• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I don't understand Tom Brady...

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But to imply that the situations Brady and Rodgers found themselves in during each game were similar enough for the numbers comparison to prove Brady is better than Rodgers is just silly.

That's the point. There is no comparison. Brady's numbers blow Rodgers' out of the water. They're not in the same ball park. The best QB at the end of the year certainly isn't the guy who ended the year like Rodgers' did. What's funny about this is that Rodgers would probably agree that he has to be a lot better than he was that day.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good offenses take what is given to them and then take some shots to keep the defense honest, that is what NE did. There is no way you can compare GB offense to NE, I think they are totally different. One being that Rodgers can throw the deep ball. IMO Brady cannot throw it anymore. Brady's decision making and quickness to make those decisions might be the same, but his skills are not, NE adapts for that.

People like to pretend that execution doesn't matter when it is all that matters. It's actually better to keep the ball for 4 minutes and go 50 yards then do it in 5 seconds. Executing successfully is what matters. Brady did when it mattered most. Rodgers didn't. Pretty basic.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It ain't all of us Cave.

....and did those stats compare Brady's 4th quarter to Rodger's entire game. Kind of erases a few of Tom's mistakes, no?

I know it isn't all of you. The Pats fans on this board are in general pretty cool and level headed and they've been that way since I started posting here. But ever since the Deflategate ruling the board has been flooded with threads about the Patriots which is causing a lot of division here. But it's the off season and we need something to talk about, so I guess what are you gonna do?

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the point. There is no comparison. Brady's numbers blow Rodgers' out of the water. They're not in the same ball park. The best QB at the end of the year certainly isn't the guy who ended the year like Rodgers' did. What's funny about this is that Rodgers would probably agree that he has to be a lot better than he was that day.

False. Just completely false.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Rodgers was as good as Brady then his interceptions could produce positive results for his team too!

Rodgers did not play well in his last moments of the season. Brady did. The opponent isn't really the point, it just keeps the variables to a minimum. But you found all the variables and you want to talk about them because you need to make excuses for Rodgers' play while no one needs to make excuses for Brady's. Brady's play produced one of the best comebacks in Super Bowl history.

See, you're the one who is comparing the stats for one quarter of Brady's game against the Seahawks to Rodgers' entire game. That doesn't prove anything. It's five total quarters of statistics.

And are you sure you know what an excuse is? An excuse would be something like "the sun got in my eye" or "my thumb hurt". I found the differences between the two situations to point out the flaws in your argument and presented facts that prove the situations you were comparing were not similar enough to draw a logical conclusion from.

And since you're so keen on only looking at the last moments of games, if you break the NFC championship game and the Super Bowl down to their last moments the difference is Malcolm Brown making a play vs. Tramon Williams not making one.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't we already establish that you went to bed before the fourth quarter? You should have stayed up. You would have seen some greatness. That was some efficient execution in dominating fashion after that point. Sweet comeback by Brady.

Yeah, "sweet comeback by Brady." I even heard he was throwing passes to himself, he played LT on a play or two, RB, he caught the game-winning INT, kicked FGs and then was spotted dancing like a black man in clubs afterward. It was truly impressive.

You should seek help with the delusions. A good, stable anti-disassociative medication will go a long way.

:L

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Get. Help. Now.

1-800-INEEDHELP

:L

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams had injuries, it's part of the game. Still one of the best SB I have seen played. I was stating that people say Brady sucked because he was not tossing the football 50yds down field and passed for 600yrds and 5td's. All good offenses take what is given to them and then take some shots to keep the defense honest, that is what NE did. There is no way you can compare GB offense to NE, I think they are totally different. One being that Rodgers can throw the deep ball. IMO Brady cannot throw it anymore. Brady's decision making and quickness to make those decisions might be the same, but his skills are not, NE adapts for that. Not saying you were saying that, just making a point. Like what Sherman said, not broke, don't fix...and he is right. Make the Def adjust to you, not the other way around. Either way.....I am not an NBA fan either....was that the point..LOL

Ah, well I guess I misunderstood what you were saying. Like I said Seattle should have adjusted to the injuries better and they made a mistake before the game by not including Burley on the 53 man roster. I just don't think five quarters of stats in two completely different games is enough to make any sort of determination about which QB is better.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And BTW I'm not trying to take anything away from New England in the Super Bowl. Yes Seattle had some injuries but they obviously did not adjust as well as they possibly could have and had a chance to win it at the end. A bonehead play call and a great read by Malcolm Butler just got in the way. The Pats won that game fair and square (as far as we know ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ).

Thank you. It's a hard pill to swallow when you get that close.

Right now I really think Seattle is in a better position to get back than New England is.. Although it's far from a sure path.

I have to think GB will be particularly focused on getting there.. They were reaall close too.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
False. Just completely false.

The numbers from my original post that got a bunch of people all uppity. Not their season long numbers. That was previously addressed.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And since you're so keen on only looking at the last moments of games, if you break the NFC championship game and the Super Bowl down to their last moments the difference is Malcolm Brown making a play vs. Tramon Williams not making one.

Sure on the defensive side. But what did the offenses do right around those plays? You didn't present any of that.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, well I guess I misunderstood what you were saying. Like I said Seattle should have adjusted to the injuries better and they made a mistake before the game by not including Burley on the 53 man roster. I just don't think five quarters of stats in two completely different games is enough to make any sort of determination about which QB is better.

Brady ended the year better. So he's best right now. I would not be surprised at all if the next time games were played Rodgers performed better. Rodgers is pretty damn good. He should have been pretty damn good against the Seahawks though. Then his season wouldn't have ended.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he didn't do anything why is he so afraid to talk? If I was him and I was innocent I'd be yelling it from any place I could. I know what you Patriot homers are going to say..."his lawyers are advising him". To anyone not looking at this from the Patriots side it's clear that he's guilty. It's so clear that even the owner said ok give me the penalty and give my qb a break. I believe it will get decreased...probably to 1 or 2 games but it doesn't change the fact that the Patriot homers on here and around the country are completely delusional if they believe Brady is innocent.
.....and Tom Brady doesn't understand ......Y O U.....!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
couldn't agree more.....cue the circus music

What Brady did to win the game was compared to what Rodgers did to try to win the game. That the sample sizes vary is insignificant. Those numbers aren't even close. If Rodgers finished his game as good as Brady finished his game we aren't even having this conversation because the two would have faced off in the Super Bowl.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Brady did to win the game was compared to what Rodgers did to try to win the game. That the sample sizes vary is insignificant. Those numbers aren't even close. If Rodgers finished his game as good as Brady finished his game we aren't even having this conversation because the two would have faced off in the Super Bowl.

He had something like 120 yards in the air. He was awful, a liability in fact.

You must not have seen the play that gave the win to NE. When it happened, Brady was on the sidelines preparing his retirement speech immediately following the game.

NE won in spite of Brady's abysmal play.

And you know it too.