• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Love Trades: Rumor Time

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Leafs are always after the big names though, aren't they? Every year there's some form of hope these rumors come out. I know Kadri is a big name prospect...but has he really proven anything yet? I'm honestly asking, because I don't follow much AHL outside of WBS.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 ... 2 ... 1.5 ...

Kesler with interesting + cryptic comments today in response to AV's post-game remarks about him last night

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oy vey :L

"Me utilize my players? I don't know what he means by that .....he(AV) can come talk to me" - Ryan Kesler. Not a happy camper.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Leafs are always after the big names though, aren't they? Every year there's some form of hope these rumors come out. I know Kadri is a big name prospect...but has he really proven anything yet? I'm honestly asking, because I don't follow much AHL outside of WBS.

At this point I don't know if the Leafs have room for him. Kadri has to be in the top 6 to be affective. If he's not he could be a defensive liability. He has sweet hands & is a very good skater. If Ryan were headed to Toronto Kadri would be one of the players I would demand in return.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought kadri was pretty much labeled as a bust by now? am i on drugs or has he turned it around recently?

i feel like i've been hearing about how good kadri is going to be for 3 years, if he was gunna be that good wouldn't he have cracked a leafs team that has tim connoly as their #1 center?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Parros to Van? is this a serious rumour? wonder what would go the other way?

Bob McKenzie
Getting a bunch of tweets asking me about possible Parros to VAN deal. Can tell you ANA and VAN have not had single discussion on Parros.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought kadri was pretty much labeled as a bust by now? am i on drugs or has he turned it around recently?

i feel like i've been hearing about how good kadri is going to be for 3 years, if he was gunna be that good wouldn't he have cracked a leafs team that has tim connoly as their #1 center?

This was sort of my feeling about him. I admit to not following him/Marlies much...but when a big name, high end draft pick like that hasn't broken into a Leafs team in the past few years you wonder. I understand maybe having more issues this year, but the past 2? I'm sure he'll find a way to have an impact in the NHL, but maybe not to the degree he was thought to.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wonder how much of it is kadri being a bust and how much is the leafs incessant need to land the big, marquee name

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2009 NHL Entry Draft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just as an example, looking at that list...a good amount of those players have made a greater impact than Kadri at the NHL level so far. Actually, that's a pretty decent 1st round.

ya i mean through #13 he's the only one not playing every night in the NHL isn't he? i wasn't sure on glennie but i think he's playing?

and then there's a handful here and there at the end of the round like johanssen (sp?) for the caps that are making an impact too

edit: i guess de haan isn't playing either, but still, 1 of 2 in the top 13

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya i mean through #13 he's the only one not playing every night in the NHL isn't he? i wasn't sure on glennie but i think he's playing?

and then there's a handful here and there at the end of the round like johanssen (sp?) for the caps that are making an impact too

edit: i guess de haan isn't playing either, but still, 1 of 2 in the top 13

De Haan was a stretch pick though. He wasn't ranked high and the Isles still took him there. And Glennie just started pros at the very end of the AHL season last year after his junior season was up. I mean, Kadri's performance isn't out of the ordinary for a player his age, but the guy was pretty pumped up by the media. Of course, he was picked by Toronto...lot of pressure there. Also, last year was his only full year of pro hockey, he played a few NHL games in 09, but was sent back to junior.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oy vey :L

"Me utilize my players? I don't know what he means by that .....he(AV) can come talk to me" - Ryan Kesler. Not a happy camper.

Kesler has the total package...until he leaves the rink.

He needs to STFU and play hockey for at least the rest of the year. He should be the ideal #2 center for the Nucks. Hope his big mouth doesn't fuck it up for them. On second thought... I hope it does. :flame:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's been about a PPG in the AHL for the last couple of years.

Shows some good things occasionally in the NHL too. He doesn't really seem to have added any bulk since he was drafted, which would concern me as a Leafs fan. Still I think he'll be a pretty good NHLer in the long term. Maybe a 2nd liner or a skilled 3rd liner (think Kris Versteeg's career for the most part).

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
•Bill Watters via twitter: If the Hurricanes are unable to sign Tim Gleason and Tuomu Ruutu to contract extensions, they could move them before the trade deadline. Watter’s thinks they could both bring back a minimum of a 1st round pick.

If so then Gleason is dead to me. Hannan will do :)

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
•Bill Watters via twitter: If the Hurricanes are unable to sign Tim Gleason and Tuomu Ruutu to contract extensions, they could move them before the trade deadline. Watter’s thinks they could both bring back a minimum of a 1st round pick.

If so then Gleason is dead to me. Hannan will do :)

I think Watters has lost his damn mind, neither of them are all-stars or even close so a 1st rounder for a bottom 6 forward and bottom 4 d-man can't be more then a 2nd in my eyes. oh yea and they are both going to expect raises in their next contracts.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ruutu could be a very valuable extra guy for a contender's playoff run. Certainly not 1st rounder material though...but I've seen more lopsided trades before.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Watters has lost his damn mind, neither of them are all-stars or even close so a 1st rounder for a bottom 6 forward and bottom 4 d-man can't be more then a 2nd in my eyes. oh yea and they are both going to expect raises in their next contracts.

If the pick is between 25-30 it's in the ballpark, IMO. If I was a GM I probably wouldn't so it in a deep draft year like this one, but I would not be surprised if one of them fetched a late 1st rounders.

Maybe a package deal like a 1st, a 3rd and prospect for Gleason and Ruutu. :playball:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd give up a 1st if i got both of them..

the flyers have been heavy on gleason, if they give up a first for him i might have to drive to philly and punch homer in the face

Last edited by a moderator:

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the pick is between 25-30 it's in the ballpark, IMO. If I was a GM I probably wouldn't so it in a deep draft year like this one

This is my exact thought on why they are not worth 1st rounders unless the team getting them is so devastated by injuries that they need to field a half decent team for the playoffs(the pens with their diasaterous injury ridden season for example). in a deep draft like this though I think a 2nd rounder even 20-30 may be of equal value to rentals like Ruutu and Gleason. Again this is just my opinion.