• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grades/Game Balls

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A tale of two halves. Too bad we couldn't halt the game after the 1st half.

QB: B
Mitch threw two INTs, altho the first one really wasn't all that costly. What he may have lacked in the passing game tonite, he made up for it running the ball. He looked like a QB who is becoming more and more comfortable back there. He looked like he was completely in command, those two INTs notwithstanding.

RB: C+
The running game was sharper in the first half, then stalled some after Minny made the second half adjustments. Still, it was obvious from the outset that Nagy wanted to run the ball against the Vikes, as the 39 total rushes confirms. Cohen had a nice run for a 1st down when it was 2nd and 21, but his fumble later in the game was costly.

WR/TE: B-
Nothing special tonite, but nothing bad either, and that TD snatch by Miller inches off the ground was sweet. Burton was all but invisible. So cool that Shaheen caught the pass for the last 2 point conversion.

OL: B+
The Vikes have a strong, aggressive defense, so the fact that the OL did a yeoman's job of protecting Mitch is a credit to their efforts.

DL: A
The DL was pushing their opposition back for much of the night and did an excellent job of containing the run. They also put pressure on Cousins, especially in the first half.

LB: B
Outside of the Mack Attack, there wasn't a lot of noise from our LB corps. I though that penalty against Smith, which kept the Vikes drive alive, was bullshit.

Secondary: A-
Our secondary did a decent job at keeping the league's top WR tandem relatively at bay, altho Diggs broke out in the 2nd half. Two gimme INTs, one by Amos, the other a pick 6 by Jackson, were killer. Fuller had a nice game overall.

ST: A
Parkey made all 3 FGs, including that all important final shot, which pretty much put the game out of reach. No glaring returns by the Vikes, so overall a solid game by this group.

Coaching: B-
I'd give them an A for the first half, a C- for the second. I like that Nagy wanted to control the game on the ground and keep the Vikes D off kilter. Disappointed in the 2nd half adjustments on our side.

Game balls:
Defense: Hicks, Jackson, Mack
Offense: Trubisky (despite the two picks, he had total command tonite)

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lb grade a bit off. Floyd had himself a very nice game. No, none of the Hollywood plays, but run stuffs, tackling Wr down field, put pressure on Cousins leading to the Amos int., etc...

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed all around pretty much. And i agree that Floyd has been sneaky good. He's not a major impact player but i bet Fangio would peg him as one of his most important players for his versatility.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parkey kicking the kickoff out of bounds should be a demerit. A-, at least.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lb grade a bit off. Floyd had himself a very nice game. No, none of the Hollywood plays, but run stuffs, tackling Wr down field, put pressure on Cousins leading to the Amos int., etc...
Well I thought a B was a fair grade, but if you thought they played a better game, that's cool.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I thought a B was a fair grade, but if you thought they played a better game, that's cool.
It's all good, I enjoyed the read, just thought I would add my 2c worth.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed all around pretty much. And i agree that Floyd has been sneaky good. He's not a major impact player but i bet Fangio would peg him as one of his most important players for his versatility.
I know and agree. Floyd's problem is more perception than anything. When you're taken with the #9 pick in the draft as an edge rusher, everyone immediately thinks sacks, sacks, and sacks. But Fangio utilizes his versatility in other ways that don't portend to rack up the sack numbers. Based on what his role has been, I think Floyd has played his position well. How this translates to when his rookie contract is up and what the Bears have for him in their long term plans remains to be seen.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this..3 of 3, with the last one being a game-sealer from 48.

I'll let the kickoff slide. Big redemption game for Parkey.
I think I got caught up in the fact that not only did Parkey score 100% on his FG/PAT, but our STs really played solid ball overall. Still, it did slip my mind during my grades writeup that the one KO went out of bounds, so I understand the partial grade deduction.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parkey kicking the kickoff out of bounds should be a demerit. A-, at least.

And I'm wondering that f orst 2 or conversion was a punishment to Parkey for the OB kick......Not sure that it was,but it looks that way to me....
Not sure why we would have for 2 to get us to 11......Made no sense.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our LBs played very well. They should have gotten an A. Roquan is becoming so good and Trevathan is having his best year.