• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I hope Kendall Hunter gets more PT

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
All the talk this offseason is of Hyde & Lattimore, but Kendall Hunter is in a contract year this season. You know what that means!

If Lattimore & Mr. Hyde both show something this year, there's no way the Niners re-sign Hunter; it'd just be too much devoted to the RB position. So he needs the best chance he can get to show what he can do, so someone else can sign him to a big contract & get the Niners a compensatory pick.

On the other hand, if he has a lackluster year, the Niners can get him back on the cheap a good long-term, veteran backup. Either way, it's time to see what Hunter can do IMO.

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always thought Hunters burst was not utilized enough, especially in the playoffs. Slow-poke gore, as much as I love him, needs to go

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see him getting more. I actually see us trading him if Latt and Hyde do well during training camp.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I don't see him getting more. I actually see us trading him if Latt and Hyde do well during training camp.

That could work too. Hope a good CB hits the trade block this year.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's just a lot of RBs on the expected 53 man roster that don't really contribute on STs coverage(returner maybe)... so someone has to be moved IMO...

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's just a lot of RBs on the expected 53 man roster that don't really contribute on STs coverage(returner maybe)... so someone has to be moved IMO...

Well James is highly unlikely to be around. So that leaves Gore, Hyde, Lattimore, Hunter. Hunter and Hyde can be on the kickoff return team. Also sad to say but next year Gore probably won't be on the team so looking toward next year it will be Hyde, Lattimore and Hunter/Hamilton

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I have really liked Hunter since we picked him up; my favorite pick at the time that year and it wasn't particularly close. The lack of playing time for him has been really frustrating to me. He may not be able to hold up as a primary back - though I'm not entirely convince of that - but he runs well inside for a little guy, has speed, quickness, visions. I can't believe we've only given him 95 touches a year over the past three seasons - and that last year was his lowest total to date by far.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have really liked Hunter since we picked him up; my favorite pick at the time that year and it wasn't particularly close. The lack of playing time for him has been really frustrating to me. He may not be able to hold up as a primary back - though I'm not entirely convince of that - but he runs well inside for a little guy, has speed, quickness, visions. I can't believe we've only given him 95 touches a year over the past three seasons - and that last year was his lowest total to date by far.

Yea it didn't make sense. Also once the run game wasn't working against the Seahawks I felt we should have leaned more onto Hunter since he had fresher legs and he is faster then Gore but oh well.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT: Has anyone tried to do a projected 53 man roster recently? I just did one and boy are there going to be some tough cuts this year.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
OT: Has anyone tried to do a projected 53 man roster recently? I just did one and boy are there going to be some tough cuts this year.

I was thinking about doing one this week. Thought yesterday was going to be a slow day and work and I might be able to pull something together, but that didn't pan out. I also wanted to update the OTA/offseason thread with more actual articles. Might get to it later this week.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well James is highly unlikely to be around. So that leaves Gore, Hyde, Lattimore, Hunter. Hunter and Hyde can be on the kickoff return team. Also sad to say but next year Gore probably won't be on the team so looking toward next year it will be Hyde, Lattimore and Hunter/Hamilton

Isnt Hunter a FA after this year?

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about doing one this week. Thought yesterday was going to be a slow day and work and I might be able to pull something together, but that didn't pan out. I also wanted to update the OTA/offseason thread with more actual articles. Might get to it later this week.

I read an Barrows article that was saying Morris may not make the team which I felt ridiculous which prompted me to do one. And with Cooks playing well in OTA's and the likely hood we keep Johnson around after what happened last year with Cooper. Morris is on the bubble. And at this point I would rather sacrifice some on STs and cut one of the "Aces" we have.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need a list of who's currently signed/playing through OTAs... didn't we resigned Costanzo? if so, how does make the team?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All the talk this offseason is of Hyde & Lattimore, but Kendall Hunter is in a contract year this season. You know what that means!

If Lattimore & Mr. Hyde both show something this year, there's no way the Niners re-sign Hunter; it'd just be too much devoted to the RB position. So he needs the best chance he can get to show what he can do, so someone else can sign him to a big contract & get the Niners a compensatory pick.

On the other hand, if he has a lackluster year, the Niners can get him back on the cheap a good long-term, veteran backup. Either way, it's time to see what Hunter can do IMO.

the bolden assumes Lattimore, Hyde, and Hunter all make the team?

or is it assuming LMJ doesn't?

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been a big hunter fan as well and would like to see more out of him. He looked good before he had that bad injury. Hopefully he still feels good and confident with that leg. He has every right and every chance to be the primary backup this year. Unless Hyde and lattimore explode in TC then hunter should be the RB2 to start the year. Hyde and essentially lattimore are rookies which should give the edge to hunter. Again this staff is really big on pass protection from there rbs, which is why gore usually plays the most.

It will be an interesting position to watch.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
the bolden assumes Lattimore, Hyde, and Hunter all make the team?

or is it assuming LMJ doesn't?

If LMJ makes the team, it'll only be as a return man IMO; I don't think he'll have a single carry this season. The way it's sounding, he'll probably get cut in lieu of Ellington. I can't see 'em keeping 5 RBs + Miller.

In fact, I'm not sure it's a given that Frank Gore and his 6-million-dollar salary will make the team this year.