• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I figured out why Manning went to Denver

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Better WRs than the Niners had. Plain and simple.

They had Demetrius Thomas, and Manning has ALWAYS had great WRs. Even in his rookie year. He was happier having great WRs to keep his stats inflated than having a better team that would've skated to a SB victory with him but might not have guaranteed him to have great stats.

I hate that guy so much. What a punk little bitch for passing up 19-0.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

They had Demetrius Thomas, and Manning has ALWAYS had great WRs. Even in his rookie year. He was happier having great WRs to keep his stats inflated than having a better team that would've skated to a SB victory with him but might not have guaranteed him to have great stats.

I cannot blame him.

I have a hard time throwing 7 touchdowns with 0 ints on Madden. That was an impressive Monday night performance.

The team that beats Denver is going to have to bring MAJOR heat. Like us in the playoffs 2 years ago or the year the Giants beat the Pats and brought the heat with Strahan, Tuck, Osi, etc.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot blame him.

I have a hard time throwing 7 touchdowns with 0 ints on Madden. That was an impressive Monday night performance.

The team that beats Denver is going to have to bring MAJOR heat. Like us in the playoffs 2 years ago or the year the Giants beat the Pats and brought the heat with Strahan, Tuck, Osi, etc.

I can't understand why people keep getting this wrong. It wasn't Manning who threw 7 TDs, it was Elway.

BTevVhLCIAAowvW.jpg:large

[MEDIA=twitter]375961878255505409[/MEDIA]/photo/1
The Columbus Dispatch posts headline of John Elway throwing 7 touchdowns, not Peyton Manning - ESPN

Last edited by a moderator:

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Is John taking credit because he brought in Peyton?

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I picked up Julius Thomas in 3 of my fantasy leagues during the draft on the cheap.
Like $2-$3 in auction format, and late round pick in the snake.

I'm feeling real happy about that.

To me it was a no brainer to nab him. Peyton was talking him up big time during the preseason, and he also had a good preseason, and Peyton has a history of turning average lunch bucket guys into solid TEs (Dallas Clark, Jacob Tamme) so can you imagine what he could do with a TE with some actual athletic ability?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Peyton has a history of turning average lunch bucket guys into solid TEs (Dallas Clark, Jacob Tamme) so can you imagine what he could do with a TE with some actual athletic ability?

Dallas Clark an average lunch pail guy? He was the 24th pick of the draft back when TEs weren't being drafted quite as high.

xJuicex

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much sex appeal for one team.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Dallas Clark an average lunch pail guy? He was the 24th pick of the draft back when TEs weren't being drafted quite as high.

Name the top 10 athletic QBs during anytime Dallas Clark played... he wouldn't be on my top 10 athletic list.

Peyton turned him into a star, and after Peyton left Indy, Dallas Clark faded into obscurity.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep > Payton... Payton is the A-Rod of football Regular Season stud Postseason Dud

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's still an idiot, though.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Name the top 10 athletic QBs during anytime Dallas Clark played... he wouldn't be on my top 10 athletic list.

You mean TEs?

Athleticism isn't everything.

Peyton turned him into a star, and after Peyton left Indy, Dallas Clark faded into obscurity.

After Peyton left, Clark was old. You know the guy's 34 years old right? When he was young, he was a top TE prospect who performed better than his draft status. He certainly had better stats w/ Peyton than he would've with Rex Grossman, but he was still a great player in his day.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anyone who thinks that adding one player, even PMFM, guarantees 19-0 is naive at best. Perhaps it was the more savvy fan base in Denver that enticed PMFM to sign there.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Anyone who thinks that adding one player, even PMFM, guarantees 19-0 is naive at best. Perhaps it was the more savvy fan base in Denver that enticed PMFM to sign there.

Of course it doesn't guarantee it. But Manning plus the 2012 Niners would've been about as close to unstoppable as it gets. But I think Manning had a choice between his stats being safe or him being the overwhelming favourite to win a SB, and he chose the stats. We've never seen Manning without an all-pro' (or close to it) WR, and I don't think Manning wanted to see that either.

Last edited by a moderator:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it doesn't guarantee it. But Manning plus the 2012 Niners would've been about as close to unstoppable as it gets. But I think Manning had a choice between his stats being safe or him being the overwhelming favourite to win a SB, and he chose the stats. We've never seen Manning without an all-pro' (or close to it) WR, and I don't think Manning wanted to see that either.

A number of explanations have been advanced for why he chose to sign with Denver. In all honesty, I thought that he was likely to choose SF. The problem that I find with your explanation is that DT and Decker weren't really established stars before last year (not sure it's really correct to say that they are that now). Crabtree, Davis, and Gore were probably at least as firmly as established weapons as DT and Decker when PMFM made his decision.

Unlike you, I don't claim to know why he chose Denver. The explanation I find most plausible is that he liked the idea of staying in the AFC and the opportunity to work for an old QB who went out on top and who promised to give him that same opportunity. Pretty sure that assurances were made in Denver that PMFM would have a lot of input about offensive scheme and personnel. Not sure whether SF did that.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
A number of explanations have been advanced for why he chose to sign with Denver. In all honesty, I thought that he was likely to choose SF. The problem that I find with your explanation is that DT and Decker weren't really established stars before last year (not sure it's really correct to say that they are that now).

Decker isn't a star, but DT certainly is. Sure he wasn't "established" with Tim Tebow "throwing" to him, but everyone knew he was a stud.

I don't presume to KNOW why punk ass stupid dickhole Manning went to Denver :mad2:; I'm just posing the theory. I don't think he wanted to risk not having a great receiving corps.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Crabtree is better than Thomas but Manning makes great receivers

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it worked out OK. Kaepernick has a chance to be a good one and he would not have gotten an opportunity if Manning had come here.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has better WRs NOW. Julius Thomas and Wes Welker weren't there. Demaryius wasn't established. Eric Decker was a 2nd rounder from a small school.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Demaryius wasn't established. Eric Decker was a 2nd rounder from a small school.

Thomas wasn't "established," but he was a 2nd-year WR with Tim Tebow throwing to him. Everyone knew he was a stud WR though. He was even drafted ahead of Dez Bryant.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hard to be established when a running back is trying to throw u the ball