• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Love Trades: Rumor Time

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Anaheim has struggled this year, but their GM is not retarded.

Maybe if the D-man is Edler and a 1st or 2nd rounder is included this goes down. Otherwise I just don't see it.

i think the canucks and ducks are discussing this deal. no I do not think its for the players named in this rumour. I don't think the ducks GM is an idiot. that being said Joe Thornton was traded for MArco Sturm and Wayne Primeau and defenseman Brad Stuart that was a garbage trade for Boston but it was done. don't underestimate the stupidity of some GMs in this league. but I Agree it will not be for that. I have to think Hodgson is in there somehow.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it really is Perry for Ballard, Raymond, Schneider and a 3rd round pick, do it. Edler and Hodgson? Forget it.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it really is Perry for Ballard, Raymond, Schneider and a 3rd round pick, do it. Edler and Hodgson? Forget it.

I agree. I might not do it if just Edler is involved, but then I'm a huge Edler fan.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll probably be something like Hodgson, Schneider and a 1st. That's what I'd ask for in return if I were teh Duck.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
shit, if Perry comes here I might have to hate the canucks

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the canucks and ducks are discussing this deal. no I do not think its for the players named in this rumour. I don't think the ducks GM is an idiot. that being said Joe Thornton was traded for MArco Sturm and Wayne Primeau and defenseman Brad Stuart that was a garbage trade for Boston but it was done. don't underestimate the stupidity of some GMs in this league. but I Agree it will not be for that. I have to think Hodgson is in there somehow.

I don't know, that trade gave the Bruins room to sign Chara and Savard... and Boston is the one who's won a Cup since that trade, San Jose hasn't been out of the second round...

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't use the Thornton trade as a good benchmark. That trade got MOC fired (even though it allowed the Bruins to get a $7mil man that's actually worth it). I think most GM's now use that trade as a "what not to do".

I don't know, that trade gave the Bruins room to sign Chara and Savard... and Boston is the one who's won a Cup since that trade, San Jose hasn't been out of the second round...

I'd expect a Red Wings fan to know that this just isn't true. ;)
But yeah, the trade was still terrible for Boston, but it did allow them to get out from an expensive no show. Still could have gotten more from San Jose though. Sharks already have a hard enough time in the playoffs Eddie.....no need to short change 'em!

Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

doesn't matter what we know now at the time Im pretty sure a lot of hockey fans said. they got what for what? thats the point. we know how it turned out. but back then it was a WOW I can't believe thats all they got trade

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But yeah, the trade was still terrible for Boston, but it did allow them to get out from an expensive no show. Still could have gotten more from San Jose though. Sharks already have a hard enough time in the playoffs Eddie.....no need to short change 'em!

I think that Eddie has mentally blocked out the last two years.

Also I don't think that you can say it was a good trade because Boston has won a cup. There were several more years of trades, drafting, and player development that went into the Bruins winning the cup (and the Sharks not making it out of the WCF).

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the eff? Thomas to Chicago rumor? Hah. Okay, yeah.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media has been a little ridiculous ever since the Thomas no-show to the White House. If they want to go nuts speculating on his politics, reasoning, etc, that's fine. Thomas brought that on himself. But there crazy rumors about the B's trying to move him ASAP, trading him at the deadline for peanuts, I even read one story that proposed Thomas might be a candidate for the two week buyout period... really? One of the best goalies in the league is just going to get bought out because he's old and skipped a White House meeting? The Bruins aren't moving Thomas for spare parts, and they sure as hell aren't buying him out. There are at least fifteen teams in the league that would be willing to pay a fair price for Timmah.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't use the Thornton trade as a good benchmark. That trade got MOC fired (even though it allowed the Bruins to get a $7mil man that's actually worth it). I think most GM's now use that trade as a "what not to do".

doesn't matter what we know now at the time Im pretty sure a lot of hockey fans said. they got what for what? thats the point. we know how it turned out. but back then it was a WOW I can't believe thats all they got trade

I think that Eddie has mentally blocked out the last two years.

Also I don't think that you can say it was a good trade because Boston has won a cup. There were several more years of trades, drafting, and player development that went into the Bruins winning the cup (and the Sharks not making it out of the WCF).

Two years? What two years?:noidea:

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the eff? Thomas to Chicago rumor? Hah. Okay, yeah.

If that happens, I would think it would be at the draft. I don't see Boston jettisoning Thomas in the middle of another run at the Cup. Rask is ready, but why lose Thomas now? Chicago needs a goalie and has lots of pieces to deal, and Boston probably would like to wrap up the season before handing the reigns over to Rask full time.