• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I don't understand Tom Brady...

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No and no....

And if you do ever get called to serve, just show up like this man, got him out of it.

Prisoner+Man.jpg

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao all one needs to do is to watch the tom brady on how he likes his balls ! guilty

i have said all along they should have gotten billycheat . man would the pats fans cry then .

no matter what tom cheater brady and **** 4 time sb cheaters ****** live with it and move on .

VikingsAD28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the vikings used sideline heaters to illegally alter the football last season.

Try again:

By rule, the home team is responsible for providing the game balls. The footage shown on NFL Network is from the Vikings' sideline, though there are attendants from both teams on both sidelines and a league source said the Vikings weren't heating up the balls during the game.

Zimmer said he hadn't heard anything from the league about it on Monday, adding, "Somebody told me (Carolina's) ball boys were doing it."

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pay attention.

Here's what Rodgers did against the Seahawks defense when he lost to them two weeks before Brady beat them...

19/34, 55.9%, 178 yards, 1 TD, 2 interceptions, 55.8 rating, and 5.24 ypa

Compare that to Brady's 4th quarter...

13/15, 86.7%, 124 yards, 2 TDs, 140.7 rating and 8.3 ypa

Clearly one guy shredded them when the season was on the line and one guy didn't.

Rodgers is good too though. Could even end the year better than Brady. But he wasn't better at the end of the 2014 season.

You and the several Pats fans liking this post can't honestly believe this is a valid comparison. Rodgers was playing in Seattle against a Seahawks defense that was healthy for the majority of the game. Brady was playing in a neutral site against a defense that had:

Earl Thomas playing with a torn labrum
Kam Chancellor playing with a torn MCL
Richard Sherman playing with a torn ligament in his elbow
Jeremy Lane out for most of the game with a broken arm
Cliff Avril out for half of the game with a concussion
Tharold Simon playing with a shoulder injury

Brady "shredded" that defense by targeting whoever was line up on Simon over and over again. I would assume if Rodgers had a third string injured corner to target for three quarters of a game his numbers would probably look better.

Also gotta laugh at saying "Brady beat Seattle" or "Rodgers lost to Seattle". It's a team game. What it really came down to was the Patriots had a guy make an amazing play on defense to save the game while the Packers didn't.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and the several Pats fans liking this post can't honestly believe this is a valid comparison. Rodgers was playing in Seattle against a Seahawks defense that was healthy for the majority of the game. Brady was playing in a neutral site against a defense that had:

Brady "shredded" that defense by targeting whoever was line up on Simon over and over again. I would assume if Rodgers had a third string injured corner to target for three quarters of a game his numbers would probably look better.

Also gotta laugh at saying "Brady beat Seattle" or "Rodgers lost to Seattle". It's a team game. What it really came down to was the Patriots had a guy make an amazing play on defense to save the game while the Packers didn't.

excuses, excuses, excuses.....Brady took what was given to him. I believe your All Pro CB Sherman states "if it's not broke, don't fix it". Was that it? So why would NE need to change it's game plan, just to amuse some posters on here, lol....

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
excuses, excuses, excuses.....Brady took what was given to him. I believe your All Pro CB Sherman states "if it's not broke, don't fix it". Was that it? So why would NE need to change it's game plan, just to amuse some posters on here, lol....

People who disregard facts as "excuses" are delusional and often impossible to have a rational discussion with. For instance, I have no interest in the NBA but any rational person would conclude that if Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving had played in the finals the series would have been completely different. The Cavs got demolished in one game due to their lack of depth. Playing without two key starters obviously hurt the team and made a difference whether people choose to accept it or not. Likely the only people who would dispute this fact are Warriors fans.

Hell the Bronco's defense was pretty beat up in the Super Bowl last year and it certainly had an impact on the game. This is a fact. Whether or not the Broncos win with a fully healthy team is another question but it certainly would have been closer.

Anyway, you're completely missing the point here and putting words in my mouth. Yes, New England's offense and Brady took was what given to them. That's what any good team and QB would do in that situation. Not knocking them for that. But to imply that the situations Brady and Rodgers found themselves in during each game were similar enough for the numbers comparison to prove Brady is better than Rodgers is just silly.

Cue the same old "excuses, excuses, excuses" response.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And BTW I'm not trying to take anything away from New England in the Super Bowl. Yes Seattle had some injuries but they obviously did not adjust as well as they possibly could have and had a chance to win it at the end. A bonehead play call and a great read by Malcolm Butler just got in the way. The Pats won that game fair and square (as far as we know ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ).

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It ain't all of us Cave.

....and did those stats compare Brady's 4th quarter to Rodger's entire game. Kind of erases a few of Tom's mistakes, no?

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And BTW I'm not trying to take anything away from New England in the Super Bowl. Yes Seattle had some injuries but they obviously did not adjust as well as they possibly could have and had a chance to win it at the end. A bonehead play call and a great read by Malcolm Butler just got in the way. The Pats won that game fair and square (as far as we know ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ).

Both teams had injuries, it's part of the game. Still one of the best SB I have seen played. I was stating that people say Brady sucked because he was not tossing the football 50yds down field and passed for 600yrds and 5td's. All good offenses take what is given to them and then take some shots to keep the defense honest, that is what NE did. There is no way you can compare GB offense to NE, I think they are totally different. One being that Rodgers can throw the deep ball. IMO Brady cannot throw it anymore. Brady's decision making and quickness to make those decisions might be the same, but his skills are not, NE adapts for that. Not saying you were saying that, just making a point. Like what Sherman said, not broke, don't fix...and he is right. Make the Def adjust to you, not the other way around. Either way.....I am not an NBA fan either....was that the point..LOL

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that I had read that a while back. I Googled it again and couldn't find anything regarding them getting fined so, I guess it didn't happen after all.

I also read the article referring to them heating balls on the sideline and it contradicts itself so, I'm not sure if they did or, didn't heat game balls on the sidelines.

there was NO fine. yet another inconsistency with the NFL in how it decides punishment. but I digress.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams had injuries, it's part of the game. Still one of the best SB I have seen played. I was stating that people say Brady sucked because he was not tossing the football 50yds down field and passed for 600yrds and 5td's. All good offenses take what is given to them and then take some shots to keep the defense honest, that is what NE did. There is no way you can compare GB offense to NE, I think they are totally different. One being that Rodgers can throw the deep ball. IMO Brady cannot throw it anymore. Brady's decision making and quickness to make those decisions might be the same, but his skills are not, NE adapts for that. Not saying you were saying that, just making a point. Like what Sherman said, not broke, don't fix...and he is right. Make the Def adjust to you, not the other way around. Either way.....I am not an NBA fan either....was that the point..LOL

they also don't have downfield receivers either, even if Brady could wing it. The strength of the offense is the short to medium routes and then YAC. So along with 'take what you're given', a team has to play to its strengths as well. I think Seattle failed big time in not recognizing that. They gave up the strength of the Pats.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try again:

By rule, the home team is responsible for providing the game balls. The footage shown on NFL Network is from the Vikings' sideline, though there are attendants from both teams on both sidelines and a league source said the Vikings weren't heating up the balls during the game.

Zimmer said he hadn't heard anything from the league about it on Monday, adding, "Somebody told me (Carolina's) ball boys were doing it."
no, they were heating up the balls...them and the panthers. there is video.

"our employees said we werent heating them up"

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reds, it has been NW and Rock who started most of these Pats are innocent threads and have highjacked just as many other topics with the same jargon....
I don't really care because I like the banter, but the truth is the truth and these guys are over the top with it...
I'm just waiting to see how it all shakes out and how many go into hiding afterward....
It's gonna be special,

laugh.gif

oh I know... I've seen them all. Just pointing out that it's not solely them but yes most have been

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady was paid $170,000 to appear at Salem State, university says - Sports - The Boston Globe

For 40 days and nights since his platinum image was stained by football deflation allegations, Tom Brady has maintained his silence about the controversy, with one exception — a highly publicized appearance at Salem State University the night after he was implicated by the NFL’s Wells Report.

It turns out Brady had a good reason, at least financially, to speak last month at Salem State. The university disclosed Tuesday that its nonprofit Salem State University Foundation paid the Patriots quarterback $170,000 to participate in its annual speaker series.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was atrocious. They won in spite of him. 3-yard dumps to the slot or INTs. It was one or the other. The Seahawks literally tossed them the Super Bowl because Brady was abysmal.

Didn't we already establish that you went to bed before the fourth quarter? You should have stayed up. You would have seen some greatness. That was some efficient execution in dominating fashion after that point. Sweet comeback by Brady.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHHA Okay, if cherry picking helps you have peace of mind, so be it.

Nothing to do with peace of mind. Brady was filthy awesome in October. But that doesn't really matter. How did he finish? That's what we're looking at. His performance was tops. Rodgers wasn't. Seems like an off day to me, but if Rodgers last day was an off day then he isn't the best right now. He'll have plenty of opportunity to get himself back on top. Don't fret.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Rodgers was as good as Brady then his interceptions could produce positive results for his team too!

Rodgers did not play well in his last moments of the season. Brady did. The opponent isn't really the point, it just keeps the variables to a minimum. But you found all the variables and you want to talk about them because you need to make excuses for Rodgers' play while no one needs to make excuses for Brady's. Brady's play produced one of the best comebacks in Super Bowl history.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It ain't all of us Cave.

....and did those stats compare Brady's 4th quarter to Rodger's entire game. Kind of erases a few of Tom's mistakes, no?

Tom erased his own mistakes. That's why it was a comeback.