• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Love Trades: Rumor Time

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that happens, I would think it would be at the draft. I don't see Boston jettisoning Thomas in the middle of another run at the Cup. Rask is ready, but why lose Thomas now? Chicago needs a goalie and has lots of pieces to deal, and Boston probably would like to wrap up the season before handing the reigns over to Rask full time.

Agree with this.

Based on what Chicago would have to offer up mid-season I doubt they'd do it either. I'm sure they'd be looking at one of Seabrook, Sharp or Kane as a starting point for a Thomas trade. Guys like that just can't be replaced at the deadline.

Boston's best plan of attack, IMO, is to play out the season. If they win the Cup with Thomas there are no complaints. If they don't they trade him for a nice piece or two and try another avenue with Rask next year.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy any of the Thomas rumors. Besides who cares?? He has a right to believe what he wants like the rest of us. His mistake was the reasons he gave for being absent. All he had to say was something like I already have plans.

If the Bruins decide to trade him because of it no matter when, it would be very stupid as far as I'm concerned.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that happens, I would think it would be at the draft. I don't see Boston jettisoning Thomas in the middle of another run at the Cup. Rask is ready, but why lose Thomas now? Chicago needs a goalie and has lots of pieces to deal, and Boston probably would like to wrap up the season before handing the reigns over to Rask full time.

When I first read the rumor the thought went through my head that it really does make sense eventually...but now? I agree that Rask is ready to be full time, but when it comes down to it you're removing an MVP/Vezina goalie in the middle of a Cup run. Idiotic to even suggest the idea.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a side note, it's nice to know my fan base isn't the only insane one when it comes to rumors, trade or otherwise. The amount of assumptions made...well, lets just say there's plenty of asses around.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll probably be something like Hodgson, Schneider and a 1st. That's what I'd ask for in return if I were teh Duck.

Why would the Ducks want Schneider? They have Hiller so Schneider would still be a backup. Plus Murray said he would only trade one of the big three for roster players not prospects. What exactly has Hodgson proven?? Sorry, but he's a rookie.

Murray has to be very careful. OC fans have plenty of options as to where to spend their entertainment dollar. Corey Perry is a fan favorite. If Perry is dealt Murray better get MORE than fair value. Schneider, Hodgson & a 1st round pick for a 50 goal scorer & league MVP. I THINK NOT!!:mad2:

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media has been a little ridiculous ever since the Thomas no-show to the White House. If they want to go nuts speculating on his politics, reasoning, etc, that's fine. Thomas brought that on himself. But there crazy rumors about the B's trying to move him ASAP, trading him at the deadline for peanuts, I even read one story that proposed Thomas might be a candidate for the two week buyout period... really? One of the best goalies in the league is just going to get bought out because he's old and skipped a White House meeting? The Bruins aren't moving Thomas for spare parts, and they sure as hell aren't buying him out. There are at least fifteen teams in the league that would be willing to pay a fair price for Timmah.

The media (Sports) had nothing to write about for 2 weeks. No NHL, MLB,NFL and the NBA is a joke. They latched on to the only sports story and ran it to the ground. That being said I do not see Thomas getting traded. Bruins are one of the best teams in the NHL and unless they take a nosedive why would anyone mess with the team. Also to note if a true stud player was involved in return the Bruins would be crazy not to consider it.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media (Sports) had nothing to write about for 2 weeks. No NHL, MLB,NFL and the NBA is a joke. They latched on to the only sports story and ran it to the ground. That being said I do not see Thomas getting traded. Bruins are one of the best teams in the NHL and unless they take a nosedive why would anyone mess with the team. Also to note if a true stud player was involved in return the Bruins would be crazy not to consider it.

yeah its pretty stupid when the news is slow what they jump on. they may be worse sheep than fans at times

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gene Principe posting rumours???

Ales Hemsky-Andy Sutton to Det.for Tomas Jurco and 1st round pick. Hemsky and pick to Nash.for Jonathan Blum and 1st round pick

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gene Principe posting rumours???

Ales Hemsky-Andy Sutton to Det.for Tomas Jurco and 1st round pick. Hemsky and pick to Nash.for Jonathan Blum and 1st round pick

Why in the world would the Wings want Sutton? He's the defensive version of Hemsky, an injury waiting to happen.

I don't understand how these people have such a high value of Hemsky?? P.A. Parenteau has 10 goals 33 assists & 43 points this season. Thats 2 more points than Patrick Kane. Does that mean he's better than Kane, absolutely not. However, I'd take him over Hemsky any day of the week. His cap hit is only 1.25M too.:D:

Last edited by a moderator:

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the Ducks want Schneider? They have Hiller so Schneider would still be a backup. Plus Murray said he would only trade one of the big three for roster players not prospects. What exactly has Hodgson proven?? Sorry, but he's a rookie.

Murray has to be very careful. OC fans have plenty of options as to where to spend their entertainment dollar. Corey Perry is a fan favorite. If Perry is dealt Murray better get MORE than fair value. Schneider, Hodgson & a 1st round pick for a 50 goal scorer & league MVP. I THINK NOT!!:mad2:

I'm not sure if the Ducks brass is 100% sold that Hiller is back to stay. He has looked a lot better recently, but they may want some insurance on him. You are right though, Hiller is still there for 2 more years at $4.5per, so he's the starter (at least for the foreseeable future).

If the Ducks want help now, the only thing I can imagine is them wanting Burrows, Hodgson and Raymond? Two of them are still technically prospects, but they do look like solid NHLer's. I don't know why the Canucks would want to drastically change a locker room/on ice team dynamic that bad after they went to Game 7 of the SCF's last year.

If you trade Perry though, why the fuck would you want players who can help now? Why not just keep the reigning MVP? OC fans already don't give a shit about the Ducks. I'd make the move that makes the most sense for my team long term, not a trade for a fan base that has a hard time selling out Playoff games.

This trade doesn't really pass the smell test to me.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if the Ducks brass is 100% sold that Hiller is back to stay. He has looked a lot better recently, but they may want some insurance on him. You are right though, Hiller is still there for 2 more years at $4.5per, so he's the starter (at least for the foreseeable future).

If the Ducks want help now, the only thing I can imagine is them wanting Burrows, Hodgson and Raymond? Two of them are still technically prospects, but they do look like solid NHLer's. I don't know why the Canucks would want to drastically change a locker room/on ice team dynamic that bad after they went to Game 7 of the SCF's last year.

If you trade Perry though, why the fuck would you want players who can help now? Why not just keep the reigning MVP? OC fans already don't give a shit about the Ducks. I'd make the move that makes the most sense for my team long term, not a trade for a fan base that has a hard time selling out Playoff games.

This trade doesn't really pass the smell test to me.

I don't see Vancouver as a good trading partner. Heck the Isles would be a better partner if Murray wants NHL players. Not a team that's trying to win a Stanley Cup this year. Expecting Vancouver to blow up their team for Perry doesn't make sense.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moen will be in high demand ... Vancouver likes to pattern themselves after Detroit so its no surprise the Wings want Moen too

“To me, if we could get another heavy winger, or heavy forward, or D — those would all be good things to help you,” Babcock said

hopefully canucks get Moen and the Wings get this guy

tumblr_lte02qpeBd1qdhyeao1_400.jpg

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Russian tank (lol) - Powered by Mohawk and 7-11 hot dogs.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Russian tank (lol) - Powered by Mohawk and 7-11 hot dogs.

wow that was some time for Vancouver. I remember the excitement of those guys coming to play for the Canucks and the disappointment in Krutov.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Wings would send Jurco and a first for Hemsky and Sutton, but then again I'm not saying I'm an expert...

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Wings would send Jurco and a first for Hemsky and Sutton, but then again I'm not saying I'm an expert...

Ken Holland would have to lose all his rational thought processes before that would happen.