the cob. It was freaking 104º here today at 4:30pm and cooled down to a whopping 98º when I was grilling about 6:15pm. Heat wave has hit here intermittently the last few weeks.

Mrs. Puck makes this great chicken recipe, it's about a cup of fresh shredded cheddar mixed with a bag of crushed Ritz crackers and some garlic salt, salt and pepper. Get some chicken, egg wash, throw it in the bag to coat it and then bake at 350.

It's freaking phenomenal, not to mention kid friendly.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real Tacoz tonight, the closest to authentic Mexican street tacos you'll get in Yorba Linda, Land of Gracious Living and one of the richest cities in the US per capita. Lots of old white, wealthy folks (not sure what I'm doing living here) so none of the dumpy taquerias are anywhere within in a 20 miles radius in any direction.

I have to travel to Santa Ana (Stabba Ana, or "the arm pit of Orange County" as it is affectionately known) or parts of Fullerton or Placentia to get authentic tacos. So authentic the dude making them for me doesn't speak English and is probably an illegal.

Real Tacoz is decent but not true authentic - 7 carne asada with green sauce, cilantro and onion.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a nice grilled shrimp wrap on the boardwalk in Point Pleasant Beach today for lunch...a lovely day

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had Oreo cookies and fish sticks. Not quite what I wanted but the Mrs. is down with the same flu I had 3 weeks ago (but no one was home that day so I was by myself and she took care of the kids that night while I lost 15 pounds from sweat - no joke), I am trying to work, watch a 3½ year old and a 17 month old and get personal stuff done too in the process.

Needless to say, not getting a lot of work done and it sucks because Mondays set the tone for me for the rest of the week.

Last edited by a moderator:

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had Oreo cookies and fish sticks. Not quite what I wanted but the Mrs. is down with the same flu I had 3 weeks ago (but no one was home that day so I was by myself and she took care of the kids that night while I lost 15 pounds from sweat - no joke), I am trying to work, watch a 3½ year old and a 17 month old and get personal stuff done too in the process.

Needless to say, not getting a lot of work done and it sucks because Mondays set the tone for me for the rest of the week.

Those are both things I like...just not together.

Seriously hope everyone feels better soon!

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang, tacos sound good right about now. I am in Pomona, so there are plenty of spots to get authentic tacos.
Puck, have you tried Pieology yet? That place is pretty good. Its like a Subway but for pizzas. Not bad prices either. I know with your brood eating out can get costly.
Sorry Devil, don't see any in Jersey.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang, tacos sound good right about now. I am in Pomona, so there are plenty of spots to get authentic tacos.

I cruise through Pomona for a minute when I go into the office (Monday and Fridays, 8-12. Office is in Upland) since I get off the 71 at Valley (I think? Right where it ends at the 10) when I take it all the way up instead of exiting Central and taking that all the way up.

Noticed there are a lot of taquerias and such around, I need to check some of them out. Mrs. Puck goes to Cal Poly for her Masters and we have gone a few times with the kids to get some lab work done for her and she swears there are some really good places to eat around there.

Puck, have you tried Pieology yet? That place is pretty good. Its like a Subway but for pizzas. Not bad prices either. I know with your brood eating out can get costly.
Sorry Devil, don't see any in Jersey.

Have not, but I have seen it. Been on my to do list for some time, hopefully soon.

Eating out can definitely get expensive for 6, but we look for deals too. Marie Calendar's for example, kids eat free on Tuesday and Saturday with purchase of one paid adult. The youngest one (18 months old at the end of the month, Pucky Jr. II) is a handful, he is the worst kid of any of the 4. I joke and say if he came first, none of the other three would be here. Gets into everything, super curious, destroys everything, terrorizes the cat and the dog, etc. and the middle two (3 and 4) need to be kept in check at restaurants.

I don't like having to spend $85-100 to have a crappy dining experience so it makes sense for us to do this (worst one ever was Lucille's BBQ in Brea when the two middle ones were almost 2 and 18 months - we sat down, ordered $140 worth of food for the 5 of us, they were screaming and causing problems, multiple trips outside with them to calm them down and not to piss off other patrons, etc. We cashed out and left within an hour, which included the wait. I was pissed).

It's gotten better the last year or so, so we venture out more but yes, it can add up to we do so with discretion. To me it's more the experience than the money, I am fortunate I am in a position to support a family of 6 (Mrs. Puck has been a stay at home mom/student since January) but I enjoy my meals and hate when the kids make it a miserable experience.

The oldest one (9 in October) is just fine, it's the other three being so close in age.

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live off of the 71/60 and my office is in La Verne. Most of the good Mexican food places are the ones that you would think twice before going in.

I cant imagine what it would be like having to pack up 4 kids and getting everything ready whenever you wanted to leave the house and grab a bite to eat.
I have two stepkids but they are grown so I was fortunate to not have to deal with diaper bags etc..

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went for sushi last night with my daughter, half price rolls on Tuesday at our favorite place...we split; Eel & Avocado, Spicy Shrimp, Snow Crab, Spicy Salmon & Sweet Potato

very good and quite satisfying.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live off of the 71/60 and my office is in La Verne. Most of the good Mexican food places are the ones that you would think twice before going in.

Those are always the best places for Mexican food.

I walked into a place in Downey last year and there were caballeros sitting in there having full blown conversations in Spanish, drinking beers and downing tacos. This place was so suspect I bet the health department doesn't even know it exists.

Needless to say...one of the best Mexican meals I have ever had.

I cant imagine what it would be like having to pack up 4 kids and getting everything ready whenever you wanted to leave the house and grab a bite to eat.
I have two stepkids but they are grown so I was fortunate to not have to deal with diaper bags etc..

It's a chore, man. If we have a day planned, you're looking at a 15-20 minute process getting everyone and everything into the truck. Even longer if the kids are in a mood and aren't cooperating.

And it's not just eating, I'm talking simple tasks like loading/unloading the kids when I pick them up from school, preschool, daycare, etc. It takes about a good 7-8 minutes to get everybody buckled in (only my oldest can do that by herself. My youngest daughter can do it sometimes, but it depends on which seat she sits in. My oldest son can't and my youngest one obviously can't) and I just removed the rear facing seat from the second row because Jr. II is huge - he outgrew that thing before he was 1 - so now I have two forward facing ones in the middle row and a booster in the third row but having 4 seats in the car was a sight to see.

And the cargo area in my truck is packed - porta potty, 4 folding chairs, beach umbrella, pop up, diaper bag, blankets, a single and a double stroller. I have one small bin with my work materials but other than that I can't even get a good grocery trip back there, I have to use the front seat or find places to put the bags. AND I HAVE A FREAKING SUBURBAN!!!

I'm sure it'll get easier as they get older but right now it can get frustrating at times. But kids will be kids.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went for sushi last night with my daughter, half price rolls on Tuesday at our favorite place...we split; Eel & Avocado, Spicy Shrimp, Snow Crab, Spicy Salmon & Sweet Potato

very good and quite satisfying.

Just had lunch, some crazy tempura roll that had salmon, cream cheese, crab, tuna, jalapenos and other stuff in it. This place called Blue Fin Sushi & Teriyaki in Claremont, recommended by my boss.

Not too bad.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had some outstanding Indian food this weekend in DC!

Funk dat. I'm of Middle Eastern descent and my mom used to make authentic food when I was growing up. My sister, her and my dad ate that stuff up. Me? She had to go back to the kitchen and make me a grilled cheese sammich and green beans. It's pretty sad when a ton of my friends, who are white, ask me if they can come to my mom's so they can eat but I'll stop and get a burger before we head in.

Just not a fan of the food, mainly because while I can handle some zing on foods too much and my insides hurt. Throat, stomach, etc. not to mention ass blaster 5000 3 hours later. Thus I tend to stick with mild food that isn't too spicy although now and again I'll do it. I love jalapenos, and get them on my pizza and burgers (had a business lunch yesterday and got the pepperjack burger at a place in Newport called Skosh Monahan's - my favorite cheese, jalapenos and bacon. I damn near creamed my pants when I saw it on the menu) but the deal with them is you never know what they'll be like. Some are duds, some are hotter than hell. I like the taste and texture so I risk it every time.

Went off the map and tried something new today for dinner - tuna/cherry wood bacon/sweet potato patties with cilantro, green onion, garlic, eggs and I fried them in the bacon grease. Peas, French bread and rice on the side.

Holy hell...delicious.

Last edited by a moderator:

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funk dat. I'm of Middle Eastern descent and my mom used to make authentic food when I was growing up. My sister, her and my dad ate that stuff up. Me? She had to go back to the kitchen and make me a grilled cheese sammich and green beans. It's pretty sad when a ton of my friends, who are white, ask me if they can come to my mom's so they can eat but I'll stop and get a burger before we head in.

Just not a fan of the food, mainly because while I can handle some zing on foods too much and my insides hurt. Throat, stomach, etc. not to mention ass blaster 5000 3 hours later. Thus I tend to stick with mild food that isn't too spicy although now and again I'll do it. I love jalapenos, and get them on my pizza and burgers (had a business lunch yesterday and got the pepperjack burger at a place in Newport called Skosh Monahan's - my favorite cheese, jalapenos and bacon. I damn near creamed my pants when I saw it on the menu) but the deal with them is you never know what they'll be like. Some are duds, some are hotter than hell. I like the taste and texture so I risk it every time.

Went off the map and tried something new today for dinner - tuna/cherry wood bacon/sweet potato patties with cilantro, green onion, garlic, eggs and I fried them in the bacon grease. Peas, French bread and rice on the side.

Holy hell...delicious.

Gotcha...I love spicy food but when I go for Indian or Thai I tell them mild....which is usually quite hot!

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha...I love spicy food but when I go for Indian or Thai I tell them mild....which is usually quite hot!

Mrs. Puck is the spicy food eater in this house. We go visit my mom with the kids and she mows down all that stuff, she shops for it, when out for lunch with friends or whatever she seeks places like that out. No thanks!

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won the raffle in the my weekly networking group today - $25 gift card to In N Out. There is a god.