• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Love Trades: Rumor Time

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So nobody wants Mark Eaton at 2.5 million? He won a cup with Pittsburgh just like Gill. He's a solid stay at home defenseman.

I always liked Eaton. He was one of my favorite Penguins when he was healthy. Such a cerebral defender.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where does Marek Zidlicky fall on the list? I'm guessing about 33rd or so.

I would definitely take Hal Still at that price, btw. I'd even give up a low third rounder for him, or a second rounder if I was drunk.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where does Marek Zidlicky fall on the list? I'm guessing about 33rd or so.

I would definitely take Hal Still at that price, btw. I'd even give up a low third rounder for him, or a second rounder if I was drunk.

i was gonna mention him yesterday as his name was thrown out there on the radio ... are the wild looking to deal him?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was gonna mention him yesterday as his name was thrown out there on the radio ... are the wild looking to deal him?

One thing to keep in mind is Burke turned down a 2nd round pick & a prospect for Cody Franson. Defenseman aren't going to come cheap at the deadline. Well maybe Ballard.:D:

I've heard Minny is willing to trade a defenseman for a goal scorer.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was recenlty a healthy scratch - his play has been all star worthy (at the ECHL level) and he doesn't really fit in the team's rebuilding plans. THe Wild have a glut of young d-men that Yeo coached in Houston that make the sames mistakes he does at a fraction of the price.

On a related note, Ballard is from Baudette on Lake of the Woods, so a Zidlicky for Ballard trade makes sense for both teams and the Wild get another Minnesota player.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was recenlty a healthy scratch - his play has been all star worthy (at the ECHL level) and he doesn't really fit in the team's rebuilding plans. THe Wild have a glut of young d-men that Yeo coached in Houston that make the sames mistakes he does at a fraction of the price.

On a related note, Ballard is from Baudette on Lake of the Woods, so a Zidlicky for Ballard trade makes sense for both teams and the Wild get another Minnesota player.

i think it was the last time the wild came through vancouver, yeo had an "animated discussion" with him in the morning skate

Ballard and Zidlicky could probably both use a change of scenery

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the Wild are 15-2 in their last 17 without Zidlicky and 2-10-4 with him according to Russo.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure, I get mostly Kings and Ducks games on television here - I haven't seen as many Wild games in the past 6 weeks.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't played since Dec 31st, and only 2 games since Dec 7th....He's either going to get traded or waived and I don't see us waiving him either.

I was just pretending to be the "Jeff" you spoke of... Nm now.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, we all know this already.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing to keep in mind is Burke turned down a 2nd round pick & a prospect for Cody Franson. Defenseman aren't going to come cheap at the deadline. Well maybe Ballard.:D:

I've heard Minny is willing to trade a defenseman for a goal scorer.

Another thing to keep in mind is that Burke grossly over values his players and expects to come out miles ahead in any trade he makes. Defensemen will not be "cheap", but only the quality ones will command a premium the rest will go for mid grade prospects and picks(of the non first round variety).

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing to keep in mind is that Burke grossly over values his players and expects to come out miles ahead in any trade he makes. Defensemen will not be "cheap", but only the quality ones will command a premium the rest will go for mid grade prospects and picks(of the non first round variety).

All I know is if Garth does something stupid like trade Streit he better get a 1st round pick & 2 very good prospects. He's the only veteran defenseman the Isles have signed for next season.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KuklasKorner : KK Hockey : Nashville May Have To Make A Decision On Suter Before The Trade Deadline

Ryan Suter’s situation of potentially being dealt at the NHL trade deadline next month took an interesting turn on Friday when the Nashville Predators defenseman said he does not want to re-sign before the deadline.

He is unrestricted while fellow coveted teammate Shea Weber is restricted. One of them could be dealt.

The Flyers are among a handful of clubs interested in getting into the mix if that happens.

“I feel it would be more of a distraction than anything,” Suter said of signing in February. “We’ve never had a timeline or deadline. We’re just focusing on winning. Everything else will take care of itself.

“I don’t see it being a benefit by hurrying up and trying to get something done. I’m a Nashville Predator until July. I will focus on making my team better.”

continued

Ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease....

Those don't necessarily sound like the quotes of a guy who really wants to stay in Nashville, but he's not exactly chomping at the bit to get out either. With Stuart looking like he's leaving for Cali this summer and Lidstrom possibly retiring, Suter is looking more and more valuable in a Wings sweater. Oh God what a wet dream that would be for me.