• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Love Trades: Rumor Time

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Botchford went at him this morning ... and its fair to say Bieksa has stretches where he plays like he has checked out

"Jannik Hansen is playing like he's retired ... did i miss the ceremony" lol

the listeners/tweeters are going after Kesler right now

Im awaiting the Kesler for Shea Weber trade rumours in 3 ... 2 ...

3 ... 2 ... 1.5 ...

Kesler with interesting + cryptic comments today in response to AV's post-game remarks about him last night

3 ... 2 ... 1 ... BOOM!!!!

JasonPHT Jason Brough
@ @BotchonCanucks @blakeprice1040 Just for fun, would you trade Kesler for Weber?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
especially after feaster said this today

"Ownership's intention is this player will finish his career with the Flames," Feaster said. "There is no appetite to trade Jarome Iginla."

and i agree with Friedman that its fear as much as it is nostalgia that ownership doesnt want to even go there

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
canadas version of eklund is @HockeyBreak

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Kypreos says Hemsky to Detroit is pretty close to being done.

From the west's perspective, that's the worst place for him to go.
they are deep enough that he doesn't have to carry the load, and have a whole whack of different talent they can try him out with.
he's still an awfully slick player.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

they are deep enough that he doesn't have to carry the load, and have a whole whack of different talent they can try him out with.

Perhaps the inevitable reduced playing time will help him stay healthy, too.

He'll likely be very productive in Detroit if this gets done.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They said yesterday on Hot Stove that Holland was concerned about Hemsky's shoulder. Personally I wouldn't even consider acquiring Hemsky. He's an injury waiting to happen. If they give up anything significant it's stupid.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said yesterday on Hot Stove that Holland was concerned about Hemsky's shoulder. Personally I wouldn't even consider acquiring Hemsky. He's an injury waiting to happen. If they give up anything significant it's stupid.

Whens the last time Detroit even made a move like this? They've never been much of the trade acquisition type team (I think the division ramping up has caused a change in mindset). That said, I doubt Holland gives up anything significant. Not like Detroit needs that first rounder anyway.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whens the last time Detroit even made a move like this? They've never been much of the trade acquisition type team (I think the division ramping up has caused a change in mindset). That said, I doubt Holland gives up anything significant. Not like Detroit needs that first rounder anyway.

There has to be somebody better than Hemsky though. This guy is so overrated it's a joke. Hemsky is a floater.

Some guy on Hockey Night In Canada actually said Nashville would be the perfect trading partner for the Oilers. The Oilers could get Blum or Ellis & a 1st round pick for Hemsky.

When I heard this I lost my drink. If some team gives up a top prospect & a first round pick for Hemsky they're NUTS.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has to be somebody better than Hemsky though. This guy is so overrated it's a joke. Hemsky is a floater.

Some guy on Hockey Night In Canada actually said Nashville would be the perfect trading partner for the Oilers. The Oilers could get Blum or Ellis & a 1st round pick for Hemsky.

When I heard this I lost my drink. If some team gives up a top prospect & a first round pick for Hemsky they're NUTS.

If that's the asking price for HEMSKY, no thanks...I'll pass. That better not be market value either. If I were a GM and that's the return expected, I'd just grab a grinder/depth guy and move on.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

really??? that's nutso. I didn't think Milbury was on HNIC this week.
Hemsky does have sick hands, but is a fragile UFA rental, who may or may not thrive on a new team.
this year, scoring at a 0.5 ppg pace (ie. 41 points if healthy all season)

While the Wings lineup would give him the best shot at that success, but I can't see anything higher than a 3rd rounder for him. maybe a 2nd if there's a "bidding war"