• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Was Not Impressed

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm we are forgetting we didn't have our 2 studs in Smith and our all pro lb bowman.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just focusing on the defense with most starters in (three games), yeah i agree they don't look 'vaunted' at all?

also don't think we can easily write it off to the pre-season, so while i still think we'll have a good D, it won't be rock solid like last season.

We return everyone so how won't it be rock solid after watching a pre seasons game when we were missing 2/4 starting linebackers, give me a break

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not worried about the defense. Its preseason for one and also we play one of the best offenses week one. I think Fangio is cooking up exotic things for GB and he probably could care less what happened in preseason as long as we come out of preseason relatively healthy that is the biggest win we can get

Well said, this is exactly what I was getting at.
:frusty:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't have been all the starters bc I'm pretty sure Aldon didn't play, but did Bowman and Brown play? Looked like Grant was out there with some starters and I didn't see Brown in highlights...

Aldon Smith has never been a starter. He is a situational pass rusher.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, really,they were not showing anything. Dont get caught up in the preseason, we all want football so bad that we will treat the preseason with more clout than its worth. Yeah we didnt look like last season form, but We will be fine. Bowman never took a snap neither did aldon, so we had half of our LB core. Their was alot of different things that made us look bad, Brock did have a terrible day. All in all though I think we will be fine once we start throwing plays down. We did everything possible not to show our hand

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone else think this was funny? After the Hanie interception, we ran the ball twice, Alex threw away the one pass attempt, and then we had a field goal. The camera then showed Alex, to which the announcers then said, "Alex Smith put together a drive that netted three points." It was obviously just the announcer talking because of the camera prompt, but it sounded like he was giving Alex credit for those three points when he did nothing but hand off the ball and not throw an interception. (Not hilarious, obviously, but at the time I thought it was funny.)

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone else think this was funny? After the Hanie interception, we ran the ball twice, Alex threw away the one pass attempt, and then we had a field goal. The camera then showed Alex, to which the announcers then said, "Alex Smith put together a drive that netted three points." It was obviously just the announcer talking because of the camera prompt, but it sounded like he was giving Alex credit for those three points when he did nothing but hand off the ball and not throw an interception. (Not hilarious, obviously, but at the time I thought it was funny.)

Funny "haha" or funny "queer"?

I noted it and thought to myself, "STFU Chris (think it as him)."

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All the starters for the first three series which went FG, TD, TD.

Not right. Aldon and Bowman didn't play at all. Neither did Culliver if you talk about non starters. As far as offense goes for those that didn't see the game, Jacobs obviously didn't play and Manningham and Walker didn't play either.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And for the Broncos they didn't have D.J. Williams on defense. They were without Chris Kuper on offense.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for the Broncos they didn't have D.J. Williams on defense. They were without Chris Kuper on offense.

Nice Pozz...pretty please become a beat writer for the 9ers...I'm so tired of all the mindless drivel that pukes out of the fingers of most.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny "haha" or funny "queer"?

I noted it and thought to myself, "STFU Chris (think it as him)."

Like what you said. I thought it was a dumb comment. But I know I would make so many dumb comments each game I'd be fired before the kickoff.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like what you said. I thought it was a dumb comment. But I know I would make so many dumb comments each game I'd be fired before the kickoff.

Collinsworthless...such a waste of sound pouring into my ears and invading my brain. I would rather listen to a one armed man clap for 3 hours.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
We were even worse in preseason last year and we know how that season turned out so our preseason performance doesn't overly concern me.

Some teams are preseason teams and some just aren't. Packers and Patriots haven't exactly blown up and dominated the preseason either but I don't think anyone believes they are heading for 8-8 seasons.

We just fall under that don't care about preseason category because it seems Harbaugh has no intentions of tipping his hat at all. I mean we had 16 passing attempts the whole entire game which is an extremely low number even for a conservative offense so that tells me Harbaugh does all his work in practice and not in the preseason games.

On defense the only one that concerns me a bit is Rodgers but other than that I didn't really see anything that stuck out to me as something to be concerned about during the regular season.

Brock somehow singled handily made the defense look worse than it actually was and it would be a concern if he wasn't the 5th CB on our roster and should hopefully rarely see any regular season action. Brock was second on the defense in tackles this game with 6 which shows you how badly picked on he was this game.

To put it in perspective here's the box score of our 3rd preseason game at home against the Texans last season.

Preaseaon 2011 Texans vs 49ers

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collinsworthless...such a waste of sound pouring into my ears and invading my brain. I would rather listen to a one armed man clap for 3 hours.

I thought the announcers were Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, and Terry Bradshaw. I thought the dumb comment was Joe Buck (or Aikman), but it doesn't matter. Not worth going back to check. Collinsworth is annoying sometimes, though.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Pre-Season - Just because it doesn't count doesn't mean it doesn't matter"