• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Love Trades: Rumor Time

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KuklasKorner : KK Hockey : Nashville May Have To Make A Decision On Suter Before The Trade Deadline

Ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease....

Those don't necessarily sound like the quotes of a guy who really wants to stay in Nashville, but he's not exactly chomping at the bit to get out either. With Stuart looking like he's leaving for Cali this summer and Lidstrom possibly retiring, Suter is looking more and more valuable in a Wings sweater. Oh God what a wet dream that would be for me.

Well considering how awful the Wings looked against Montreal WITHOUT Lidstrom they better get somebody to replace him if he retires.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Ken Holland is not gonna make a knee jerk reaction after ONE game.

I realize that. Holland doesn't have to do anything this year. However, if Lidstrom retires he's going to have to address the situation. Fortunately there will be plenty of cap space to do so.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I just think Nashville is insane if they let him go. Obviously they have to be working with a guy who wants to be there...but man. Also can't let it become a Bouwmeester situation.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I just think Nashville is insane if they let him go. Obviously they have to be working with a guy who wants to be there...but man. Also can't let it become a Bouwmeester situation.

I completely understand Suter's position. He wants to focus on the rest of the season & doesn't want to be a distraction. It could have the opposite effect, but I doubt it. The Predators should go for it. Which is what I expect them to do. They need to acquire a top 6 goal scorer.

Remember this is the team that traded Hartnell & Timonen to the Flyers leading up to the draft. So it wouldn't be the first time they didn't sign impending UFA's. They also have Blum & Ellis to take Suter's spot if necessary.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know they won't "let him go". The only way Suter leaves is if they really don't think he'll willingly come back, so they trade him, or if they keep him at the deadline and he refuses to resign. Poille has a really tough situation with a guy who doesn't want to sign before the deadline. Suter is the backbone of that team right now.

I'm sure a big Swedish pyl..er, defenseman could fill the void though.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely understand Suter's position. He wants to focus on the rest of the season & doesn't want to be a distraction. It could have the opposite effect, but I doubt it. The Predators should go for it. Which is what I expect them to do. They need to acquire a top 6 goal scorer.

Remember this is the team that traded Hartnell & Timonen to the Flyers leading up to the draft. So it wouldn't be the first time they didn't sign impending UFA's. They also have Blum & Ellis to take Suter's spot if necessary.

I don't think there's anyone in the Nashville organization who can step in and fill those shoes. Blum and Ellis are great looking players, but Suter logs the most ice time on the team, almost 30 a night. I really believe if they lose Suter for nothing it's going to set them back several years.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there's anyone in the Nashville organization who can step in and fill those shoes. Blum and Ellis are great looking players, but Suter logs the most ice time on the team, almost 30 a night. I really believe if they lose Suter for nothing it's going to set them back several years.

That's what they said about Timonen & Hartnell. The Predators have done a great job developing players. They have Roman Josi as well. That's three top prospect defenseman in the organization. We don't know how good they're going to be. Blum is the oldest at 22.

I think Nashville should keep Suter for the playoff run. They have a shot at the cup. If you don't believe me ask the Blackhawks who've lost 2 straight to them in the span of 1 week.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what they said about Timonen & Hartnell. The Predators have done a great job developing players. They have Roman Josi as well. That's three top prospect defenseman in the organization. We don't know how good they're going to be. Blum is the oldest at 22.

I think Nashville should keep Suter for the playoff run. They have a shot at the cup. If you don't believe me ask the Blackhawks who've lost 2 straight to them in the span of 1 week.

Josi looks like a stud, Blum has a lot of potential, and Ellis is unproven in the NHL but has all the tools. That said, Suter is the most underrated defenseman in the league. Flat out, that guy is a defensive genius. Timmonen was good but the Preds didn't rely on him like they do Suter and Weber. I also firmly believe that during five on five play, Weber heavily relies on Suter to allow him to jump into the play and fire bombs from the high slot.

I'll be honest, I'm a HUGE Suter-blower, so take what I say about him with a grain of salt, I guess. But I'm telling you, I've watched a lot of Suter over his career and the guy can make a shitty defense good and a good defense great.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josi looks like a stud, Blum has a lot of potential, and Ellis is unproven in the NHL but has all the tools. That said, Suter is the most underrated defenseman in the league. Flat out, that guy is a defensive genius. Timmonen was good but the Preds didn't rely on him like they do Suter and Weber. I also firmly believe that during five on five play, Weber heavily relies on Suter to allow him to jump into the play and fire bombs from the high slot.

I'll be honest, I'm a HUGE Suter-blower, so take what I say about him with a grain of salt, I guess. But I'm telling you, I've watched a lot of Suter over his career and the guy can make a shitty defense good and a good defense great.

If he won't negotiate before the deadline & they trade him they will be giving up on the season though. This team is too good this season to do that. Teams like Nashville don't have a chance at the cup every year. I think they should hold on to him & go for the cup. If they lose him it will certainly be a big blow, but that's a chance I think Poile has to take. Besides Suter could be Lidstrom's replacement next year right.:D:

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he won't negotiate before the deadline & they trade him they will be giving up on the season though. This team is too good this season to do that. Teams like Nashville don't have a chance at the cup every year. I think they should hold on to him & go for the cup. If they lose him it will certainly be a big blow, but that's a chance I think Poile has to take. Besides Suter could be Lidstrom's replacement next year right.:D:

Yeah, like I said Poille has a really tough call. I think he could get some great stuff in return for Suter and really load up for next year. But I also think a deep Cup run, not even a Cup but simply making it to the WCF would really do wonders for the NHL in Nashville. I may be a homer, but I'm not a hater and I would love to see the Preds grow some deep roots in Tennessee.

Also I like the way you think!

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
KuklasKorner : KK Hockey : Nashville May Have To Make A Decision On Suter Before The Trade Deadline

Ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease....

Those don't necessarily sound like the quotes of a guy who really wants to stay in Nashville, but he's not exactly chomping at the bit to get out either. With Stuart looking like he's leaving for Cali this summer and Lidstrom possibly retiring, Suter is looking more and more valuable in a Wings sweater. Oh God what a wet dream that would be for me.

His uncle has been in San Jose quite a bit lately. There's been a few interview's with him during Sharks games that made it sound like he's lobbying both Wilson and Ryan that direction. It also probably helps that Joe Pavelski is one of his best friends.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, like I said Poille has a really tough call. I think he could get some great stuff in return for Suter and really load up for next year. But I also think a deep Cup run, not even a Cup but simply making it to the WCF would really do wonders for the NHL in Nashville. I may be a homer, but I'm not a hater and I would love to see the Preds grow some deep roots in Tennessee.

Also I like the way you think!

Another problem with trading Suter is it would be a lock they would trade him East. Which probably means Philly since Poile & Holmgren seem to be trade partners quite often. That would be very bad news for the Wings & anyone else who has intentions of signing him come July 1st.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another problem with trading Suter is it would be a lock they would trade him East. Which probably means Philly since Poile & Holmgren seem to be trade partners quite often. That would be very bad news for the Wings & anyone else who has intentions of signing him come July 1st.

Yeah... maybe the Wings should start throwing games against the Preds to make Nashville think they are better than they really are...

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His uncle has been in San Jose quite a bit lately. There's been a few interview's with him during Sharks games that made it sound like he's lobbying both Wilson and Ryan that direction. It also probably helps that Joe Pavelski is one of his best friends.

So if Suter goes to San Jose does that mean Murray's days are numbered? The Sharks are going to have to unload some payroll in order to pay Suter the 7.5 to 8 million it's going to take to sign him.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So if Suter goes to San Jose does that mean Murray's days are numbered? The Sharks are going to have to unload some payroll in order to pay Suter the 7.5 to 8 million it's going to take to sign him.

If Suter were to sign I think Boyle would be out. Boyle's NTC becomes a limited one as of July 1st making him much easier to move. I get the impression Murray is gone no matter what happens. Wilson has been putting a lot of emphasis on mobility which Murray severely lacks. He may even be moved before they deadline if it will bring in a top 6 forward who's not a rental.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Suter wants $7.5 - $8mil than he can take a fucking hike elsewhere. Guy is worth no more than $6million/year (maybe $6.5 at the most).

No thank you. I mean the guy plays with the best defenseman on the planet right now and although he's not bad offensively, he's far from a juggernaut. If that's the case, I'd rather just throw $8.5 mil at Weber long term. Suter's good, but he ain't that good. (even though I realize he may get that money, he is NOT worth it)

Sharks are top heavy enough as it is. If they pay Suter more than $6mil, Thornton better be the one who is jettisoned. The guy is one dimensional and getting worse.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Suter wants $7.5 - $8mil than he can take a fucking hike elsewhere. Guy is worth no more than $6million/year (maybe $6.5 at the most).

No thank you. I mean the guy plays with the best defenseman on the planet right now and although he's not bad offensively, he's far from a juggernaut. If that's the case, I'd rather just throw $8.5 mil at Weber long term. Suter's good, but he ain't that good. (even though I realize he may get that money, he is NOT worth it)

Sharks are top heavy enough as it is. If they pay Suter more than $6mil, Thornton better be the one who is jettisoned. The guy is one dimensional and getting worse.

I'm going to have to disagree Filo, with all do respect. Suter is the superior all around dman on that pairing. Weber is an increadible dman and better offensively but doesn't hold a candle to Suter defensively and Suter moves the puck just as well if not better.