• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Was Not Impressed

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the third pre season game is supposed to be the one where you see what you really have then the 49ers are in big trouble.

Pass defense = F. Way too passive. Manning ate them alive
Pass Rush = D-. Nom pressure at all.
Run defense = D. Ran through the 49ers like butter

Run Offense = F. Offensive line is a joke. Gore is sloooooow.
Pass offense = C. Couple of nice plays by Crabntree and a nice TD to Davis but basically inneffective against Denvers first team defense.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the team has no intensity in the preseason. i don't think the coaches even gameplan during the preseason.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the team has no intensity in the preseason. i don't think the coaches even gameplan during the preseason.

Judging from how intense Harbaugh gets on the sidelines I tend to believe he does care what is going on between the goal posts. Just a thought.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Judging from how intense Harbaugh gets on the sidelines I tend to believe he does care what is going on between the goal posts. Just a thought.

harbaugh seems pretty chill whenever the camera is on him.

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we play the packers week one so don't expect nothing but pure talent in this preseason that's it line up and run plays ... but Sept 09 th it will be a different story please believe

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deep breath...they're evaluating players and playing Vanilla O and D with white chocolate sauce, macadamia nuts, and white sprinkles on top.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think SF will be fine during the regular season because on a SF running play in the 4th Qtr I saw Sop completely level one of the Broncos defenders. You can tell the skill is there on the field, and once they've begun focusing on winning versus focusing on correctly executing basic plays, the Niners will be knockin' teams down left and right.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i didn't see the game. what starters on defense actually played and for how long did they play? from the highlights it seemed like we sat a lot of guys on D

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
just focusing on the defense with most starters in (three games), yeah i agree they don't look 'vaunted' at all?

also don't think we can easily write it off to the pre-season, so while i still think we'll have a good D, it won't be rock solid like last season.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D looked like one of the dumb chicks faces on"Real Housewives Orange County"...no wrinkles. Well be fine once Fangio goes Bobby Fisher on opposing offenses' asses with our linebacking coorps.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed, but I think it is more the players; especially Carlos Rogers; he looks like his old self again.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deep breath...they're evaluating players and playing Vanilla O and D with white chocolate sauce, macadamia nuts, and white sprinkles on top.

But the first quarter was starters vs. starters and Manning, McGahee and the Denver O Line destroyed the 49ers.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didn't see the game. what starters on defense actually played and for how long did they play? from the highlights it seemed like we sat a lot of guys on D

All the starters for the first three series which went FG, TD, TD.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just focusing on the defense with most starters in (three games), yeah i agree they don't look 'vaunted' at all?

also don't think we can easily write it off to the pre-season, so while i still think we'll have a good D, it won't be rock solid like last season.

They'll play hard but the lack of talent in the secondary is going to hurt and the pass rush started doing the dance again at the line of scrimmage with no pressure.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but I think it is more the players; especially Carlos Rogers; he looks like his old self again.

I think you might be underestimating how much players benefit from film study and schemes. For example, Rogers credited his INTs against both Tampa and NY last year to exactly that, prepared coaching and film study.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
All the starters for the first three series which went FG, TD, TD.

Couldn't have been all the starters bc I'm pretty sure Aldon didn't play, but did Bowman and Brown play? Looked like Grant was out there with some starters and I didn't see Brown in highlights...

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't have been all the starters bc I'm pretty sure Aldon didn't play, but did Bowman and Brown play? Looked like Grant was out there with some starters and I didn't see Brown in highlights...

I know Bowman sat out I am pretty sure Brown did play but don't remember him making any plays

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not worried about the defense. Its preseason for one and also we play one of the best offenses week one. I think Fangio is cooking up exotic things for GB and he probably could care less what happened in preseason as long as we come out of preseason relatively healthy that is the biggest win we can get