• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Love Trades: Rumor Time

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just trying to understand what the bold means>? are you saying because hes a third line guy right now with the canucks explains his lack of production? because he's playing with Coho (who has worked himself into ROY consideration) and Hansen who is all purpose

i honestly dont know what his market value is because while i think he can play top 6 on a non contending team out there ... i think, given time, the team that acquires him will see he has hands of stone lol

Just that the role of a third line guy is typically a bit different than the role of a top 2 line guy. My comparison is to Staal. He's a great shutdown guy and plays well in his role, but on a different team would that change as he's moved up? I'm sure he's playing well with those on his line, and he's still expected to score some...but at the top line it's a bigger expectation.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would avoid Carter like the plague. His issues in Philly are fairly well documented, and Vancouver seems to have a great room. And while I'm sure Jeff would tone it down, he does seem to have a reputation now. Also, that contract. It's poison for a team like Vancouver in my opinion. I'm not sure how CBus plans to move him and get anything near the return they gave to Philly.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ballard has zero trade value. His contract is horrendous & he's barely a top 6 defenseman. The Canucks would have to add something VERY significant to get rid of him, or take somebody else's bad contract. Good luck, the Canucks are going to need it.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jeff Carter from the Philadelphia Flyers on Thursday in exchange for forward Jakub Voracek as well as first-round pick and third-round 2011 picks

Ballard would get some top minutes on BJs, Raymond would be a 25 goal scorer easy for them and they would get a 1st round pick. So its not like they would get robbed on losing Voracek (bad fantasy pick up btw) he has 8 goals and 20 assists in 41 games. Raymond has 5 goals in 21 games (injury rest of season) IMO Voracek and Raymond are not that different except for speed vs size I would need to hear others opinions of this as Im too much a canucks fan to know this value.

Im still not sure about taking on a Carter contract length. we already have one big one.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ballard has zero trade value. His contract is horrendous & he's barely a top 6 defenseman. The Canucks would have to add something VERY significant to get rid of him, or take somebody else's bad contract. Good luck, the Canucks are going to need it.

Actually this is not entirely accurate. I don't think you see him enough to make this statement. I don't think he can get a lot but to say he has zero trade value is a little off base. Everyone on every team can be traded. if Scott Gomez can get traded (maybe not now) but he did knowing how bad he was and his contract anyone can be traded.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

says the guy who thought Nittymaki had value :L

His contract isnt horrendous ... its not Regehr or JayBlo or even Komisarek

AV doesnt like him plain and simple ... and he continues to put him in a position playing on his off shooting side when Ballard has shown he cant do it ... i think Ballard himself would admit he might need a change

I think if they have trouble moving him at the deadline theyll offload him to a team that needs to make the cap floor next season ... like the islanders :)

/unless the islanders are still able to meet the floor with contracts of guys who dont even play for their franchise

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
says the guy who thought Nittymaki had value :L

His contract isnt horrendous ... its not Regehr or JayBlo or even Komisarek

AV doesnt like him plain and simple ... and he continues to put him in a position playing on his off shooting side when Ballard has shown he cant do it ... i think Ballard himself would admit he might need a change

I think if they have trouble moving him at the deadline theyll offload him to a team that needs to make the cap floor next season ... like the islanders :)

/unless the islanders are still able to meet the floor with contracts of guys who dont even play for their franchise

The Islanders have 10 UFA's at the end of the season. However, JT's contract will kick in, which will add 1.75M to the payroll. I honestly think Wang would rather resign Eaton, Jurcina & Staois than take on Ballard's contract. He makes more money than Streit.

The Canucks missed their chance this past offseason. Garth was looking for somebody he could dump Trent Hunter on. He took 1 year of Rolston from the Devils for Hunter. I would have rather had Ballard, but it didn't happen. Now if you want Ricky for Ballard than we've got a deal.:D: Other than that forget it.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Islanders have 10 UFA's at the end of the season. However, JT's contract will kick in, which will add 1.75M to the payroll. I honestly think Wang would rather resign Eaton, Jurcina & Staois than take on Ballard's contract. He makes more money than Streit.

The Canucks missed their chance this past offseason. Garth was looking for somebody he could dump Trent Hunter on. He took 1 year of Rolston from the Devils for Hunter. I would have rather had Ballard, but it didn't happen. Now if you want Ricky for Ballard than we've got a deal.:D: Other than that forget it.

now we're talking horrendous contracts :thumb:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Goligoski & Liles signing long term deals did the price go up for guys like Gleason, Visnovksy & Gill? Which defenseman will the Leafs trade to get the top 6 forward they want?

The Leafs have put themselves in a very interesting situation. They're sort of up against the cap for next year. With the current guys on that roster for next year, they'll have 11 million in space, with their NHL roster consisting of: 1 G, 6 D, 10 F. They have 4 RFA contracts with some lower level talent on the NHL roster. The big contract they'd have to do is with Grabovski. Kulemin is an RFA. So...they're not in a very good position to pick up a top flight player unless they plan on moving some money around. And man, they have some high paid defensemen. 21 million in 6 defensemen (and that's not even including Jeff Finger, haha). I have a feeling they may trade Schenn if they really want that big top 6 forward.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Thanks, didn't consider RFA. I'd take him if I were a GM. For a depth D + late round pick perhaps. Though that may be much for a guy on the third line.

i think he is a top 2 line guy on alot of non-contending teams

recall he was basically the same player as Michael Grabner.
wheels of fire, and occasionally the hands catch up and he looks great.
if he can get it all together and land on a team with room in the top 6,
he has the ability to be a very valuable players.

a lot of important 'if's in there, but the talent is there.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Leafs have put themselves in a very interesting situation. They're sort of up against the cap for next year. With the current guys on that roster for next year, they'll have 11 million in space, with their NHL roster consisting of: 1 G, 6 D, 10 F. They have 4 RFA contracts with some lower level talent on the NHL roster. The big contract they'd have to do is with Grabovski. Kulemin is an RFA. So...they're not in a very good position to pick up a top flight player unless they plan on moving some money around. And man, they have some high paid defensemen. 21 million in 6 defensemen (and that's not even including Jeff Finger, haha). I have a feeling they may trade Schenn if they really want that big top 6 forward.

You mean nobody wants Komisarek?LOL

I've heard a lot about the Leafs trying to trade one of their high priced D-men because they have a number of young D coming. It will be interesting to see if they can pull it off. They have plenty of young players they could trade to land the top 6 forward they want. Like you said cap space is the only issue.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling they may trade Schenn if they really want that big top 6 forward.

theres your right hand shot Gillis!!!

maybe for Raymond lol :)

didnt Nonis draft him???

Raymond and Lombardi can play on the same line and be the fastest pairs dancers in the NHL

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean nobody wants Komisarek?LOL

I've heard a lot about the Leafs trying to trade one of their high priced D-men because they have a number of young D coming. It will be interesting to see if they can pull it off. They have plenty of young players they could trade to land the top 6 forward they want. Like you said cap space is the only issue.

They're team is sort of odd...it's a lot of good guys getting paid *just* above what they should, which has equated to a cap situation. It's not like the top teams that have some big contracts that prevent them from having depth...it's just they gave away so many middle of the road contracts to players below that level that they can't afford a big contract.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AjtCaj5CIAEYt0r.jpg:large

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he doesn't move some guys and get a good return, he's GOT to be out. Just my opinion on the matter.

doesn't anyone want to look at the Ruff? maybe a new system is just needed.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesn't anyone want to look at the Ruff? maybe a new system is just needed.

I think it has to be considered. Obviously the guy is beloved by many, but being a good person, and often times even being a good coach, isn't enough. Sometimes it's just a change that's needed to spark a team.