• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Love Trades: Rumor Time

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Murray executed that trade, Ducks fans would be after him with torches and pitchforks - both of them.

/I kid, I kid.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 10 rental defensemen at the trade deadline

With so many teams in the market for depth defensemen as the Feb. 27 trade deadline approaches, here’s a list of pending unrestricted free agents (with cap hits) on bad teams that could be available.

1. Hall Gill, Montreal ($2.25 million) – Big, tough, shot-blocker extraordinaire with a ton of playoff experience. Won a ring with Pittsburgh.

2. Pavel Kubina, Tampa Bay ($3.85 million) – Not the offensive defenseman he used to be, but won a Stanley Cup with the Lightning in 2004. Can play 20 minutes a game if needed. Has a limited no-trade clause.

3. Tim Gleason, Carolina ($2.75 million) – Should be among the most sought after blue-liners. Gleason is one of the few plus players on the ‘Canes. Not afraid to get his nose dirty.

4. Bryan Allen, Carolina ($2.9 million) – Sizable cap hit for what you’re getting, but if salary space is no issue, Allen offers size and toughness.

5. Adrian Aucoin, Phoenix ($2 million) – Not young at 38, but plays 20 minutes a game for the Coyotes. Big shot from the point.
(RIGHT SHOT, GILLIS!)

6. Andy Sutton, Edmonton ($2.125 million) – Another big, tough defenseman.

7. Chris Campoli, Montreal ($1.75 million) – Played all seven playoff games last season for the Blackhawks before a contract dispute led to a parting of ways.

8. Steve Staios, NY Islanders ($1.6 million) – At 38, an experienced vet that went to the 2006 Cup finals with the Oilers.

9. Milan Jurcina, NY Islanders ($1.6 million) – The minus-23 isn’t great, but neither are the Isles.

10. Brett Clark, Tampa Bay ($1.5 million) – Needed a tenth guy for the list. That’s Clark

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^

Stay away Feaster, just stay away...Whew, what a craptacular list.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In today’s mailbag column, TSN insider Darren Dreger referenced Montreal forward Travis Moen in four of his five responses to readers’ questions about potential trades. The only question that didn’t garner a Moen mention was about Tim Thomas not visiting the White House, though Moen didn’t go to the White House either, so that was an oversight by Dreger.

Here are the four Moen references:

1 …Vancouver could use some added toughness…someone like Travis Moen…

2 I’ve heard some rumblings, like the Canucks, Detroit will, or has shown some interest in Moen.

3 I’m sure [Canadiens GM Pierre] Gauthier is willing to move his expiring contracts – namely Hal Gill, Chris Campoli, Travis Moen and Andei Kostitsyn.

4 Vancouver, as mentioned earlier is hoping to add some grit up front which is why Moen seems to be a reasonable fit.

Moen is set to become an unrestricted free agent this summer. He has nine goals and seven assists in 46 games for the Habs. He also won a Stanley Cup with the Ducks in 2007.

We hear the Canucks are interested.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
get to the point, jstew..... what are they hearing?

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nucks outta bring back Bryan Allen. Since Burrows is a goodie goodie now I may need to find someone new on your team to hate. :hockeysmile:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I'd love to have Gill back. Just grab him, move one of our bottom 3 (maybe, it is a bit risky, but we have Despres coming up the pipe) for a depth forward, boom. Done.

EDIT: Oh, and get healthy. Because getting Staal and Sid back would beat everyone's deadline acquisitions anyway.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
slightly random ... but Brisebois is on the TVA panel show Le Match ... I doubt they are trading Schneider or that Ducks had that much interest in him

Ex NHLer Patrice Brisebois reported that a trade is in the works that would send C.Perry to #Canucks for Raymond, Schneider, Ballard. #Ducks

According to Brisebois, Perry recently told some Nuck players that he would be ''joining them soon''

:noidea:

Corey Perry for Keith Ballard, Mason Raymond and Cory Schneider – The NHL 12 test | The Province

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Brisebois, Perry recently told some Nuck players that he would be ''joining them soon''

Maybe Perry was just hoping that he wouldn't get picked by Chara? Hah!

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some Wings fans want Semin. They seem to think that playing along Datsyuk will bring out the best in him.

Me, no, he's too expensive.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 10 rental defensemen at the trade deadline

With so many teams in the market for depth defensemen as the Feb. 27 trade deadline approaches, here’s a list of pending unrestricted free agents (with cap hits) on bad teams that could be available.

1. Hall Gill, Montreal ($2.25 million) – Big, tough, shot-blocker extraordinaire with a ton of playoff experience. Won a ring with Pittsburgh.

2. Pavel Kubina, Tampa Bay ($3.85 million) – Not the offensive defenseman he used to be, but won a Stanley Cup with the Lightning in 2004. Can play 20 minutes a game if needed. Has a limited no-trade clause.

3. Tim Gleason, Carolina ($2.75 million) – Should be among the most sought after blue-liners. Gleason is one of the few plus players on the ‘Canes. Not afraid to get his nose dirty.

4. Bryan Allen, Carolina ($2.9 million) – Sizable cap hit for what you’re getting, but if salary space is no issue, Allen offers size and toughness.

5. Adrian Aucoin, Phoenix ($2 million) – Not young at 38, but plays 20 minutes a game for the Coyotes. Big shot from the point.
(RIGHT SHOT, GILLIS!)

6. Andy Sutton, Edmonton ($2.125 million) – Another big, tough defenseman.

7. Chris Campoli, Montreal ($1.75 million) – Played all seven playoff games last season for the Blackhawks before a contract dispute led to a parting of ways.

8. Steve Staios, NY Islanders ($1.6 million) – At 38, an experienced vet that went to the 2006 Cup finals with the Oilers.

9. Milan Jurcina, NY Islanders ($1.6 million) – The minus-23 isn’t great, but neither are the Isles.

10. Brett Clark, Tampa Bay ($1.5 million) – Needed a tenth guy for the list. That’s Clark

So nobody wants Mark Eaton at 2.5 million? He won a cup with Pittsburgh just like Gill. He's a solid stay at home defenseman.