• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I demand that Jay Z be banned from the NBA immediately

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is really simple - the NBA is a non-profit corporation which holds anti monoply exemption and each team in the NBA is A franchise that his been given specified privelidges for being a member and franchise part of the NBA. Major league sports are very unique in comparison to the rest of corporate America because first all owners, players and employees have agreed to arbitration and it's binding. Very few courts would even consider hearing Sterling's case if he tries to sue and if he does not sell the team - He does run the risk of the players and fans jumping ship and leaving him with a shipwreck. The NBA association can revoke his franchise rights and priveliges which means if he does not comply - they simply will not schedule any games for him and he would be left holding contracts, leases and employees without a venue to play in. There is no doubt that he would sue the NBA, but as it has been stated - most courts are likely to throw it out and the burden of proving that the NBA is in violation and forcing them to schedule games would be monumental - he could easily lose the entire operation before forcing a settlement.

It remains to be seen if the paragraph that Silver intends to invoke will work, but the paragraph is enough under the most extreme cases should be enough. Considering the outrage, threats of boycotting the games, loss of sponsers - the Clippers as it stands today could not be an effective part of the NBA and they could contract the team out of existence and leave both the assets and liabilities in Sterlings hands.

The problem for Sterling is that he has a 33 year of history with the NBA and feels safe with his position with a new commissioner. If the 29 owners vote to remove him and understand the ramnifications of the fight - then I think Sterling is screwed. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but all of the major sports are in agreement that you cannot and will not be allowed to own a team if you openly admit that you hate blacks, jews, mexicans or any race of human beings. While the evidence was collected legally by Stern and Stiviano who was his archivist, and shouldn't have been released, it is now in public domain and everyone knows the truth. That can't be undone and the NBA has no choice but to deal with it.

I really don't know what Mo's exact position on it to be honest - I just know that so far I haven't heard him say anything I disagree with it. We used to get at it, but we kind of have a mutual respect for each other and don't care to fight with each - to the best of my knowledge anyway

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question for you assholes that keeps using the analogy "The Thought Police" - Lets take a few areas in life, business and etc where this is actually correct and try to tell me that you are okay or against the "The thought police " weeding out those with contrary opinions

Church - How many of you go to church? Suppose you are Catholic and suddenly your priest stands up in the service each morning and tells the congregation that the confessional is a bunch of rediculous garbage? - How long do you think he will remain before getting removed for his personal opinion?

Day Care - How many of you have small children or grown? Grand children? Great Grand Children? Suppose the main administrator of the day care that watches your little ones - suddenly tells you that one of her children sees nothing wrong with children having sex and video taping it? Or expresses her opinions to support those perv's - How long do you thing that day care remains open if that's her business? Are you going to take your children there? Again you would be removing your services for her personal opinions?

Police - How many of you want police on the force that tells you they see nothing wrong with getting up on a witness stand and telling a lie in order to get a conviction? Even if he has never done it - that's his opinion.

Regardless of the guilt or innocence - there are personal opinions that conflict with the job or profession of certain people in certain positions and when their personal views directly become a threat to the integrity of the business - they can be, they should be and they will be moved - so get over this idea that it's unfair to use a person's thoughts against them - it happens every day millions of time a day - it's how we operate in business

That's all accurate and fine, but it does nothing to address the double-standard involved in media representation, or explain why certain forms of racism, be it subtle or otherwise, is acceptable.

As put forth previously in this thread, why is it widely acceptable for an obviously racist black rapper to don racist apparel, yet still be beloved and granted immunity from scrutiny and persecution?

He's a bigot...no doubt, but the selective outrage towards racism is abhorrent.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all accurate and fine, but it does nothing to address the double-standard involved in media representation, or explain why certain forms of racism, be it subtle or otherwise, is acceptable.

As put forth previously in this thread, why is it widely acceptable for an obviously racist black rapper to don racist apparel, yet still be beloved and granted immunity from scrutiny and persecution?

He's a bigot...no doubt, but the selective outrage towards racism is abhorrent.

You can't fix the entire world man - you just fix your little corner when you can and move on - the country is right to be outraged - His comments were extremely honest about his opinion

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You sure you didn't have two tam'as?

faafafine.jpg

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was pointed out you suck up to the mods... You wanted to know when so I showed you... Why attack my heritage yet again...? You're intelegence continues to shine...:laugh3:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you even talking about...? You have got to be the dumbest...:laugh3:

Just messing with you, man. And I don't know what I'm talking about, I had to google that shit. Is that not how you say dads? :noidea:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just messing with you, man. And I don't know what I'm talking about, I had to google that shit. Is that not how you say dads? :noidea:

That's how it's spelled, boy is also spelled that way... Add in your picture and I have no idea what you're talking about...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
image.jpg

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't fix the entire world man - you just fix your little corner when you can and move on - the country is right to be outraged - His comments were extremely honest about his opinion

Nope, but you can at least acknowledge the double-standard and hypocrisy.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, but you can at least acknowledge the double-standard and hypocrisy.

If you think there is a double standard why don't you round up your posse and tell the NBA to do something? All this whining leads me to believe you are just angry that someone you admire got caught and called out for what he is.

You and you buds classic reaction is to look to exact a pound of flesh by searching the internet to find something, anything to put a Black person in the same position. The funny thing is you cant. Like I said stop whining and do something. My guess is you and racist friends don't have enough influence to get a kid to eat some ice cream.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think there is a double standard why don't you round up your posse and tell the NBA to do something? All this whining leads me to believe you are just angry that someone you admire got caught and called out for what he is.

You and you buds classic reaction is to look to exact a pound of flesh by searching the internet to find something, anything to put a Black person in the same position. The funny thing is you cant. Like I said stop whining and do something. My guess is you and racist friends don't have enough influence to get a kid to eat some ice cream.

Because nothing will come of it. I'm not a fan of pounding sand, just to pound sand. I've done my part, by ceasing to watch their pile of shit, product. Years ago.

What's funny is your outright refusal to read the proof provided, and your blatant denial regarding people YOU admire. I don't admire Sterling!? Didn't even know who he was until this. There is nothing to admire...he's bigot. I've clearly stated this several times. Can you admit that your hero is also a bigot? Nope, you play dumb, wage semantics wars and then claim to have "schooled" everyone whose stance is opposite or opposing yours.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because nothing will come of it. I'm not a fan of pounding sand, just to pound sand. I've done my part, by ceasing to watch their pile of shit, product. Years ago.

What's funny is your outright refusal to read the proof provided, and your blatant denial regarding people YOU admire. I don't admire Sterling!? Didn't even know who he was until this. There is nothing to admire...he's bigot. I've clearly stated this several times. Can you admit that your hero is also a bigot? Nope, you play dumb, wage semantics wars and then claim to have "schooled" everyone whose stance is opposite or opposing yours.

If nothing will come of it then you must be venting like I said. Whats funny is that you dont understand assumptions are not proof. You dont have a shred of proof LJ or Jay-Z are racist. Who is it you think is my hero? I didn't claim I schooled anyone. The word I used was educated. Dont be angry your argument fell apart just because I poked it a little.

When your type starts looking for someone to crucify because one of yours is brought down you reveal your bigotry and racism. You can pretend all you want but you and most feral racists are cowards anyway so I dont expect you to admit it.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
montsho is just pounding his chest because his ilk has won. The NBA is theirs now. And they're not going to stop here. I wonder what's next?

BTW, montsho. Overt racism isn't allowed here. You've already crossed the line and you know it. I'm just warning you now.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No more than you show your racism by defending your race, when clearly guilty.

Nothing will come of it BECAUSE there is a double-standard. Duh.

And assumptions are certainly proof in the court of public opinion.

You show up to a game wearing a kkk medallion, I'm going to assume you are a racist, and by choosing to publicly wear such emblem, you are open for interpretation and assumption. I don't need to hear your words on the subject, you've summed it up nicely with the racist pendant you're wearing.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
montsho is just pounding his chest because his ilk has won. The NBA is theirs now. And they're not going to stop here. I wonder what's next?

BTW, montsho. Overt racism isn't allowed here. You've already crossed the line and you know it. I'm just warning you now.

The NBA was already ours once we became the main attractions to the sport. Dont worry about us taking over everything because thats not our intention. You dont need rules to keep us down. Be confident you can compete on a level playing field.

BTW what did I say that was racist or is it you just dont like hearing something? Please point this out. While you are at why do you not address the overtly racist comments made on this very thread? Like I told you before, if you have problem with something I say go ahead and ban me from your site. I could give a shit.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No more than you show your racism by defending your race, when clearly guilty.

Nothing will come of it BECAUSE there is a double-standard. Duh.

And assumptions are certainly proof in the court of public opinion.

You show up to a game wearing a kkk medallion, I'm going to assume you are a racist, and by choosing to publicly wear such emblem, you are open for interpretation and assumption. I don't need to hear your words on the subject, you've summed it up nicely with the racist pendant you're wearing.

Thats why you will labor under the pain of making bad decisions. Your thought processes that weigh evidence are faulty. I can tell by your philosophy your life reflects your poor decisions. Stop whining about innuendo when you have someone caught red handed right in front of you. Or is it the skin color that blinded you?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA was already ours once we became the main attractions to the sport. Dont worry about us taking over everything because thats not our intention. You dont need rules to keep us down. Be confident you can compete on a level playing field.

BTW what did I say that was racist or is it you just dont like hearing something? Please point this out. While you are at why do you not address the overtly racist comments made on this very thread? Like I told you before, if you have problem with something I say go ahead and ban me from your site. I could give a shit.

Could not, could not, could not!!!!!