• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Love Trades: Rumor Time

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really??? that's nutso. I didn't think Milbury was on HNIC this week.
Hemsky does have sick hands, but is a fragile UFA rental, who may or may not thrive on a new team.
this year, scoring at a 0.5 ppg pace (ie. 41 points if healthy all season)

While the Wings lineup would give him the best shot at that success, but I can't see anything higher than a 3rd rounder for him. maybe a 2nd if there's a "bidding war"

Supposedly before the Oilers & Kings made the Penner deal, the Oilers offered Hemsky to the Kings. They wanted Brayden Schenn. The Oilers think VERY HIGHLY of their INJURY RIDDLED FLOATER.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly before the Oilers & Kings made the Penner deal, the Oilers offered Hemsky to the Kings. They wanted Brayden Schenn. The Oilers think VERY HIGHLY of their INJURY RIDDLED FLOATER.

Brayden Schenn? The guy who was traded for Mike Richards (with others, but still)? HAHHHHHHHHHHH

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BuffaloNews reports the #Sabres will be sellers at the deadline. If trying to bribe 29 teams into taking Ville Leino is considered "selling

heard Aaron Ward drop Tyler Myers name as a guy who might be moved

Keith Ballard has really picked up his game lately, sabres fans :)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BuffaloNews reports the #Sabres will be sellers at the deadline. If trying to bribe 29 teams into taking Ville Leino is considered "selling

If you're a team that's selling, why trade away a promising young player who isn't terribly expensive yet? That's the sort of player you try to bring back in a "selling" trade. I don't buy it. Myers is a guy the Sabres should be holding onto, buyers or sellers.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're a team that's selling, why trade away a promising young player who isn't terribly expensive yet? That's the sort of player you try to bring back in a "selling" trade. I don't buy it. Myers is a guy the Sabres should be holding onto, buyers or sellers.

yah i dont believe it either ... but he will be a 5.5 mill cap hit next year ... and theres very little cap room next year the way things stand right now

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah i dont believe it either ... but he will be a 5.5 mill cap hit next year ... and theres very little cap room next year the way things stand right now

Wow, I didn't realize he was that expensive already. Of course, given his age and talents, assuming he gets better as he gets older (which I consider a fair assumption), he'll be market value next year and a bargain for the rest of that contract.

Front offices like bargain players. Especially really talented bargain players.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the Sabres are selling Myers makes no sense.

I expect Derek Roy, Robyn Regehr, Jordan Leopold & Brad Boyes to be available though. The problem is other than Boyes the players above have at least 1 season left on their contracts after this season. No team is going to acquire Leino unless it's something like Ballard for Leino straight up.:D:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing some rumors of Skillsy Hal Gill possibly to the Pens. Not sure why, unless it's with the plan to move one of our other defensemen (one of Lovejoy, Niskanen, Engelland) for other pieces, but worth noting.

EDIT: Keep in mind this was a Garrioch rumor.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing some rumors of Skillsy Hal Gill possibly to the Pens. Not sure why, unless it's with the plan to move one of our other defensemen (one of Lovejoy, Niskanen, Engelland) for other pieces, but worth noting.

EDIT: Keep in mind this was a Garrioch rumor.

Gill will be available because he's a UFA at the end of the year & defenseman are going to be at a premium.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gill will be available because he's a UFA at the end of the year & defenseman are going to be at a premium.

Oh, he'll be a HUGE pickup for any contender. Honestly, the thought of him on any of those top teams in the East (NYR, Philly, Boston) who would all benefit from his services, is frightening.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hal Still has been named on multiple occassions by Jagr as the toughest defender he's ever played against.

It's that simple, Flyers get him, they win the Cup.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hal Still has been named on multiple occassions by Jagr as the toughest defender he's ever played against.

wanted them to sign him last year..

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jussi Jokinen and Tuomo Ruutu for Justin Braun, 1st Round pick in 2012 and Torrey Mitchell (just for cap reasons) please!!!

This would also assume that Niitty has been traded as well. Poor guy got a rotten deal by the Sharks, but the dude just can't stay healthy.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jussi Jokinen and Tuomo Ruutu for Justin Braun, 1st Round pick in 2012 and Torrey Mitchell (just for cap reasons) please!!!

This would also assume that Niitty has been traded as well. Poor guy got a rotten deal by the Sharks, but the dude just can't stay healthy.

Why would the Canes trade Jokinen? Braun & a 1st round pick would get Ruutu I imagine.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My God I wish it was that easy

....but if you say so, next year's 1st for Gill. DO IT HOMER

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hm, jvr in the list of top 6 forwards that could be available... interesting