• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I hope Kendall Hunter gets more PT

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the answer to this question is how Lattimore holds up. No one can say for sure if he's able to come back from that horrific injury. I love his attitude and his mental fortitude, but I'm skeptical of him holding up through an entire NFL season, even if he is sharing the load with Hyde, Gore, and Hunter.

The positive take here is that the Niners have built up their depth for this season at WR and RB, so if they sustain anymore injuries (knock on wood), they have cover, which is what they frankly lacked the last few seasons.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If LMJ makes the team, it'll only be as a return man IMO; I don't think he'll have a single carry this season. The way it's sounding, he'll probably get cut in lieu of Ellington. I can't see 'em keeping 5 RBs + Miller.

In fact, I'm not sure it's a given that Frank Gore and his 6-million-dollar salary will make the team this year.

what I was getting at is.................your post describes how the 'depth chart' will play out pending how each RB performs? how they perform as the season progress I guess?

but we're not going into the season with all the RB's we have now. so they won't be able to perform against each other.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
what I was getting at is.................your post describes how the 'depth chart' will play out pending how each RB performs? how they perform as the season progress I guess?

but we're not going into the season with all the RB's we have now. so they won't be able to perform against each other.

I think I see what you're saying.

Hyde & Hunter are locks IMO. The only way Lattimore doesn't make the team is if he's clearly still hampered by the injury IMO, and the Niners will be able to see whether that is the case in the preseason.

How many RBs do teams usually keep?

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Hyde & Hunter are locks IMO. The only way Lattimore doesn't make the team is if he's clearly still hampered by the injury IMO, and the Niners will be able to see whether that is the case in the preseason.

I'm kind of hoping none of our RBs do well so we can draft one next year.

Either Melvin Gordon or the Gurley Man will do.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm kind of hoping none of our RBs do well so we can draft one next year.

Either Melvin Gordon or the Gurley Man will do.

You're hoping none of the current RBs do well? :what:

Todd Gurley makes me slip on a puddle of my own drool, but not wanting the current RBs to succeed? :doh:

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You're hoping none of the current RBs do well? :what:

Todd Gurley makes me slip on a puddle of my own drool, but not wanting the current RBs to succeed? :doh:

Fine, I hope they do well, then decide to pull a Glen Coffee during the offseason. Better?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fine, I hope they do well, then decide to pull a Glen Coffee during the offseason. Better?

Yes. Losing a good RB to retirement after 1 year is exactly what every team wants. :L

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If LMJ makes the team, it'll only be as a return man IMO; I don't think he'll have a single carry this season.

Not a single carry? We all know the Niners like to troll backup RBs by giving them 30-60 touches a year, pretty much only paying them to practice during the week and watch Frank Gore on Sundays.

One of my favorite "fuck you" moments during the last few years has been watching Harbaugh FINALLY send in a rarely used RB to the huddle for the player's theoretical first play of the game, just to have something happen and immediately sub the RB back out before he gets to run a play; or whenever Harbaugh used Dixon.

I know some people hated Dixon, but I always laughed to myself whenever Dixon would come on the field because I'd be thinking "Kendall Hunter must be so pissed right now."

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

a little early to predict without padded practices, but to "play along" the only locks are Gore and Hyde. Gore obviously doesn't have 'long' speed, but how often does ANY RB break open 10 yards down the field? his overall game is still too good to let go.

when Baalke seeks trades, he may not get the offers he wants.....for the player he wants (to trade)? he MAY be forced to trade a RB to avoid getting nothing?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I read an Barrows article that was saying Morris may not make the team which I felt ridiculous which prompted me to do one. And with Cooks playing well in OTA's and the likely hood we keep Johnson around after what happened last year with Cooper. Morris is on the bubble. And at this point I would rather sacrifice some on STs and cut one of the "Aces" we have.

The good news is that Morris played very well on STs last year. So he may have double value.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There is a real good chance that Georgia will run Gurley until the wheels fall off in the upcoming season... I don't know how much tread he will lose before he even has a chance at being drafted...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
There is a real good chance that Georgia will run Gurley until the wheels fall off in the upcoming season... I don't know how much tread he will lose before he even has a chance at being drafted...

I don't care how much they run him; I'd take him in a second. The dude is a beast. He's 19; he'll recover.

If I were Todd Gurley, I wouldn't even play my junior year; I'd just train for the combine & study the NFL game. I would've done the same if I were Clowney last year.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't care how much they run him; I'd take him in a second. The dude is a beast. He's 19; he'll recover.

If I were Todd Gurley, I wouldn't even play my junior year; I'd just train for the combine & study the NFL game. I would've done the same if I were Clowney last year.

I understand, there is a lot to like about Gurley... But with Murray in the NFL now, the Georgia offense is going to lean heavy on Gurley and the running game... And we know what SEC defenses and in paticular SEC front seven's are capable of... Its going to be a tough season for Gurley...

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hyde has looked great and sooner or later this year he will be getting some carries, if Gore looks like he did at the end of last season then it could be Hyde and Gore splitting

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think if Hyde and Lattimore have a strong showing in camp Hunter could be traded off if not cut. I'd hate to see him cut to be honest. I'm just not sold on us keeping Gore, Lattimore, Hunter, Hyde, and James on the 53 man roster with so many other positions loaded up on talent. I think 1 if not 2 of them end up on a different team by opening day and those 2 would be Hunter and James if the above scenario takes place.

If they feel Lattimore is not fully ready to contribute this year in the event of a Gore injury then clearly Hunter's job is a lot more safe. If they do feel he is ready it just does not make sense to have 3 or 4 RB's standing on the sideline on Game Day while Gore is getting his 20 touches.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James seems to be our guy on KR/PR, so I agree, if Hyde looks as good as they have said with his pass catching and hitting the holes then Hunter is not needed.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I still think if Hyde and Lattimore have a strong showing in camp Hunter could be traded off if not cut. I'd hate to see him cut to be honest. I'm just not sold on us keeping Gore, Lattimore, Hunter, Hyde, and James on the 53 man roster with so many other positions loaded up on talent. I think 1 if not 2 of them end up on a different team by opening day and those 2 would be Hunter and James if the above scenario takes place.

If they feel Lattimore is not fully ready to contribute this year in the event of a Gore injury then clearly Hunter's job is a lot more safe. If they do feel he is ready it just does not make sense to have 3 or 4 RB's standing on the sideline on Game Day while Gore is getting his 20 touches.

yeah, Lattimore is really the biggest question mark and will guide decisions at RB. the Coaches have already seen Gore, Hunter, and LMJ; and Hyde was drafted too high.

they need to see how Lattimore does before deciding what to do on Hunter and LMJ? if Lattimore flashes enough skill, then good problem to have. the big question will be what to do if Lattimore doesn't show well?

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly I don't think things look great for Hunter, he could be a great little back but we are crowded and Lattimore and Hyde seem to be the future.